SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

I do feel badly for his players - especially the seniors - if this is true, which I'm starting to believe it is. This could also have a HUGE impact on NDSU recruiting. You don't think Bohl will be trying to get Eason Stick with him to Wyoming? This offseason in the Dakotas just got a heck of a lot more interesting.....

When he takes a majority of his staff with him it will have an affect on recruiting.

This one's for CAS - no mention of Bohl in the Casper Star-Tribune newspaper story...

Thanks, this is all kinda interesting.

I will also say, homerly, that NDSU FB will be just fine. We went through Morton and Solomonson in the 80's when I played and won Natty's.

Also, peeps are now saying that there is a team meeting for NDSU FB team tomorrow and that that is out of norm. It's not.

I do feel badly for his players - especially the seniors - if this is true, which I'm starting to believe it is. This could also have a HUGE impact on NDSU recruiting. You don't think Bohl will be trying to get Eason Stick with him to Wyoming? This offseason in the Dakotas just got a heck of a lot more interesting.....

I thought you couldn't recruit kids that had committed to your previous school unless your new school was already recruiting them or something like that.

When he takes a majority of his staff with him it will have an affect on recruiting.

He'll take his staff with the assistants raises promised at UW.

Gotta remember, Nebraska has a history of taking Wyoming coaches. I see a move out east in a few short years. Maybe sooner if Pelini doesn't survive this next year. Whatever UW pays, the Nebraska alumni would easily pick up the buyout.

I thought you couldn't recruit kids that had committed to your previous school unless your new school was already recruiting them or something like that.

Nope. Some schools might try to include that in a coach's contract, but the lawyers say it's unenforceable. It was part of a Forum story on Bohl's contract negotiation.

And another belly laugh!! Thanks. Perfect medicine at the right time!!

U guys are fun!!

We accept and appreciate outside views and opinions, even ones we may vehemently disagree with.

That other crew you hang with ... eh, not so much.

Jussayin'. ;)

If true that Bohl is leaving, he can not take anyone with him until after the season. That said, hope players and fans accept the adversity and carry on to 3-peat.

Still not believing it is true. Not because I am an NDSU alum, but because of the way this is going down.

Could be wrong--we'll see.

Kinda fun in a sadistic way!! But that's just me!!

Thanks for letting me post when BV is down BTW-->lots of good info here too!!

Bohl's contract means nothing, but the assistants' contracts are tight? Makes sense.

What is this I read about the University of Agriculture and Applied Science fans believing that Wyoming is going to the Big 12 and that's why Bohl is coaching the Cowboys?

Jeez. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life. Especially in Fargo.

• Upvote 2

Nope. Some schools might try to include that in a coach's contract, but the lawyers say it's unenforceable. It was part of a Forum story on Bohl's contract negotiation.

Rayla Allison, a University of Minnesota professor and chief executive officer of the school’s Sport Business Institute, said the payout provisions in Bohl’s contract – requiring him to pay the school more if he jumps to a bigger football program – are uncommon. It’s far more common to require coaches to pay damages for moving to a team within the same conference, she said.

The Forum requested head football coach contracts from the nine other top-ranked FCS teams. None of the coaches at the four schools who responded to the request – the University of Montana, Montana State University, Towson University and Sam Houston State University – had provisions similar to Bohl’s payout structure in their contracts.

Allison said the one-year recruiting ban in Bohl’s contract is not just unusual but likely unenforceable. It bars Bohl from contacting current or potential Bison recruits for a year, unless Bohl’s new team contacted the player before Bohl left NDSU or the recruit initiated a possible move to Bohl’s new squad.

No surprise AC players blindsided. Bohl has always been about Bohl first. he is an arrogant jerk but he is a good coach.Wouldn't be surprised if Taylor didn't know but wouldn't believe him either way. I would think Vigen might be next guy. That would be his dream job. Good recruiter and good oc. Minimizes their turmoil. Course if they listen to some of our fans they would say he is too young and hasn't been a hc.

Fargo was a good fit for Bohl. The city embraced him and stroked his ego. His was THEE game in town. If not for that University up north with a hockey program the entirety of ND would have been his.

Now he'll get that same Fargo treatment but in Cheyenne, Laramie, Casper, Cody, et al.

Wyoming will be his, and his alone.

Wonder how Ryan feels about this ... and her son ... and her son's father ... then again, $1M sugar-daddy ain't bad, assuming ...