SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TOURNEY - SIOUX vs. BADGERS - Cincinnati

AZSIOUX

UND is -115 which means for every $115 you bet on the Sioux you win $100 if the Sioux win. Denver is +250 which means for every $100 you bet on Denver you win $250 if Denver wins.

UND is -115 which means for every $115 you bet on the Sioux you win $100 if the Sioux win. Denver is +250 which means for every $100 you bet on Denver you win $250 if Denver wins.

Not even Sam Brittain can save the Pios against BC......Althought $100 bucks on Sam to win 250 isn't bad.

bigskyvikes, in the first game, Union is the favored team, as signified by the - (minus) written in front of the 240,while Vermont is the underdog, as designated by the + (plus) in front of the 200.

What these numbers mean is that those wishing to bet on the favorite, Union, will have to risk $240 to win $100, while those wanting to wager on the underdog, Vermont, will risk $100 to win $200.

North Dakota (-115) is a slight favorite over Wisconsin (-105); therefore, you will need to bet $115 on UND to win $100.

The odds for UND to win the tournament are 17/2 or 8.5 to 1. Therefore, you would need to believe that UND has a greater than an 11.76% chance of winning in order to make this a good bet.

bigskyvikes, in the first game, Union is the favored team, as signified by the - (minus) written in front of the 240,while Vermont is the underdog, as designated by the + (plus) in front of the 200.

What these numbers mean is that those wishing to bet on the favorite, Union, will have to risk $240 to win $100, while those wanting to wager on the underdog, Vermont, will risk $100 to win $200.

North Dakota (-115) is a slight favorite over Wisconsin (-105); therefore, you will need to bet $115 on UND to win $100.

The odds for UND to win the tournament are 17/2 or 8.5 to 1. Therefore, you would need to believe that UND has a greater than an 11.76% chance of winning in order to make this a good bet.

Sorry if I just don't get it but why is some matchups + & -, while others are - & -? Is it just representing the risk?

I was surprised at some of these CHN picks:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/ncaa/picksRegionals.php

While both BC and UMN have very tough regionals, I still would think they are the favorites to advance to the F4. But only 4 people selected them to advance. And UW seems to be the favorite in our regional...but 2 people picked Colgate to advance? I know they've beaten FSU a couple times this season, but I don't see them reaching the F4. We'll see I guess.

http://www.collegeho...ksRegionals.php

While both BC and UMN have very tough regionals, I still would think they are the favorites to advance to the F4. But only 4 people selected them to advance. And UW seems to be the favorite in our regional...but 2 people picked Colgate to advance? I know they've beaten FSU a couple times this season, but I don't see them reaching the F4. We'll see I guess.

Yeah, go ahead....WRITE OFF ROBERT MORRIS!!!! Write off the guy that helped to finance the American Revolution. Well we all know how that ended for the English! Hah! What language are we speaking now ENGLAND?

Gophers 5

Colonials 1

Best of luck to the Sioux/NCHC this weekend. It's my birthday and will be grilling some steaks, drinking some wine, watching a lot of hockey and cheering the Sioux.

In my pool I got the Sioux in the final for, but I picked the Gophers in the semi (sorry and I really hate the Rodents)

I think Denver upsets BC, but cant get by Umass

I don't think the Huskies get past the Irish....

Sorry, also new to sports betting... Bet $115 on UND & UND wins, do you collect $215 ($100 profit)?

Correct.

The odds are set by some very smart people to start the week, but can and will change as the week goes on. Once your wager is placed, it's locked into the odds that were current when you placed the bet.

Tip #1: It's smart to bet against the Dallas Cowboys. Why? The bookie is trying to make money. If it's 50/50 odds that either team will win, both teams are usually set at -110. Like mentioned above, you need to place a $110 bet to win $100 (plus your $110 back for a total of $210). The bookies goal is to try and create equal bets placed for both teams, that way an equal number of people are losing opposed to winning. Now, because the bookie set the odds to -110 each, they are making money on the extra -10 it factored in. Back to the Cowboys. Because the bookies want equal bets on both sides, they'll change the lines as the week goes on to make sure they accomplish this. Well, because there are so many not-so-bright Cowboys fans (not all) who will blindly throw bets down on their favor team, it can change the odds in favor of someone who is un-biased trying to make some money. So, the odds are skewed to create equal bets. This is one reason why the odds of a team winning aren't always accurate. I used the Cowboys as an example, but there are many other teams/athletes who fit this description as well. My favorite is betting against Tiger Woods in the two-ball bets even though I'm a big Tiger fan.

Tip #2: Bet early in the week and late in the week. When new games are available to bet on, you can find games where you feel the bookie made a mistake. This isn't common because big money is on the line and those who set the odds are very good at what they do, but they will err at times. Chances are, if you are correct on your assessment of a mistake, many others also will take notice, and now the bets will heavily favor one side. Because the bookie wants equal bets on both sides, they will quickly start to make up for this. The middle of the week will be pretty neutral, but by the end of the week, bettors can skew the lines so much so that it makes it favorable to bet an underdog (leads back to Tip #1).

Those are just some basics.

• Upvote 1

robert morris uncountered some delays too I saw. too bad BC doesn't ever have to go through these troubles when they play in a regional.

I think they were more saying that mockingly to Jayson. Their flight was delayed by 4 minutes! haha

http://www.collegeho...ksRegionals.php

The things that surprised me most:

1) The lack of confidence in Minnesota

2) That someone picked Mankato to come out of the regional of death.