SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

The SEC and Big 12 are on the verge of prohibiting FCS scheduling.  A guarantee game against North Texas or Wyoming makes much more sense than against NDSU.

A guarantee game vs Lamar, Wofford, or Towson makes more sense than one vs Northern IL or Georgia Southern if your objective is to win.  Both count the same toward bowl eligibility.  Only the B1G has a soft policy against FCS games, SEC and P12 do not have policies about scheduling FCS.  Yes, no one wants to play an ndsu team ranked in 35 range.  No one would schedule a G5 ranked that high either.  Bad example.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Seven FBS or FBS desiring schools would have to be invited to WAC. Always said a conference needs eight FBS full members , but bizon trolls never seem to get it.  The WAC can bestow an FCS member FBS privileges according to the NCAA. 

One FBS and seven FCS members can become an FBS conference, but only in the WAC

And only if NCAA and P5 school approve.  This one doesn't pass the smell test, this one gets a thumbs down by both.

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The correct answer is WAC member, and trying to keep its FBS status, New Mexico State. Think he might know a few more things about NMSU and the WAC than the rest of us?

So the correct answer is he knows nothing about how to produce a sucessful FBS program?

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

If SV is always wrong why all the concern with his predictions?

Its not a concern. Its amusing and more of a --what whopper will he come up with next while he deflects, chucks and jives to get out from under his past predictions. Hence the supposed upcoming rule changes that the NCAA was going to make---etc etc etc. :)

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

Its not a concern. Its amusing and more of a --what whopper will he come up with next while he deflects, chucks and jives to get out from under his past predictions. Hence the supposed upcoming rule changes that the NCAA was going to make---etc etc etc. :)

No, you guys seem pretty concerned with it.  A lot of time and effort spent on the subject for a fanbase that has nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

While I don't believe most of SV's predictions will be coming to fruition anytime soon (5+ years), I do find the concern it causes the resident bison fans to be amusing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

While I don't believe most of SV's predictions will be coming to fruition anytime soon (5+ years), I do find the concern it causes the resident bison fans to be amusing.

They write him (SV) off as a sham and a snake-oil huckster, but they give him a dedicated audience that even Rush Limbaugh or NPR Morning Edition would be jealous of. 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, SiouxVolley said:

This coming week, Idaho's Staben will make a statement and a plea....

...USD even will state they are interested....

Down the road, NDSU and SDSU will have to join, as they didn't get MVC invites....

I have read the questions about why would some of the NDSU fans be so interested in what SiouxVolley has written.  I also note that SiouxValley tends to lump SDSU and NDSU together ( :( If my Jackrabbits could get a national title, being associated with the Bison might not be too bad??)   I want to make a distinction that when I questioned SiouxVolley prediction made May 7, I did so because (1) it was presented as fact, supported by actual facts (compared to just idle message board speculation).; and (2) it made references to both USD and SDSU, two schools I attended.  I am a relatively infrequent visitor to this board so I admit I do not have the benefit of watching the day-to-day goings on by reading every post.  When I signed on May 7 and saw the statement of fact "This coming week, Idaho's Staben will make a statement and a plea...." I wondered what SiouxVolley knew about USD and SDSU etc.  I see now that SiouxVolley was engaging in message board speculation -- he presented his speculation as though it was fact based.  I get it:  Discount what SiouxValley writes. )

15 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

It probably has more to do with how he attacks those who disagree with him.   If his nickname was BisonVolley he would be banned for his immature name calling and attacks. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, JackJD said:

I was interested in SiouxVolley prediction made May 6 because (1) it was presented as fact, supported by actual facts (compared to just idle message board speculation).; and (2) it made references to both USD and SDSU, the two schools I attended.  I am a relatively infrequent visitor to this board so I admit I do not have the benefit of watching the day-to-day goings on by reading every post.  When I signed on May 6 and saw the statement of fact "This coming week, Idaho's Staben will make a statement and a plea...." I wondered what SiouxVolley knew about USD and SDSU etc.  I see now that SiouxVolley was engaging in message board speculation -- he presented his speculation as though it was fact based.  I get it:  Discount what SiouxValley writes.

Pretty much sums up this entire thread!!:D

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Pretty much sums up this entire thread!!:D

I did some editing on my prior post and then went back to the board to read the comments of Southpaw and Siouxperfan.  I think I have the picture now.

I think SiouxValley's view that there are still a lot of changes possible in FCS and FBS is a solid point. Speculating on where the heck it may all end up may be entertaining to some. I have a very hard time believing there is any measurable support at SDSU or USD for the version of the future predicted by SiouxVolley. 

I know it may not be a popular opinion with many posters on this board but I would not be opposed to UND being in the Summit and MVFC with SDSU.  There was a time when I would have questioned that due to the nastiness of having UND and NDSU in the same conference once again but it just makes sense to me to have a close DI school in the same conference.  When I was in undergrad at SDSU, UND was a perennial leader in many sports in the NCC as well as being recognized as a top -- perhaps THE top -- NCC school in academics.   

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JackJD said:

I did some editing on my prior post and then went back to the board to read the comments of Southpaw and Siouxperfan.  I think I have the picture now.

I think SiouxValley's view that there are still a lot of changes possible in FCS and FBS is a solid point. Speculating on where the heck it may all end up may be entertaining to some. I have a very hard time believing there is any measurable support at SDSU or USD for the version of the future predicted by SiouxVolley. 

I know it may not be a popular opinion with many posters on this board but I would not be opposed to UND being in the Summit and MVFC with SDSU.  There was a time when I would have questioned that due to the nastiness of having UND and NDSU in the same conference once again but it just makes sense to me to have a close DI school in the same conference.  When I was in undergrad at SDSU, UND was a perennial leader in many sports in the NCC as well as being recognized as a top -- perhaps THE top -- NCC school in academics.   

usd was called out on that wac is still a fbs conference....not sdsu

31 minutes ago, JackJD said:

I know it may not be a popular opinion with many posters on this board but I would not be opposed to UND being in the Summit and MVFC with SDSU.

Even as someone who is a fan of the Big Sky and not particularly fond of the Summit/MVFC leadership, I have no problem stating that this has a better chance of happening than UND moving up to FBS and/or joining the WAC and it probably isn't all that close. The only thing that would change that would be a seismic shift by the P5 causing mass chaos among conferences. If that happens, all bets are off, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see the 4 Dakota schools reunited somewhere under those circumstances. However, the P5 currently seem to be fine with having their cake and eating it too.

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Even as someone who is a fan of the Big Sky and not particularly fond of the Summit/MVFC leadership, I have no problem stating that this has a better chance of happening than UND moving up to FBS and/or joining the WAC and it probably isn't all that close. The only thing that would change that would be a seismic shift by the P5 causing mass chaos among conferences. If that happens, all bets are off, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see the 4 Dakota schools reunited somewhere under those circumstances. However, the P5 currently seem to be fine with having their cake and eating it too.

I would...if and when the shift/split happens I would guess that 2 out of the 4 move on and up and the other two sit around in their varsity jackets talking about the good old days...

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I find the fact you think we are concerned to be amusing.:D

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Your constant monitoring of Sioux Sports is what's really amusing. 

Whats your definition of constant? :silly:

Another amusing fact is the amount of members here who relay information on whats been posted on BV.  Oh here comes that concern thing again. LOL

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

usd was called out on that wac is still a fbs conference....not sdsu

USD was called on the speculative document written by a consultant.

Oh, I disagree with you that only two will move on. I expect it to be three, the two who have been successful in transition (SDSU/NDSU) and the one who seems to be working hard to upgrade and improve (USD). I full well expect UND will continue putting all their dollars into Men's and Women's Hockey leaving their other sports to suffer the fate of being average forever.

By the way, has Idaho had their press conference yet? Wasn't it last week that they were to come out and state they made a mistake in accepting the BSC spot?

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, jacksfan29 said:

Oh, I disagree with you that only two will move on. I expect it to be three, the two who have been successful in transition (SDSU/NDSU) and the one who seems to be working hard to upgrade and improve (USD). I full well expect UND will continue putting all their dollars into Men's and Women's Hockey leaving their other sports to suffer the fate of being average forever.

large.jpg

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, jacksfan29 said:

USD was called on the speculative document written by a consultant.

Oh, I disagree with you that only two will move on. I expect it to be three, the two who have been successful in transition (SDSU/NDSU) and the one who seems to be working hard to upgrade and improve (USD). I full well expect UND will continue putting all their dollars into Men's and Women's Hockeyer. leaving their other sports to suffer the fate of being average forev

By the way, has Idaho had their press conference yet? Wasn't it last week that they were to come out and state they made a mistake in accepting the BSC spot?

hey fightingsiouxforlife what are the winning percentages of und against the other Dakota 3 since they started playing each other?