SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Playoffs

Matt

That's right, Hakstol has run into a hot goalie in the playoffs in every one of this 11? years. Maybe he should recruit a hot goalie.......

I'm sure Hak would tell you differently, but eventually in 11 years, you end up with some of the good bounces and not all of the bad ones.

The disappointed face in my previous post was made at the "hot goalie" excuse. You can go ahead and un-bunch your panties now.

That's right, Hakstol has run into a hot goalie in the playoffs in every one of this 11? years. Maybe he should recruit a hot goalie.......

I'm sure Hak would tell you differently, but eventually in 11 years, you end up with some of the good bounces and not all of the bad ones.

So, what time does the NDSU hockey team play tonight?

So, what time does the NDSU hockey team play tonight?

We stay out of sports created for trust-fund babies not athletic enough to play football.

Would give them a chance to even the overall series which currently sits at 1-0 in favor of UND.

Y'all got a real infatuation with overall series records...hows that Gophers series going for ya's?

Y'all got a real infatuation with UND.

What's your prediction on yardage and points put up by NAU on a vaunted MVFC defense this afternoon?

I have an infatuation with college football.

On your second point...no idea. SDSU is a tough team to figure out. IF I had to guess, I'd pick the rabbits by a TD.

in all seriousness - Blais once said they should change the name of the game to Goalie because that is really what matters. I'm sure Hak would love to have a hot goalie in the playoffs

The Big Sky is getting a little love on the Sam Houston/ So. Utah broadcast. The announcers said the Big Sky is the best overall conference in FCS football.

It's a one team league. Top heavy. No depth. Lack of good teams. No defense. Too much offense. No TOP. Soft. Not tough enough. The big fluff. One trick pony. No running game. Chuck and duck. Air raid offense.

It's a one team league. Top heavy. No depth. Lack of good teams. No defense. Too much offense. No TOP. Soft. Not tough enough. The big fluff. One trick pony. No running game. Chuck and duck. Air raid offense.

That's why this level of football is great. We'll find out for sure once the playoffs get a few rounds in. No need to have these conversations, it will be decided on the field.

• Upvote 1

That's why this level of football is great. We'll find out for sure once the playoffs get a few rounds in. No need to have these conversations, it will be decided on the field.

no need to have these conversations? thats dumb. its fun to discuss it. right now i would say 1. CAA 2. MVC 3. Big Sky

• Upvote 1

NAU is fucking terrible. Probably the worst team I've seen all year. They were literally scared in the second half. If Sumner even plays an average game State wins by 50. What a terrible representation of your league.

I'm embarrassed the game was that close in the first half.

EWU D is not good, you might go in there and get another one.

If Sumner even plays an average game State wins by 50.

What is average for Sumner? From what I've seen of him, which is not a large sample size, he is not very good.

He will be this team's undoing at some point in the playoffs.

The jacks may be able to hold ewu below their season average for scoring by limiting possessions, but even that will still require Sumner to make plays for the jacks to win. Ewu will do to them what the huskers did. Zenner will get yards, but they will be playing from behind which will put it in Sumner's hands.

Here's the jacks' problem;

Sumner isn't good enough to make enough of those plays

Sumner will throw it to the other team

Both of these things will result in the jacks losing, but turning in a respectable showing.

NAU is fucking terrible. Probably the worst team I've seen all year. They were literally scared in the second half. If Sumner even plays an average game State wins by 50. What a terrible representation of your league.

Your team only beating UND by seven points is embarrassing. What a terrible representation of your league.

• Upvote 2

Hitting the sauce a little hard during the game or what? I was only able to watch the first half so I have no clue why NAU came apart in the second half. Has Sumner played an average game this year? The games I've seen of his seem to all be not real great, which makes me think that his "average" isn't all that good. We heard how he was going to come in and carve up UND's defense at the beginning of the year and when the coach's put the ball in his hands, it almost cost SDSU the game.