SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

Considering what Bohl has built and accomplished in Fargo, this seems like a lateral move at best. Perhaps he feels he has a better shot at landing BCS job if he spends some time at an FBS school? I'm sure he receiving a hefty pay increase, but seriously, Wyoming?

A lateral move? War Memorial Stadium seats almost 30,000 fans and Wyoming is an FBS program. Bohl could have stayed in Fargo forever or move on up to the next challenge. It appears he is ready for something else.

Trying to confirm. So far, everything leads back to a single source: the CBS reporter Bruce Feldman. It's probably real, but they want a second source before publishing.

I just figured we'd see something like "Report: Bohl to Wyoming" which cited the story already on multiple outlets.

EDIT: It's now on the Forum site: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/420539/

A lateral move? War Memorial Stadium seats almost 30,000 fans and Wyoming is an FBS program. Bohl could have stayed in Fargo forever or move on up to the next challenge. It appears he is ready for something else.

He'll make over $1,000,000.....vs. $200,000.

Definitely not a lateral move.

Brock Jensen tweet: 'Please say this is a joke'.

He would tell the players right?

Hallstrom and Izzo saying if true he won't coach through the playoffs.....

That's tweets now from the two best players on his team. Izzo keeps adding the "if true" in his tweets. McFeely has added a little "Wyoming looking at a move to the Big XII" angle. http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/breaking-report-says-bohl-takes-wyoming-job/

???

All players are surprised. NDSU faithful don't believe it - they believe CBS source is mistaken. However, Bohl not commenting when asked directly by McFeely is quite telling.

Anyway you look at it, this is good for UND and bad for NDSU. NDSU being in the middle of a playoff run makes this especially troubling for NDSU.

Doesn't sound like the players knew this was coming. Christianson's base salary was $190k, I'm sure Bohl will get more than that, probably hoping for one more stepping stone into a very good job.

And with bonuses was $1.2M. McFeely wrote CB with bonuses was about $330K. That's significant.

http://kfgo.com/news...new-head-coach/

And now KFGO has it on their web site. Three media sources; I think it's legit.

Again, everything goes back to the CBS report. There aren't three media sources, just one story being repeated. Looks like Izzo, Kolpack and the others couldn't get anyone on the record and are going with it anyway. Maybe they got off the record confirmation from someone..

And Bisonville has crashed. Hope NDSU had solid contract in place to prevent taking assistants during season. Kliemen would be great HC. Oh, Bohl makes upwards of $500k, with base in $$250k range from what I understand. This will be interesting. I won't believe it til it is official. If it is, I can't believe Bohl would not have told his players.

Again, everything goes back to the CBS report. There aren't three media sources, just one story being repeated. Looks like Izzo, Kolpack and the others couldn't get anyone on the record and are going with it anyway. Maybe they got off the record confirmation from someone..

I don't think the Forum or KFGO would run with this if they weren't sure it was true. Imagine how much egg they would have on their faces if it turns out to be a hoax. CBS isn't "The Onion".

Somewhat agree but if Bohl is saying no comment instead of denying it when directly asked is pretty telling.

And Bisonville has crashed. Hope NDSU had solid contract in place to prevent taking assistants during season. Kliemen would be great HC. Oh, Bohl makes upwards of $500k, with base in $$250k range from what I understand. This will be interesting. I won't believe it til it is official. If it is, I can't believe Bohl would not have told his players.

If true this is crappy timing, and the players seem blindsided.