SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

I don't think the Forum or KFGO would run with this if they weren't sure it was true. Imagine how much egg they would have on their faces if it turns out to be a hoax. CBS isn't "The Onion".

Notice how the places you mention are handling it? They are both putting right in the title that this is from a CBS report. That's covering their asses in case it turns out to be false.

That being said, I agree with jdub27 that the silence from Bohl is telling. Also, a BVer checked into publicly available flight records and there's a flight scheduled tomorrow morning for Fargo to Cheyenne. Put it together and he's probably(almost certainly) gone.

If true this is crappy timing, and the players seem blindsided.

Yup.

It's as if Bohl took his players to an alley and beat them into unconsciousness. Then pulled his pants down and waived his junk at them. Then forged their signatures on a document. Then went to Best Buy and stole their iPads....

Notice how the places you mention are handling it? They are both putting right in the title that this is from a CBS report. That's covering their asses in case it turns out to be false.

That being said, I agree with jdub27 that the silence from Bohl is telling. Also, a BVer checked into publicly available flight records and there's a flight scheduled tomorrow morning for Fargo to Cheyenne. Put it together and he's probably(almost certainly) gone.

Even so, putting a story on their web sites from a source that turns out to be false would damage their integrity, no matter how much CYA language they put in. And CBS Sports likely wouldn't risk doing what they are doing if they weren't 100% sure. I imagine that whomever the "source" is wants to remain anonymous because they aren't authorized to leak the info before Sunday's official announcement. That is how a lot of breaking news stories happen, both in sports and elsewhere.

Wow I'd like to see how that breaks down...I mean really over $1 million in total comp on a $190k salary is a lot. Makes the move more understandable though.

That total compensation usually includes things like football camps, getting paid for coaches shows, country club memberships, etc. in addition to bonuses. Most of the additional money normally comes from sources other than direct University funds.

Yup.

It's as if Bohl took his players to an alley and beat them into unconsciousness. Then pulled his pants down and waived his junk at them. Then forged their signatures on a document. Then went to Best Buy and stole their iPads....

Is this really necessary??!!

• Upvote 1

Hammer Which coaches go with?

No clue. I'm not connected in any way and just as blindsided as anyone. I'm guessing at least one coordinator will stay and get the HC job. Would be surprised if he didn't take at least a couple assistants; probably the ones we'd hate to lose the most.

That total compensation usually includes things like football camps, getting paid for coaches shows, country club memberships, etc. in addition to bonuses. Most of the additional money normally comes from sources other than direct University funds.

I know, just the fact that it was 5x his base salary kind of stunned me, maybe that's more normal than I think.