SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Playoffs

Matt

They completely dominated you in everyway but the score. 35-14 going into the 4th quarter and they tried to mail it in. UNI is the second best before injuries killed them. UNI beat McNeese 41-7 and Iowa State. SDSU will beat NAU by 2 scores this weekend.

UND put up more yards than every MVFC team did on SDSU (and outgained SDSU for the game) and more points in regulation than all but one.

I'll give you the TOP battle (significantly) and turnovers (3-0). And they won by 7.

They completely dominated you in everyway but the score. 35-14 going into the 4th quarter and they tried to mail it in. UNI is the second best before injuries killed them. UNI beat McNeese 41-7 and Iowa State. SDSU will beat NAU by 2 scores this weekend.

Always a sign of a quality team. Dominating in every way but the one that matters.

ps-Youngstown is s**t, and so is uni (and so is Iowa State).

So aside from FU, SDSU is apparently the best that the MVFC has to offer? The Jackbunnies had their pants full with us and that ain't sayin much. Tough league my arse.................

So aside from EWU, Montana is apparently the best that the Big Sky has to offer? The Grizzcubs had their pants full with the Yotes and that aint sayin much. Tough league my arse.............

Two flukey TD's in the fourth.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=333130233

So aside from EWU, Montana is apparently the best that the Big Sky has to offer? The Grizzcubs had their pants full with the Yotes and that aint sayin much. Tough league my arse.............

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=333130233

Here is the difference: Big Sky fans don't constantly tout their conference as "tough". The Big Sky is what it is and we know it.

Now if the MVC fans could figure out how good their conference really is.....

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=333130233

So USD is no good, but lost by 7 to UNI and 4 to Youngstown, the two MVFC that were supposedly left out? I'm confused.

So USD is no good, but lost by 7 to UNI and 4 to Youngstown, the two MVFC that were supposedly left out? I'm confused.

USD is pretty good. They showed that against some solid teams. They couldn't get over the mental hurdle against NDSU and it snowballed on them. The question is how much better are they than what they showed against NDSU and were the games against UNI and YSU flukes?

USD is pretty good. They showed that against some solid teams. They couldn't get over the mental hurdle against NDSU and it snowballed on them. The question is how much better are they than what they showed against NDSU and were the games against UNI and YSU flukes?

I don't disagree at all. Just find it amusing when it when they lose a close game to Montana in Vermillion, which is a tough place to play, USD is all of the sudden bad team even though they had close games with the MVFC teams that were supposedly left out.

I don't disagree at all. Just find it amusing when it when they lose a close game to Montana in Vermillion, which is a tough place to play, USD is all of the sudden bad team even though they had close games with the MVFC teams that were supposedly left out.

One thing we can guarantee is that if NDSU only beat them like Montana did everyone on your end would say that NDSU was playing flat and didn't really care. Should the same be assumed about Montana? I don't think so since USD made plays in that game but it's a typical way for people to downgrade the impressiveness of a game (SDSU...)

If my math is correct, the MVFC went 19-18 in OOC play. Take out FBS (2-10) and D-2 games (5-0), their record OOC against FCS is 12-8. Take out Pioneer league games (4-0, non-scholarship) and their OOC record is 8-8. Don't think I missed any, but was just a quick look so I may have.

2-0 vs the MEAC (NDSU over Delaware St, WIU over Hampton)

1-3 vs the OVC (SIU over SEMO St, ISUr and SIU losses to EIU, MSU loss to Murray St)

3-2 vs the Big Sky (SDSU over UND, UNI over UNC, USD with a win over UC Davis and losses to NAU and UM)

2-3 vs the Southland (SDSU over SELO, UNI over McNeese St, MSU with losses to Northwestern St and UCA, ISUb loss to Tennesee Tech)

Nope, its espn3 only unless they allow a local channel to air it. espn controls the rights for every playoff game.

Darn, that's what I figured. Thanks for the clarification.

A lot of ISP's don't carry espn3 so it kind of makes me wonder how much they really want to pump up FCS...doing it this way seems to hamper exposure.

The NA/SDSU game will be an interesting matchup. Northern Arizona has shown it is vulnerable vs. the run and SDSU has a good one. I also was not very impressed with SDSU's defense in the one game I saw them this year but that was early so who knows how they are playing now.

I'm going to take Northern Arizona to win at home by 10.

Football doesn't have hot goalies though..... ???

That's right, Hakstol has run into a hot goalie in the playoffs in every one of this 11? years. Maybe he should recruit a hot goalie.......

I'm sure Hak would tell you differently, but eventually in 11 years, you end up with some of the good bounces and not all of the bad ones.

The NA/SDSU game will be an interesting matchup. Northern Arizona has shown it is vulnerable vs. the run and SDSU has a good one. I also was not very impressed with SDSU's defense in the one game I saw them this year but that was early so who knows how they are playing now.

I'm going to take Northern Arizona to win at home by 10.

SDSU's passing D has allegedly improved, and their record kinda shows it, they started 1-3 in conference and then won 4 straight. They gave up 25 points between the last two games.

Let's examine passing offenses in the MVFC to see if we can really come to any conclusions regarding SDSU's improvement vs the pass.

Passing Stats:

Completion %

3 teams in the top 50 (of 122 ranked teams) nationally; 1 in the top 20 (ndsu #5)

Passing Offense

1 team in the top 50; 0 in the top 20 (SIU #46)

Passing Efficiency

4 teams in the top 50; 2 in the top 20 (ndsu #3; YSU #12)

Yards per Completion

4 in the top 50; 1 in the top 20 (YSU #13)

Some General Offensive Stats:

Scoring Offense

4 in the top 50; 1 in the top 20 (ndsu #18)

1st downs

3 in the top 50; 0 in the top 20 (SIU #46; SDSU #48; ndsu #48 (tie))

Total Offense

2 in the top 50; 0 in the top 20 (ndsu #23)

Here's why MVFC teams are always competitive though;

Time of Possession

4 in the top 50; 4 in the top 25 (ndsu #1; Illinois St #10; SIU #24; SDSU #25)

My conclusion:

MVFC teams generally don't pass the ball particularly well, so I'm not not drawing any conclusions as to whether or not the Jacks have improved vs the pass. The NAU game isn't likely to tell us much either.