SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Not too complicated; if Grady is one of the 5 best offensive linemen in fall camp, he'll play.

The sky is the limit for Grady, but one has to understand the jump he's making from ND 9-man to FCS football. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him redshirt.

You are correct the sky is the limit.  However the Big Sky is not the limit for sure.  His playing time in the Big Sky is going to be fun to watch.

The fact that UND had a couple of recruits( Grady and Bennett) pick UND over NDSU seems to have hit a nerve with a lot of Bison fans. They have had a lot of conversation at BV about that. They just can't imagine that could happen. There just has to be reasons to explain how that could possibly happen. When the dust settles they will be saying they had pulled their offer to them. Some of of them are basically trying to downplay the ability of Grady and the competition he played against. A couple are showing some respect for Grady though.

The fact that UND had a couple of recruits( Grady and Bennett) pick UND over NDSU seems to have hit a nerve with a lot of Bison fans. They have had a lot of conversation at BV about that. They just can't imagine that could happen. There just has to be reasons to explain how that could possibly happen. When the dust settles they will be saying they had pulled their offer to them. Some of of them are basically trying to downplay the ability of Grady and the competition he played against. A couple are showing some respect for Grady though.

You are correct the sky is the limit.  However the Big Sky is not the limit for sure.  His playing time in the Big Sky is going to be fun to watch.

And....Nodak78 has Grady in the NFL already.  Weird how different fan bases would have different perspectives about a young man before he has played a snap of college football.

That is kind of ironic because they are essentially saying their home state, that they proudly say is a primary recruiting area, has poor competition. I can't be the only one who sees the irony in this.

• Upvote 2

That is kind of ironic because they are essentially saying their home state, that they proudly say is a primary recruiting area, has poor competition. I can't be the only one who sees the irony in this.

9 man in ND is poor competition. ND in general is poor competition. There's just not enough kids. Plenty of good tough individuals though.

9 man in ND is poor competition. ND in general is poor competition. There's just not enough kids. Plenty of good tough individuals though.

Textbook definition of diamond in the rough when dealing with ND high school football. In general, the competition and product on the field is poor, but there's consistently a few kids every year that can play DI football. They just need to be spotted and then developed with a full-time strength and conditioning program.

And....Nodak78 has Grady in the NFL already.  Weird how different fan bases would have different perspectives about a young man before he has played a snap of college football.

No I don't.

Grady has all the tool to be a very tough match up for any of the teams in the Big Sky.  Grady may not even play next season.  But he will be fun to watch as other teams defense try to handle him.  I think Grady will plow a few holes for first downs.  Brady O will enjoy following for first downs.

I think what everybody is excited about with Grady is his physical attributes. We all know 9-man ND football isn't Ohio high school football. There will be a learining curve for Grady but we don't see physical abilities like his very often. Kliensasser was the last one (maybe only) to come through this University with this amount of potential.  

Didn't you hear?  It's a disaster of epic proportions to not have a signing from WI.  We are rubes to not understand the significance of this.   :silly:

Merz Grady Rooney and Williams all have the ability to play right away. It will just come down to them being ready. We also need to remember that Anderson Francis Miller Stockwell Bell Camy and Steiner will be playing. There are also a few others that will be fighting for time. So IF any OL gets their shirt pulled, look out, they are going to be something special.

geaux_sioux has proved to be the expert on o-line.

My humble opinion.......O-line is probably the hardest spot for a true freshman to come in and play (Besides QB maybe).  At this level, an o-lineman needs to be big enough, strong enough, tough enough, have the feet, and some of these aforementioned incoming freshman may have this.  But, then you also need to have technique, be assignment sharp, be able to gel with your linemates, and the intangible of being a gamer.  All those things considered it's tough for a true freshman to have all those 'qualities'.

I hope we can redshirt all the incoming guys because the upper classman are better and more developed.  But, if one is ready to play, let's play him.

I drilled the coaches the other night and we kind of know our starters at positions like the LBs, some or most of the secondary, D-line we have a pretty good idea.  But on the offensive line, their is a lot of uncertainty in a good way, meaning that we have some guys that are looking really good and developing nicely.  Coaches mentioned a handful of guys, but what positions and how it shakes out is totally up in the air.  The competition should only make the individuals and team better.

geaux_sioux has proved to be the expert on o-line.

My humble opinion.......O-line is probably the hardest spot for a true freshman to come in and play (Besides QB maybe).  At this level, an o-lineman needs to be big enough, strong enough, tough enough, have the feet, and some of these aforementioned incoming freshman may have this.  But, then you also need to have technique, be assignment sharp, be able to gel with your linemates, and the intangible of being a gamer.  All those things considered it's tough for a true freshman to have all those 'qualities'.

I hope we can redshirt all the incoming guys because the upper classman are better and more developed.  But, if one is ready to play, let's play him.

I drilled the coaches the other night and we kind of know our starters at positions like the LBs, some or most of the secondary, D-line we have a pretty good idea.  But on the offensive line, their is a lot of uncertainty in a good way, meaning that we have some guys that are looking really good and developing nicely.  Coaches mentioned a handful of guys, but what positions and how it shakes out is totally up in the air.  The competition should only make the individuals and team better.

Well said!!