SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

9 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

The signing show tomorrow sounds more impressive than years past.  This time tomorrow it will be hard to get some work done.

I generally don't plan on it.  The UND athletics dept. does a great job on signing day.  2nd to none.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Minot kid will have to make the team at a position other than QB. It will be very surprising if he stays at QB and even more surprising if he beats out Heidlebaugh.

I am not writing him off at QB before he steps on campus, though.

32 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I am not writing him off at QB before he steps on campus, though.

Absolutely. He deserves a shot at showing what he's got at the QB position. I'm just getting impatient with "half-assing" the QB position; it deserves considerable attention year in and year out, especially with how depth issues there hurt UND in 2015.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Absolutely. He deserves a shot at showing what he's got at the QB position. I'm just getting impatient with "half-assing" the QB position; it deserves considerable attention year in and year out, especially with how depth issues there hurt UND in 2015.

Maybe Feeney doesn't want to play baseball anymore and is a signing day suprise? Not happening but it would be nice.

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I hope we done get stuck on ground hog day.  Like Bill Murray, that would suck.

Not if UND Fan is in the Caribbean with a bunch of female models. That would be great for him. Of course most of us are stuck looking at our boss who resembles Punxsutawney Phil.Not so good for us. 

Not that anyone has to say who if they know or have a inkling, but does anyone think there will be a surpise signing tomorrow or nonsigning? Every so often we get that on signing day. Somebody who commits but doesn't sign or can't sign cause it turns out he doesn't qualify. Idowu was one in recent memory, he didn't sign until a few days later. A kid named Arin Smith DE out of California was a 3 star that never did show. Just wandering if somebody might be expecting or might be expecting something tomorrow. I don't need to know who just if you think something might happen, GF Hockey you can obstain from this conversation that would be great.  

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

The signing show tomorrow sounds more impressive than years past.  This time tomorrow it will be hard to get some work done.

Show and recruiting class - If the 2016 class holds together it has way more potential than previous classes. 

From last year's class Hanson the LB and the OL guy, both from Canada, both studs, flaked before signing day.  Then Merz was lost and the Grady Train derailed.  And the RB from UAB was a bust.  Still got a lot of production and potential going forward from last years class, but some heavy disappointments early.

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Show and recruiting class - If the 2016 class holds together it has way more potential than previous classes. 

From last year's class Hanson the LB and the OL guy, both from Canada, both studs, flaked before signing day.  Then Merz was lost and the Grady Train derailed.  And the RB from UAB was a bust.  Still got a lot of production and potential going forward from last years class, but some heavy disappointments early.

Hard to criticize the 2015 class too much with true freshmen starters Santiago and Tyus Carter starting every game. Also, nice contributions from Grady, Olivera, I. Smith, etc. The potential was definitely there with that 2015 class, but this 2016 class looks every bit as good or better. Should be exciting moving forward with these two classes from Bubba and staff

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, lets eat said:

Why all the hate?   He's a 3 time first team Allstate player that was voted by the coaches from ND as Senior player of the year. Was told he had a chance at Wyoming among others but chose UND.  Great kid   The crazys over at BV don't like their choice at QB either but are smart enough not to rip him before he even signs

Well said.  Good QB who comes from a very similar system to what he will be running in Grand Forks.  He is also very athletic.  If last years 4 game skid proved anything, this offense runs best with a very good athlete under center.  Not someone who can only throw the rock.  

1 hour ago, lets eat said:

Why all the hate?   He's a 3 time first team Allstate player that was voted by the coaches from ND as Senior player of the year. Was told he had a chance at Wyoming among others but chose UND.  Great kid   The crazys over at BV don't like their choice at QB either but are smart enough not to rip him before he even signs

I am not hating.  There is some emotion involved in having Studsrud go down last year and then take a skid that derailed our season from the play-offs.  Our QB position is a sensitive topic......... I have taken plenty of fire in the past, I should know.

This season with Keaton starting as a Jr. Heidlebaugh as a RFr., and experience with Bartles if needed we're in a better position this year and that gives us the luxury of redshirting Bolinski.  Opinions differ, but I think most are on board and willing to see what the kid has running the scout team this year.  Good Luck to the kid!!

• Upvote 1

Hey, on the bright side -- who is the latest native ND QB playing D1 football? How is he doing?

right now our depth chart looks something like this:

1. studs

2. Rugby Rifle

3. Bartels

4ish. Bolinske*

*if he signs and plays qb

anecdotal at best, but our depth chart is littered with potential Carsons:wink:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, lets eat said:

My calendar says "2016". History says you don't know what you have in a QB recruit until two years later. 

• Upvote 1