SiouxSports.com Forum

Round 3: North Dakota vs. Weber State

jdub27

By the way Bilas is picking the Bison over OU.

Name somebody that isn't? :silly:

As a UND fan I love that everybody is picking NDSU, you know how that turns out. All these experts have never seen NDSU play, except maybe a few minutes in the Summit championship game. They were losing the entire game to IPFW but now they are going to go out and beat Oklahoma, no questions asked. Right.

Name somebody that isn't? :silly:

As a UND fan I love that everybody is picking NDSU, you know how that turns out. All these experts have never seen NDSU play, except maybe a few minutes in the Summit championship game. They were losing the entire game to IPFW but now they are going to go out and beat Oklahoma, no questions asked. Right.

There are people on BV picking NDSU to win it all... must be some pretty strong koolaid over there.

And the #2 Big Sky team was beaten at home by the #3 Summit team. A team that was run out of the gym by the Bison twice.

You do realize the top team(NDSU) in the Summit got ran out of the gum by the number 2 team in the Big Sky (UND). Every time you try to make your arguments you keep looking sillier.

Some of you guys are really making us UND fans look dumb. NDSU is a good team. Did we beat them, yes. But, from January on they have clearly been the better team. They have 5 loses and we were barely 500 when entering the conference tournament. NDSU beat Notre Dame and W. Michigan. Those are good road nonconference wins. We lost to SUU who had only won one game against an NAIA team. Just accept it. NDSU has a better basketball team than UND this year. Head to head works to compare teams when they have similar records, but look how each team finished the season and it is clear who has the better team. There is a reason they are a 12 seed and not a 16 seed. Do they have a chance to beat Oklahoma, sure they do. Probably the best team ranked 12-16 with a chance to upset in the tournament. Some of you guys need to just take the gloves off and stop the stupid UND/NDSU pissing match and recognize a good team when you see it.

• Upvote 3

I agree with you for the most part "siouxperfan7." I believe they have a pretty decent chance at knocking off OU. However, I don't think they have the best chance of the 12 seeds. Whoever wins the 12 seed play-in game between Xaiver and NC State has a better chance at knocking off St. Louis. I would be careful on talking about how Oklahoma is going to blow out NDSU...I don't think that will happen. The game will be close. Just remember how many people were predicting K-State to blow out NDSU....didn't exactly happen.

Some of you guys are really making us UND fans look dumb. NDSU is a good team. Did we beat them, yes. But, from January on they have clearly been the better team. They have 5 loses and we were barely 500 when entering the conference tournament. NDSU beat Notre Dame and W. Michigan. Those are good road nonconference wins. We lost to SUU who had only won one game against an NAIA team. Just accept it. NDSU has a better basketball team than UND this year. Head to head works to compare teams when they have similar records, but look how each team finished the season and it is clear who has the better team. There is a reason they are a 12 seed and not a 16 seed. Do they have a chance to beat Oklahoma, sure they do. Probably the best team ranked 12-16 with a chance to upset in the tournament. Some of you guys need to just take the gloves off and stop the stupid UND/NDSU pissing match and recognize a good team when you see it.

Sorry, but when FU fans go off the deep end and start talking about Sweet 16 and Elite 8, then they deserve some ridicule. I am picking them to upset OU, but that is as far as they will go. They aren't Wichita St or Creighton and that is what THEY need to "just accept:". Some of us are just sick and tired of the trolling on the fan site of a team they claim not to care about anymore and the arrogance and pompous attitudes. When the shoe is on the other foot, they'll realize how foolish it was to be a bunch of toolboxes. I don't hear anyone on this forum making outlandish predictions for the UND Women's team.

You do realize the top team(NDSU) in the Summit got ran out of the gum by the number 2 team in the Big Sky (UND). Every time you try to make your arguments you keep looking sillier.

And the #10 Big Sky football team (UND) would have beaten the eventual 3-time National Champs (NDSU) but NDSU was afraid to play the game. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah............

And the #10 Big Sky football team (UND) would have beaten the eventual 3-time National Champs (NDSU) but NDSU was afraid to play the game. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah............

And there it is. BINGO is good folks. Clear your cards for the next game.

I'm confused on the logic that all that matters is #ButtRPI and conference rankings, regardless of what happens on the court, yet NDSU fans are convinced they will handle Oklahoma (#26) who play in the Big 12 (#1 conference) and then possibly San Diego State (#15) who play in the Mountain West (#10 conference).

Until they play UND I guess we are just going to have to assume they are afraid. The reason for that thinking is when they do play us in a sport they seem to lose. That would make your sports scheduling department ( GT) a little nervous. Don't you think.

Argue this all you want. The bottom line is no team in the Big Sky won enough games, or beat enough quality opponents, to impress anyone. That's why the BSC conference champ is a 16 seed.

I didn't argue any of the above. Just pointing out that when games were actually played on the court, not on paper, the Big Sky was better on the court twice, the Summit once. The Big Sky was inconsistent this year, that's not a secret and it is why their rankings are where they are. But when they played to the level they were capable of, there were multiple good teams.

NDSU better be careful on Thursday, this game might be OU's Super Bowl and apparently NDSU is 0-1 in other team's Super Bowls this year.

Argue this all you want. The bottom line is no team in the Big Sky won enough games, or beat enough quality opponents, to impress anyone. That's why the BSC conference champ is a 16 seed.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame...it will be like 2009 all over again. When the game is done, no one will remember who NDSU is.

I didn't argue any of the above. Just pointing out that when games were actually played, the Big Sky was better on the court.

NDSU better be careful on Thursday, this game might be OU's Super Bowl and apparently NDSU is 0-1 in other team's Super Bowls this year.

Bison fans will think so, while OU will think Kansas is. OU fans will think NDSU is just a DIII school like K-State fans thought.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame...it will be like 2009 all over again. When the game is done, no one will remember who NDSU is.

Why would saying silly things like this be comforting to you?

Enjoy listening to basketball analysts discussing NDSU...you won't hear any talking about UND.

Does anyone in the #ButtSummit ever factor in an average of 6 additional non conference games for each #ButtSummit school as compared to Big Sky schools? 8 #ButtSummit teams, 6 additional non conference games each, equals 48 additional opportunities for #ButtSummitters to get non conference wins and up their #ButtRPI. This is a major flaw of using the #ButtRPI when figuring individual team and conference rankings.

• Upvote 2

Why would saying silly things like this be comforting to you?

Enjoy listening to basketball analysts discussing NDSU...you won't hear any talking about UND.

You mean listen to them refer to NDSU as UND, will you enjoy that? And what is silly about my statement, so you think anyone outside of most FU fans remember the 09 Kansas game? I know the rest of the country especially those in Lawrence don't.

Does anyone in the #ButtSummit ever factor in an average of 6 additional non conference games for each #ButtSummit school as compared to Big Sky schools? 8 #ButtSummit teams, 6 additional non conference games each, equals 48 additional opportunities for #ButtSummitters to get non conference wins and up their #ButtRPI. This is a major flaw of using the #ButtRPI when figuring individual team and conference rankings.

You can always use Kenpom if you don't like RPI.