SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

From Twitter: 

#Transfer Demun Mercer @Mac_Mun 4merly Texas State set to transfer to @UNDfootball

Should be a nice upgrade to the receiving corps. Offense is getting more and more explosive with skill position players. Now the focus goes on the offensive line and depth development (QB).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

From Twitter: 

#Transfer Demun Mercer @Mac_Mun 4merly Texas State set to transfer to @UNDfootball

Should be a nice upgrade to the receiving corps. Offense is getting more and more explosive with skill position players. Now the focus goes on the offensive line and depth development (QB).

He is eligible to play right away since its FBS to FCS correct?

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Does anyone know if Mercer is actually good? There's only his highschool film that I could find and that was pretty useless since he was playing qb. I guess we'll have to just assume he's good and trust the staff.

No clue.  Was a three-star recruit (QB with a little WR) out of the Houston Metro, and was just recently named the #42 Best College Football Player in all of Texas, albeit for a horse crap FBS team.

43 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Does anyone know if Mercer is actually good? There's only his highschool film that I could find and that was pretty useless since he was playing qb. I guess we'll have to just assume he's good and trust the staff.

We'll find out. Definitely helps increase competition at a very thin position group, so this was a necessary move. I like it.

2015 stats at Teaxs State: 19 catches, 235 yards, 2 touchdowns

He wasn't the top receiver, obviously. He may excel with more opportunities at UND. Remember Alex Tillman and even Clive Georges when healthy last season...

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I believe he had the inside track for one of the starting spots in the coming year for TSU.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Correct. 

A nice tro of Luke Stanley, Clive Georges, and now Demun Mercer for 2016. Of course, don't sleep on Alex Reed or some of the younger receivers. 

Based on what I heard if healthy Alex Reed would be expected to be the #1 guy based on Spring ball.

3 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Based on what I heard if healthy Alex Reed would be expected to be the #1 guy based on Spring ball.

It's hard to believe Clive would be #2 compared to Reed.......sure would like to see him healthy and find out.

Just now, gundy1124 said:

It's hard to believe Clive would be #2 compared to Reed.......sure would like to see him healthy and find out.

Can't remember exactly where I heard it, but a pretty good source.  I think it was about the middle of camp and was told "even if Seibel was healthy, Reed would be #1 if he can stay healthy".  But, your right that we will just have to find out :)  

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Not sure what the competition is like in Milwaukee's west metro but if you want to watch a fun hudl tape check out walk-on freshman LB commit Jake Rastas'. I can't wait to see this kid in a 2-3 years!

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1683908/5721cdb00dcb0d12f870a1bf

It's like he's invisible.  Nobody blocks him and qb's just toss the ball right to him.  Crazy

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Booted off team for university violation over winter.  

I didn't realize he got booted. Whatever he was a punter. There's a good stat. How many punters have ever been booted off a team? 

Just now, bang said:

I didn't realize he got booted. Whatever he was a punter. There's a good stat. How many punters have ever been booted off a team? 

I believe that was the second time he had to leave because of a violation. Kids was really good on the field, obviously not the brightest bulb off the field though.