SiouxSports.com Forum

Round 3: North Dakota vs. Weber State

jdub27

Why do you always have post ignorant stuff? Give NDSU credit, they have a good team and are playing a heck of a ball game. I hate the Bison as much as any other UND fan, but can at least be objectionable.

I think you mean "objective". Darrell is being "objectionable". ( :

As a UND fan I love that everybody is picking NDSU, you know how that turns out. All these experts have never seen NDSU play, except maybe a few minutes in the Summit championship game. They were losing the entire game to IPFW but now they are going to go out and beat Oklahoma, no questions asked. Right.

Please tell me to STFU again. It was classy enough the first time.

Give the Bison credit - UND's players would gladly trade that win over NDSU months ago for a win over Oklahoma tonight.

Congrats to NDSU on their first-ever NCAA tournament win - let's hope UND can do the same soon - next year would be great.

Give the Bison credit - UND's players would gladly trade that win over NDSU months ago for a win over Oklahoma tonight.

Congrats to NDSU on their first-ever NCAA tournament win - let's hope UND can do the same soon - next year would be great.

So is this what the FBS is afraid of? A no-name team beating a big boy in a true playoff. This is why I love March Madness...anybody can beat anybody (except a 16 seed, but one day it will happen).

What does the quoted part have to do with you shutting the F up?

NDSU looked great tonight and played better than OK. They took advantage of Okies defensive lapses over and over.

What's sad is UND could do everything that NDSU hasd done if they shifted the emphasis and funding they currently have in the athletic department from hockey to the rest of the sports. Instead we'll continue to waste all of our money on a sport no one gives a !@#$ about while continuing our decade long march to irrelevancy.

What's sad is UND could do everything that NDSU hasd done if they shifted the emphasis and funding they currently have in the athletic department from hockey to the rest of the sports. Instead we'll continue to waste all of our money on a sport no one gives a !@#$ about while continuing our decade long march to irrelevancy.

How come UND can win a National Title in 1997 in both women's basketball and hockey if all the money goes to hockey? Its not money, its the right coach, and the right recruit. Remember we won a NC in 2001 in football and lost the NC game in 2001 in hockey after winning it in 2000 and winning a NC in women's basketball for the third time in 1999. So in just 3 seasons (99-01) UND won 3 NC in 3 sports with most of the money going to hockey?

How come UND can win a National Title in 1997 in both women's basketball and hockey if all the money goes to hockey? Its not money, its the right coach, and the right recruit. Remember we won a NC in 2001 in football and lost the NC game in 2001 in hockey after winning it in 2000 and winning a NC in women's basketball for the third time in 1999. So in just 3 seasons (99-01) UND won 3 NC in 3 sports with most of the money going to hockey?

That's over two decades ago! Since Ralph's gift, this university has neglected every other program on campus. Eventually, we need to decide we're done getting kicked in the teeth and go out and actually take NDSU head on.

That's over two decades ago! Since Ralph's gift, this university has neglected every other program on campus. Eventually, we need to decide we're done getting kicked in the teeth and go out and actually take NDSU head on.

The women made the dance, Volleyball won the BSC Regular Season title. Football and men's basketball are the only 2 major sports UND has yet to win the conference. And now Faison opened the checkbook on the football team so we will see where that leads us, men's basketball is going to suffer with Jones.

What's sad is UND could do everything that NDSU has done if they shifted the emphasis and funding they currently have in the athletic department from hockey to the rest of the sports. Instead we'll continue to waste all of our money on a sport no one gives a !@#$ about while continuing our decade long march to irrelevancy.

And NDSU's primary emphasis wouldn't be football, would it?

And NDSU's primary emphasis wouldn't be football, would it?

Yes, it is football. Just like it is at nearly every university. Just like it should be at UND. MBB is undoubtedly number 2 which is also how it is at most every other university in the country. They apparently don't give a !@#$ about women's athletics nor about academics, but in the grand scheme of things if you excel at the first two no one will really notice that you suck at everything else. It's why their enrollment grows every year while UND's continues to shrink and our president has to pump up crap ideas like online education to pump up enrollment..

Yes, it is football. Just like it is at nearly every university. Just like it should be at UND. MBB is undoubtedly number 2 which is also how it is at most every other university in the country. They apparently don't give a !@#$ about women's athletics nor about academics, but in the grand scheme of things if you excel at the first two no one will really notice that you suck at everything else. It's why their enrollment grows every year while UND's continues to shrink and our president has to pump up crap ideas like online education to pump up enrollment..

Lol excuse me on the academics???

• Upvote 1

I totally understand what you are saying, but I think we'll get off our arses and get with the program in FB and MBB soon. Bubba will get FB turned around. Jones should be on the hot seat after this year's MBB team underachieved and slow-walked thru game after game this season. The plain and simple truth is we have no choice but to fix the programs that are not working. We are Division I in all sports now and running all non-hockey sports on shoestring budgets cannot continue. Better days are ahead.