SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

Ya gotta wonder why a guy with no hc experience and that young is a viable candidate for the best fcs team in the country but those are reasons we wouldn't want him here. Just wondering.

Is UND after an experienced OC with 2 rings on his finger?

Would love if UND can get good enough in football to have FBS schools stealing their coach. Am glad the hockey program here is considered a destination, not a stopping off point. Of course if coaching salaries in college hockey become as crazy as they are in FBS football, that could change. Just didn't expect Bohl would take a job at Wyoming, a team NDSU beat not too long ago.

GT will likely promote from within, won't he? So why would this have an impact on UND's decision? Brooks Bollinger would not be interested in the NDSU job, would he? Do you think Pflugrad will pull his name out thinking he wants the Bison job instead?

On the other hand, the sooner Faison makes his decision, the better.

GT will likely promote from within, won't he? So why would this have an impact on UND's decision? Brooks Bollinger would not be interested in the NDSU job, would he? Do you think Pflugrad will pull his name out thinking he wants the Bison job instead?

On the other hand, the sooner Faison makes his decision, the better.

It's your last sentence. Why can't UND steal some ND FB thunder at this time?!?!

Would love if UND can get good enough in football to have FBS schools stealing their coach. Am glad the hockey program here is considered a destination, not a stopping off point. Of course if coaching salaries in college hockey become as crazy as they are in FBS football, that could change. Just didn't expect Bohl would take a job at Wyoming, a team NDSU beat not too long ago.

16-13 Wyoming won. NDSU didn't beat them. That was Joe Glenn's last year at UW.

But, point taken. UW is not a destination point for many coaches. I doubt that Bohl is thinking of retiring in Laramie.

From a Wyoming source...

Scott Nulph ‏@ScottNulph 2m

RT @Jimrosehuskers: Bohl's deal at Wyo is easily 1.5-2M per. He negotiated private aircraft and asst staff salaries that dwarf predecessor

GT in text to Craig..."OMG...WTF!"

From a Wyoming source...

Scott Nulph ‏@ScottNulph 2m

RT @Jimrosehuskers: Bohl's deal at Wyo is easily 1.5-2M per. He negotiated private aircraft and asst staff salaries that dwarf predecessor

Excellent.

UW needs to put up or shut up in the MWC. With CSU building that new stadium, Boise State and SDSU (San Diego, folks) staying, winning a conference title isn't as easy as it was in the days of Sonny Lubick.

Private plane? That's a good idea. Joe Glenn was once asked how to recruit players for UW. He said to bring them in when it was dark and get them out before the sun came out!

Personally, I like Laramie, but for someone from the suburbs or a city, it looks pretty desolate from the edge of town...

Whoever gets the NDSU job is going to have a lot of pressure on them. Of course they also have a lot of resources and recruiting advantage that other programs don't have right now. I think the great senior class of NDSU has made Bohl look good too, and the dominance most certainly wouldn't have been the same next year, regardless. NDSU fans have been spoiled, and if their expectations are too high for the new guy, they could put a lot of pressure on him after a few years of even moderate success.

my only fear is that bohl takes all his good assistants and that pflu was faisons top choice all along and ndsu comes in and outbids us and we have to scramble for our replacements replacement??

Makes things kinda interesting, doesn't it.

Actually, there are all sorts of interesting complexities relative to what has "happened" tonight.

Sun still rises in morning tho, right?!

Whoever gets the NDSU job is going to have a lot of pressure on them. Of course they also have a lot of resources and recruiting advantage that other programs don't have right now. I think the great senior class of NDSU has made Bohl look good too, and the dominance most certainly wouldn't have been the same next year, regardless. NDSU fans have been spoiled, and if their expectations are too high for the new guy, they could put a lot of pressure on him after a few years of even moderate success.

and this is probably why Bohl chose to leave now.

Well,

Of course there will be pressure and expectations. Any coach who shies away from that epitomizes the pussification of America.

Good god!!

Makes things kinda interesting, doesn't it.

Actually, there are all sorts of interesting complexities relative to what has "happened" tonight.

Sun still rises in morning tho, right?!

So what's your gut feeling CAS...Vigen? I would think Kliemann would be gone?

16-13 Wyoming won. NDSU didn't beat them. That was Joe Glenn's last year at UW.

But, point taken. UW is not a destination point for many coaches. I doubt that Bohl is thinking of retiring in Laramie.

My bad, was thinking the Colorado State win was Wyoming. Of course Gene Taylor was so happy with that win that he made it known to the President of NDSU that nobody would be suspending any players.

and this is probably why Bohl chose to leave now.

I would imagine the impending graduation (well, loss of eligibility) for his many seniors that have carried the FCS team to these championships probably has a lot to do with it also. Honestly, this AAS team may be the best FCS football team ever. You can only go downhill from that.