SiouxSports.com Forum

Expectations for Next Season & New Coach?

Cratter

Some food for thought on this cold Saturday night:

Craig Bohl to Gainesville to clean up the mess that is Florida Gator Football? NDSU's current high national profile might make Bohl more visible to big-time FBS programs that are looking to make a change at the top. Is it likely? No, but if you wanted to shake things up, plucking a successful FCS coach out of the Midwest would do it.

UND has played a whopping 1 game against the MVFC in the last 5 years. They lost to the preseason 2nd place team by a whole 7 points in one of their worst seasons ever and put more yards on them than anyone in the MVFC did and more points than all but 1 team (not counting UNI's 2OT points).

I'd like to amend this to preseason and end of season #2 team since Bison06 had issues with me using preseason rankings.

According to the word on the street, Jameer Jackson has signed papers to be released from scholarship at UND.

Interesting if true. He already used his redshirt year up meaning if he transfers to a FCS or FBS school he has to sit out next season (junior year) and would then only have one year to play. Really worth giving up one of your last two years of eligibility to sit out? I'm still holding out that it might not be true, but it looks like Sioux10Fan has been pretty accurate in the past.

I'm more concerned about some of the younger guys who would have 2-3 years left in another place if they transferred or players that haven't used their redshirt years yet.

Interesting if true. He already used his redshirt year up meaning if he transfers to a FCS or FBS school he has to sit out next season (junior year) and would then only have one year to play. Really worth giving up one of your last two years of eligibility to sit out? I'm still holding out that it might not be true, but it looks like Sioux10Fan has been pretty accurate in the past.

I'm more concerned about some of the younger guys who would have 2-3 years left in another place if they transferred or players that haven't used their redshirt years yet.

Maybe he transfers back home to a D3 or C-St Paul?

Rumor on the street was also that FCS programs don't have enough money to fire a coach and search nationally for a new one.

Rumor on the street was also that FU was a way better basketball team.

Another rumor on the street is that there are four teams begging to get into the Slummit league.

A lot of rumors going around that haven't exactly turned into any concrete facts so I think we ought to just let this play out.

• Upvote 1

Rumor on the street was also that FCS programs don't have enough money to fire a coach and search nationally for a new one.

Rumor on the street was also that FU was a way better basketball team.

Another rumor on the street is that there are four teams begging to get into the Slummit league.

A lot of rumors going around that haven't exactly turned into any concrete facts so I think we ought to just let this play out.

I agree on letting it play out, but looking back at the poster's past information, it has been pretty accurate.

Auburn plays Bama Saturday in SEC title and FBS Natty implications and this after Auburn went winless in the SEC last year. A different/new coach can make a huge difference...immediately in some instances.

As far as Jackson...better to get out now if he has any reservations about sticking it out at UND cause the team doesn't need those types hanging around and then bolting later on.

Having reservations about a coaching change is completely understandable IMHO. I hope he at least sticks around to meet the new coach and then makes an informed decision.

Having reservations about a coaching change is completely understandable IMHO. I hope he at least sticks around to meet the new coach and then makes an informed decision.

Where was this sited?? Or is this your assumption?

That is what I was thinking as well. Anyone have a definitive answer?

This is the only thing I could find on the NCAA website...

Q: Can student-athletes transfer without penalties if a coach leaves the program?

A: A student-athlete can transfer at any time, subject to the regular transfer rules. Those rules are not waived if a coach leaves a program.

This is the only thing I could find on the NCAA website...

Q: Can student-athletes transfer without penalties if a coach leaves the program?

A: A student-athlete can transfer at any time, subject to the regular transfer rules. Those rules are not waived if a coach leaves a program.

Didn't the players at Penn State get the option of transferring without penalty after the whole sex abuse scandal broke?