SiouxSports.com Forum

Expectations for Next Season & New Coach?

Cratter

UND will be lucky to win a conference game next year, and they will open with a blowout lose at San Jose St. It's not Muss' fault nor is it Bubba's, it is the administration's. They crippled UND's recruiting ability by waiting so long to make a hire and they allowed players to leave before a new coach was hired. If I was a current player, I would be hard pressed to stay, especially if I had opportunities elsewhere. So the responsibility for UND's future rests on Faison.

UND will be lucky to win a conference game next year, and they will open with a blowout lose at San Jose St. It's not Muss' fault nor is it Bubba's, it is the administration's. They crippled UND's recruiting ability by waiting so long to make a hire and they allowed players to leave before a new coach was hired. If I was a current player, I would be hard pressed to stay, especially if I had opportunities elsewhere. So the responsibility for UND's future rests on Faison.

Why is that exactly? Is it because as a [player you enjoy getting badly beaten and dicking around on the sidelines? Because our last staff was so great? The team gave up on multiple occasions last year and it was obvious and unacceptable.

If i were a current player I would see this as a second chance to do something great.

Nice try new troll.

Nice 1st post :glare:

Although I agree the hiring process was ridiculous, your avatar fits you well. Now run along back to bville.

I'll bet they finish middle of the Big Sky next year. I look at the list and see the lost of two players due to transfer that could hurt next season.

Nice first post.

Why is that exactly? Is it because as a [player you enjoy getting badly beaten and dicking around on the sidelines? Because our last staff was so great? The team gave up on multiple occasions last year and it was obvious and unacceptable.

If i were a current player I would see this as a second chance to do something great.

Nice try new troll.

Because it's a sinking ship, and you don't think "dicking" around on the sidelines happens everywhere else? I would also disagree that the team gave up, SDSU? EWU? I would give you Montana and MSU but they were too out matched in those games.

What would something great be? Winning a conference game? Because that would be an accomplishment with the roster they have for next season.

You really do have no clue. UND won a couple conference games this year and UND will only be better next year with Bubba's leadership.

• Upvote 1

You really do have no clue. UND won a couple conference games this year and UND will only be better next year with Bubba's leadership.

Bubba's leadership doesn't produce talent, and that's what's needed. I would be very surprised if next years team ends up being better than this years team.

Bubba's leadership doesn't produce talent, and that's what's needed. I would be very surprised if next years team ends up being better than this years team.

Talent can be wasted by lack of direction and complacency. On the flip side mediocrity can be elevated to greatness with organization and hard work.
  • Upvote 1

Because it's a sinking ship, and you don't think "dicking" around on the sidelines happens everywhere else? I would also disagree that the team gave up, SDSU? EWU? I would give you Montana and MSU but they were too out matched in those games.

What would something great be? Winning a conference game? Because that would be an accomplishment with the roster they have for next season.

The ship has already sunk and full rebuild is on. Only up from here. Now I am going to go through and refute your ridiculous claims. They gave up in other games than M and MSU...Northern Arizona was obvious. Since when does being outmatched make it okay to give up?

We happened to win a couple conference games with a "sinking ship" so I am not too worried about winning a couple games. This is an opportunity to hit the reset button and begin a new era.

You know what? I think you are a FU troll who is secretly worried about this whole situation...UND makes a seemingly smart hire and you lose Bohl the savior. I could be wrong here but your motives and logic are too typical.

Record-wise it will probably be about the same, it's not going to happen overnight. Between guys leaving early and the late start his staff (whenever they start) is getting recruiting he will be hard-pressed to put better athletes on the field than last year, I think they'll be more focused and have a better game plan but expecting miracles in this situation isn't very realistic.

2014 will be a year of change and learning, 2015 should be a year of better results.

The ship has already sunk and full rebuild is on. Only up from here. Now I am going to go through and refute your ridiculous claims. They gave up in other games than M and MSU...Northern Arizona was obvious. Since when does being outmatched make it okay to give up?

We happened to win a couple conference games with a "sinking ship" so I am not too worried about winning a couple games. This is an opportunity to hit the reset button and begin a new era.

You know what? I think you are a FU troll who is secretly worried about this whole situation...UND makes a seemingly smart hire and you lose Bohl the savior. I could be wrong here but your motives and logic are too typical.

I am not Bison fan, they should be worried but that's beside the point. My point is they won a couple conference games this year, but next years team will be worse and I don't think that they can beat anyone in the conference besides maybe ISU and for sure Weber.

Buck the Fison

Record-wise it will probably be about the same, it's not going to happen overnight. Between guys leaving early and the late start his staff (whenever they start) is getting recruiting he will be hard-pressed to put better athletes on the field than last year, I think they'll be more focused and have a better game plan but expecting miracles in this situation isn't very realistic.

2014 will be a year of change and learning, 2015 should be a year of better results.

I agree, very well said.

I have to be honest looking at our conference schedule next season I see a win against Weber and then I see a couple of toss-ups with Portland State and Northern Colorado. The rest of the conference schedule does not look good for us as of right now but things change.

I think it's really difficult to predict. Weber has been down for awhile, although who knows what a coaching change may do for them. PSU certainly didn't look good last year, and they are now under the threat of not even having football anymore. It won't be easy to recruit with that kind of shadow hanging over a program. NAU may really fall back down to earth with the loss of Bauman and most of their best defensive players. And of course UNC is still UNC.

I don't expect this year's recruiting class to be great for obvious reasons, but despite some defections I am at least somewhat optimistic that the young talent from the past two classes should receive better coaching and hopefully develop far more quickly than they otherwise would have. I really wouldn't be surprised with anything from 2-9 to 5-6.

• Upvote 1

If players were going to leave after this season, they had their mind made up before the season was probably even over. Hiring a new coach right away wasn't going to keep them here. Sick and tired if hearing how taking 5 weeks to hire a coach was the reason these players left. They left because UND football sucked last year. They don't want to be on a sucky team anymore. Granted, I think they will be better next year with new coaches, but some players don't want to be apart of a rebuilding process.