SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Rivals has him as a solid verbal to UNLV. Is there a reason we would offer him? Did all of those FBS schools back off or something?

I just checked the UNLV FB message board and they still have him as a solid verbal as of last Saturday.  I have no idea why 247 Sports added our offer this afternoon.  Interestingly, in going back to the 247 site now, Smith is no longer listed as a UND prospect.  I will remove him from Wiki.

As most of you know, Kurt Palandech is a backup QB at UNLV.  There were various comments that he has problems throwing downfield so he likely won't be in the mix for the starting job next year. 

I think you are blending apples and oranges.  We just had an offensive tackle that is no longer on the team.  He and his Dad took it as men in a real world where performance matters.......and when you play college football, performance on the field matters.  The coaches have tough calls to make every day, and the team's performance dictates their careers.  Each player decision takes on a world of it's own.  Next time you want the coaching staff to keep all players throughout their careers regardless of performance go out and hire someone to work for you on a 4-5 year commitment and tell them it's guaranteed, or is that not reality.  If you want to prepare these young men for the future, then let's be real about it.

Cloyd and Allen can be our Gronk and Hernandez ..... minus the felon ....... hopefully

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Boooo. This is worse than Monday Night Football with Dennis Miller. 

Naw. When Miller was on MNF I needed a thesaurus (for his vocabulary) and Wikipedia (to get all his references and inferences). Here you just need to know how to make a good hot dog. :D