SiouxSports.com Forum

Round 3: North Dakota vs. Weber State

jdub27

Let's not make excuses, we played fine yesterday. Out guys just did not show up tonight. We left slot of points out there. Very disappointing to miss a NCAA tourney like that. You miss on a good game it's one thing, you get smoked like that it's a whole other.

about time u stop posting. We were down 2 key players and they fought their ass off against a much better team in front of a hostile crowd. Give them credit for making it this far.

They did, but like you said brekke has been gone all season. We moved on from him a long time ago, and we still had plenty of talent to compete.

We had zero post defense all season. I'm stating a fact, not using it as an excuse.

Who is making excuses? Stated weber is a better team, no doubt. The team lost two of the better defensive and smarter players on the team and without them it was going to be almost impossible. Part of the reason Weber hit 7 there's in first half was the lack of those two. Players running around out of place led to those shots.

about time u stop posting. We were down 2 key players and they fought their ass off against a much better team in front of a hostile crowd. Give them credit for making it this far.

I do give them credit. I said they played terrific last night. I am saying they didn't carry it over to tonight. You are correct they played a dominant team in a hostile place, though playing the butt off .. Not quite. Bad shooting percentage, not great D, playing tough they could have kept it closer than the final score. What was frustrating was missing the easy layups, even with their O rebounds which actually seemed pretty good. Even down 2 players they still missed a lot of opportunities. Glad they made it to the championship, just wish we saw high level team that they can be. Like I said inconsistency has been pretty evident this season. Too bad we will lose so much talent this year, could be a while until we're back in this game, but who know.

Injures and playing three games in three days handicapped us. Weber was hungry to get back to the dance and were ready from the get go.

So will we be in the CIT again?

Hope so, CIT is certainly not the big dance, but more basketball and a chance for these seniors to play and win more is always a good thing!

I do give them credit. I said they played terrific last night. I am saying they didn't carry it over to tonight. You are correct they played a dominant team in a hostile place, though playing the butt off .. Not quite. Bad shooting percentage, not great D, playing tough they could have kept it closer than the final score. What was frustrating was missing the easy layups, even with their O rebounds which actually seemed pretty good. Even down 2 players they still missed a lot of opportunities. Glad they made it to the championship, just wish we saw high level team that they can be. Like I said inconsistency has been pretty evident this season. Too bad we will lose so much talent this year, could be a while until we're back in this game, but who know.

If Nash truly does apply for a 6th year and gets it we could be equally as good next season. Without him I still think by years end we have a solid team. Just depends on what type if depth we develop

If Nash truly does apply for a 6th year and gets it we could be equally as good next season. Without him I still think by years end we have a solid team. Just depends on what type if depth we develop

Didn't even know he still had that possibility. Would be great to see him back though!

Didn't even know he still had that possibility. Would be great to see him back though!

It's probably a long shot to get granted. Still, Tyler will be a huge addition at guard and Shanks might be a good addition mid year. I also expect big improvements from Hooker and Calceterra. I think we'll be more balanced next season.