SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I was reading an article lately and it focused on in-state recruits. For North Dakota, top recruits focus on either UND or NDSU. I thought it would be interesting to have a list of all the top ND recruits and where they are going. The team (NDSU or UND) that wins ND in recruiting will often have the better future. Need to win in-state...

Is that still true today? I know it was during D2 years, but I'm thinking (with no real proof) that if we win AZ, Cal, Texas and other football states, we will have the better future.

Is that still true today? I know it was during D2 years, but I'm thinking (with no real proof) that if we win AZ, Cal, Texas and other football states, we will have the better future.

No. You win your home state and area then suppliment if needed from other areas. We need to focus on ND MN WI and IL then suppliment that with a few kids here and there from FL TX CA or other places.
  • Upvote 1

They also stated it looks like Cheatom is no longer on the team.  Hopefully that doesn't hurt the DL depth too much.

I'd say it does. We need someone to back up Hinojosa at NG. Looking at the roster, it doesn't look like there is anyone currently with the size to do that. Is Cieslak a DE or NG? I would think the staff is looking for a transfer of some sort at that position. 

I was reading an article lately and it focused on in-state recruits. For North Dakota, top recruits focus on either UND or NDSU. I thought it would be interesting to have a list of all the top ND recruits and where they are going. The team (NDSU or UND) that wins ND in recruiting will often have the better future. Need to win in-state...

There isn't the volume of players in-state for that to be true anymore.  Thats just simple math.  In the D2 days, sure.

I'd say the truism would be the school that wins ND/MN has the better future, but MN is not in-state.

Georges was in the Arizona program this past fall, but he quit in October.  So he used a year up but never got any game action.

I think I remember reading that Georges got hurt in 2014 preseason camp, and that when he was cleared to play he didn't really ever get a spot in the lineup. Apparently that made him decide to move on. I do know that the coaches were really excited to get him here.

Should be a nice weekend for recruiting weather-wise, the Ralph and Betty should be rocking with conference games in men's hockey and women's basketball, and the High Performance Center is coming along.... so that will be good to show off as a sign of what's to come.  :)

I hope you're right. Could be the biggest steal in this class.

Looks like Iwarri Smith will be here this weekend. If I was a betting man, I would bet he commits.

Looks like Iwarri Smith will be here this weekend. If I was a betting man, I would bet he commits.

I hope you're right, but what makes you think that?

I'll be very intrigued as to what role Smith would play if he comes here. He's such a dynamic athlete that maybe they'd consider giving him a shot at playing both ways?

I would say being Bubba is a defensive guy, Smith would get his first shot on D... Just a guess, who knows???

Definitely would be an intriguing returner as well.