SiouxSports.com Forum

Round 3: North Dakota vs. Weber State

jdub27

Of course they got a bad draw...they're a number 16 seed. What were you expecting?

In my very humble opinion, NDSU, with their 12th seed, should be thankful they are not playing against the 16th seeded Wildcats. The Bison would have a VERY difficult time staying within 10 points of Weber.

In my very humble opinion, NDSU, with their 12th seed, should be thankful they are not playing against the 16th seeded Wildcats. The Bison would have a VERY difficult time staying within 10 points of Weber.

Really? Given their seeding, it appears that very few people agree with you. Oh well, don't surprised if NDSU wins a game or two in the tournament.

• Upvote 1

If TrayVonn plays the way he did against IPFW, the Bison will win. He's the X-Factor.

I have only see Mr Wright play a couple of times - I watched the IPFW game - they didn't have anyone to match up against him. I think OU will be able to match up against him. I thought that Nash outplayed Wright in GF this year.

That could never happen..............

Wright's personal #buttRPI is higher than Nash's.......................

:silly: :silly:

Who said anything about RPI? The Bison are better than Weber State and the rest of the BSC, simple as that. You won't find many people who disagree, outside of Big Sky campuses of course.

As far as the Bison beating OU...they are the trendy upset pick at the moment...

Who said anything about RPI? The Bison are better than Weber State and the rest of the BSC, simple as that. You won't find many people who disagree, outside of Big Sky campuses of course.

As far as the Bison beating OU...they are the trendy upset pick at the moment...

You got run out of the gym by the BSC runner-up. "Simple as that."

Yep, NDSU despite losing to a BSC member is better than the whole BSC. Excuse me while I LMFAO!!!!

I don't think it's really fair to only argue NDSU.

The NCAA tournament selection committee viewed the best team in the Big Sky as one of bottom 6 teams in the entire tournament. IPFW would have at least got a 14 if they ended up going to the tournament. #buttRPI carries a lot more weight than #buttIsaidso.

If TrayVonn plays the way he did against IPFW, the Bison will win. He's the X-Factor.

Agree that he is the X factor for SU...problem is OU has a handful of guys just like him.

This will be fairly close for a half...OU wins but 16-20.

Tough November for the Bison. It happens, not a big deal.

Went right out to the west coast five days later and won their holiday tourney. I would say they were playing OK.

It is obvious that NDSU has the better resume and team. That cannot be argued. But, they are not that great as we saw in November. NDSU's guards are going to be their downfall on Thursday, gotta have guards in March and they don't.

I don't think it's really fair to only argue NDSU.

The NCAA tournament selection committee viewed the best team in the Big Sky as one of bottom 6 teams in the entire tournament. IPFW would have at least got a 14 if they ended up going to the tournament. #buttRPI carries a lot more weight than #buttIsaidso.

I am going to go with Jay Bilas and J Williams since they know a little more about basketball than most, in their assessment of RPI and the work of the selection committee.....teams and conferences have learned how to game the system. They said the committee was lucky this year in that the teams that were in the tournament was pretty cut and dry but based on what they were hearing the seeds were going to be a little dubious(this was on Sunday morning when they were discussing this) and they were correct....with teams like Louisville and Michigan State having 4 seeds and having teams like NC State and Xavier technically seeded behind NDSU and Harvard certainly do not do anything for the credibility of the selection committee and their leaning on RPI instead of actually using the "eye test" and watching teams play. By the way Bilas is picking the Bison over OU.

As far as Summit vs. Big Sky, I think it is foolish to not think that NDSU, IPFW , and SDSU wouldn't all be competitive in the Big Sky conference and NDSU would have a shot at finishing in the top 2. That said any of these teams could have just as easily finished 8th as the depth of the league is far greater than the Summit. The top 9 Big Sky teams would all easily be top 5 Summit teams.

I think Weber deserved a better slot than they got. Their non conference losses were to tourney teams BYU and UCLA, a regular season conference champ who lost in their conference tourney in Utah Valley and to Colorado State and Utah State. I think they should have been ahead of Western Michigan, Milwaukee, NC Central, American, Wofford, and possibly Eastern Kentucky which would have pushed them to a 14. NDSU probably got a slightly beneficial slot at 12 as I would have had NC State and Xavier ahead of them in the band of 12 seeds and then Tulsa and Manhatten as well so they would have been the first 13 or last 12 so I don't think they are as over seeded as many UND fans want to believe.