SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Would've been good to have him but not the end of the world. If we offered a PWO and NDSU offered money we'll lose every time. Not sure if that's the case but losing a PWO usually takes awhile to hurt. Unless of course his last name is Schobert. That hurts just to say the name. We should've had him. Anyway we've got some Moorhead players lately so it's just one of those things. Good luck to Kuntz hope he does well for himself. 

16 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

His dad was a hell of a Sioux football player. Maybe doesn't want to deal with the shadow! He's a nice kid and nice family, too bad!

The whole architecture thing didn't help at all.  Similar to how the Rabbits lost their commit to Yotes today.

4 minutes ago, bang said:

Would've been good to have him but not the end of the world. If we offered a PWO and NDSU offered money we'll lose every time. Not sure if that's the case but losing a PWO usually takes awhile to hurt. Unless of course his last name is Schobert. That hurts just to say the name. We should've had him. Anyway we've got some Moorhead players lately so it's just one of those things. Good luck to Kuntz hope he does well for himself. 

According to Bisonation, he is a PWO at NDSU also.

20 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

His dad was a hell of a Sioux football player. Maybe doesn't want to deal with the shadow! He's a nice kid and nice family, too bad!

I'm afraid this is simply a case of NDSU football being way more attractive than UND football. 

As I mentioned in a another thread earlier, all of North Dakota's top football talent view NDSU as the premier in-state designation relative to UND. It certainly makes Bubba's job harder, but I yet have confidence in his plan to move UND to the top of the Big Sky Conference.

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

According to Bisonation, he is a PWO at NDSU also.

If true that does hurt. Like I said UND has got some Moorhead kids lately so these things happen. Even I went to NDSU. If you've got an eye on construction/architecture for a career NDSU is a better fit. Might be the case here. 

1 minute ago, bang said:

If true that does hurt. Like I said UND has got some Moorhead kids lately so these things happen. Even I went to NDSU. If you've got an eye on construction/architecture for a career NDSU is a better fit. Might be the case here. 

I have no info, but Bisonation is usually pretty accurate. According to Dom Izzo, NDSU has very limited scholarship money available this year. They have 15 scholly commits and 12 PWO's. I think they may be saving one for Johannesson from South. It sounds like he may be thinking about transferring from the U of Minn.

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

I have no info, but Bisonation is usually pretty accurate. According to Dom Izzo, NDSU has very limited scholarship money available this year. They have 15 scholly commits and 12 PWO's. I think they may be saving one for Johannesson from South. It sounds like he may be thinking about transferring from the U of Minn.

Really? That's the first I heard about Johannesson. That would be a heck of a get NDSU. 

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Where have you heard this?

Just heard from a friend of the family that he may be thinking about it. The U went with another true freshman RB this year (Brooks) who is similar to Johannesson. The U of M staff may want him to play LB and he really wants to be a RB. Also, Kill and his OC aare no longer with the program. I don't expect anything to happen until after spring ball, if ever. I don't think it is even a 50/50 chance. There is a better chance he sticks it out with the U, but there is a chance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, bang said:

Really? That's the first I heard about Johannesson. That would be a heck of a get NDSU. 

Think it started from Johannesson tweeting he was headed to Fargo after the Gophers bowl game and he just meant he was going home for break but a lot of people read more into it than that. He and his high school coach came out and confirmed he wasn't transferring during break. The Gophers only have 5 RBs right now including him so I really doubt they move him to LB. The Gophers know what they have in the 2 very solid RBs who will be Sophs. next year and I would bet Johannesson along with another redshirt FR and a Juco get plenty of carries this spring trying to fill the big RB role.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Just heard from a friend of the family that he may be thinking about it. The U went with another true freshman RB this year (Brooks) who is similar to Johannesson. The U of M staff may want him to play LB and he really wants to be a RB. Also, Kill and his OC aare no longer with the program. I don't expect anything to happen until after spring ball, if ever. I don't think it is even a 50/50 chance. There is a better chance he sticks it out with the U, but there is a chance.

Brooks and Smith both split carries this year and I wouldn't say either one is real similar to Johannesson. Johannesson is a bigger back than both and will have a chance this spring to compete for the short yardage big back role as that player graduated this year.  

28 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Brooks and Smith both split carries this year and I wouldn't say either one is real similar to Johannesson. Johannesson is a bigger back than both and will have a chance this spring to compete for the short yardage big back role as that player graduated this year.  

They list Brooks 15 lbs lighter than JJ, but I don't think there is that much difference. He is a back that doesn't shy away from contact and will run over you like JJ will. I don't know how happy he will be if he is just a short yardage back behind 2 sophomores. Agian, I am not saying it is going to happen and I knew he wasn't going anywhere at semester break. i know he will be going through spring ball, but I don't think the Gopher staff sees a future for him at RB. Personally, I think he would make a hell of a LB. 

28 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

They list Brooks 15 lbs lighter than JJ, but I don't think there is that much difference. He is a back that doesn't shy away from contact and will run over you like JJ will. I don't know how happy he will be if he is just a short yardage back behind 2 sophomores. Agian, I am not saying it is going to happen and I knew he wasn't going anywhere at semester break. i know he will be going through spring ball, but I don't think the Gopher staff sees a future for him at RB. Personally, I think he would make a hell of a LB. 

I'm not sure i ever saw him play a single down on defense in his high school career.

44 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

THIS IS A UND BOARD!! So @&$#ing tired with everything turning to FU talk!   I could give a rats ass about this jj and brooks guy.  If they have no interest in und, then it shouldn't be on the UND RECRUITING POST!!! It's beginning to sound like were settling or ok with this crap.  I can't even go to sioux sports.com without constantly hearing about that   team.  Enough!!

We have 24 hrs left to hold unto on a great recruiting class.  I'm excited about UND FOOTBALL and excited about Bubba standing at the podium talking about this class.   I'm already ready for next year!!

In all fairness there is about as much talk on bison nation about UND football as there is NDSU football here. Not sure there is as many UND fans on bison nation as there is NDSU fans on here but I don't mind a few of them. 

Anyway, looks like Blount is going to Wisco. No scholly QB this year. Whats the chances the Minot kid can develop into a player?

4 minutes ago, bang said:

In all fairness there is about as much talk on bison nation about UND football as there is NDSU football here. Not sure there is as many UND fans on bison nation as there is NDSU fans on here but I don't mind a few of them. 

Anyway, looks like Blount is going to Wisco. No scholly QB this year. Whats the chances the Minot kid can develop into a player?

Minot kid will have to make the team at a position other than QB. It will be very surprising if he stays at QB and even more surprising if he beats out Heidlebaugh.

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Minot kid will have to make the team at a position other than QB. It will be very surprising if he stays at QB and even more surprising if he beats out Heidlebaugh.

That's what I was afraid of. kind of like a Hanson who is now at LB or the local kid from a few years back (can't remember his name) who played TE.