SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

No clue. I'm not connected in any way and just as blindsided as anyone. I'm guessing at least one coordinator will stay and get the HC job. Would be surprised if he didn't take at least a couple assistants; probably the ones we'd hate to lose the most.

If true that Bohl is leaving, he can not take anyone with him until after the season. That said, hope players and fans accept the adversity and carry on to 3-peat.

Still not believing it is true. Not because I am an NDSU alum, but because of the way this is going down.

Could be wrong--we'll see.

Kinda fun in a sadistic way!! But that's just me!!

Thanks for letting me post when BV is down BTW-->lots of good info here too!!

If true that Bohl is leaving, he can not take anyone with him until after the season. That said, hope players and fans accept the adversity and carry on to 3-peat.

Still not believing it is true. Not because I am an NDSU alum, but because of the way this is going down.

Could be wrong--we'll see.

Kinda fun in a sadistic way!! But that's just me!!

Thanks for letting me post when BV is down BTW-->lots of good info here too!!

The only apprehension I have is hearing he hasn't told his players, that doesn't seem like his style...hell these guys have won him two nattys. Seems wierd.

Rule? Don't know.

Gentlemen's agreement amongst ADs? Again, don't know.

Now if Bohl approached them ... there's nothing to stop that I guess.

I don't know. But this is some theatre.

Too bad. People should be talking about the amazing halftime adjustments by NDSU today ...

... and who's next to coach UND. ;)

Honestly I've always had reservations about Bohl. He always says the right things and looks sincere but for some reason I always smelt something phony. In a way I'm not surprised. It's not quite as bad as tommy tubervile leaving a recruit and his family at a restaurant to go coach Cincinnati.

I do feel badly for his players - especially the seniors - if this is true, which I'm starting to believe it is. This could also have a HUGE impact on NDSU recruiting. You don't think Bohl will be trying to get Eason Stick with him to Wyoming? This offseason in the Dakotas just got a heck of a lot more interesting.....

This one's for CAS - no mention of Bohl in the Casper Star-Tribune newspaper story...

According to a statement released Saturday shortly after 2 p.m., the University of Wyoming athletics department will make a "major announcement" at a press conference scheduled for 5 p.m. Sunday.

All signs point to UW athletics director Tom Burman unveiling the Cowboys' new football coach at the press conference.

Following Wyoming's season-ending 35-7 loss to Utah State on Nov. 30, Burman announced that Dave Christensen would not be retained as head coach after five years on the sideline.

Former UW defensive coordinator and current Illinois State head coach Brock Spack was in Laramie on Saturday morning and is expected to be a finalist for the job, along with former California coach Jeff Tedford; former UW player and assistant coach Ted Gilmore, currently the receivers coach with the Oakland Raiders; and Sam Houston State coach Willie Fritz.

Sunday's press conference will be held at Wildcatter Stadium Club & Suites and is open to the public.

similar to the UND volleyball team flying to Fargo from Portland.

Yah, and that is an entire team flying to save money in their budget. This is your new head coach and he has to fly into a different town on a puddle jumper? Says alot about Laramie.

• Upvote 1

That plane is a single-turbo prop. That could land in my back yard.

Why not Laramie?

I'm going to be skeptical until it's real. (But, I'm leaning that it will turn out that way.)

Maybe they're trying to be sneaky too, like that ever works.

That plane is a single-turbo prop. That could land in my back yard.

Why not Laramie?

I'm going to be skeptical until it's real. (But, I'm leaning that it will turn out that way.)

Could it have been an attempt at obfuscation? File a flight plan for Cheyenne and then change it at that last minute or even while in the air? No one would have thought twice about it if not for the leak.