SiouxSports.com Forum

Expectations for Next Season & New Coach?

Cratter

What are the expectations next year with a new coach?

At least 3-8....

I just want improvement, and that may not even be reflected in the overall record. Fewer penalties. Fewer turnovers. Be able to run the ball a little bit. And be competitive. Just give us a reason to think better things are on the horizon.

• Upvote 1

I would expect some recruits to go elsewhere and some players to transfer. Might be a bad couple of years. 3-8 might be optimistic for next year. Hopefully in 3 years we can be in that 7 to 8 win range.

I at least expect to beat weber state, unc, and Robert Morris....but next years schedule seems tougher than this year in terms of home vs away games.

I at least expect to beat weber state, unc, and Robert Morris....but next years schedule seems tougher than this year in terms of home vs away games.

Based upon this year's game, I think the home game with Portland St. is quite winnable, as well. Anything above and beyond those four games is gravy IMO.

Obviously, the sooner we get a coach with credibility to convince current players and recruits to come and stay will make a big difference in how long it will take to turn this ship around. I assume it will be the better players and recruits that would consider leaving for greener pastures. Right now if I was a player and had the option of su or UND it wouldn't be UND.

Honestly, I see 5 wins on the schedule next season: Robert Morris, Missouri St., Portland St., Weber St., and Northern Colorado. I would expect wins in those games regardless of the coaching change.

In the big picture, I hope to see more disciplined play. Fewer penalties, better tackling, a somewhat competent offensive line.

Honestly, I see 5 wins on the schedule next season: Robert Morris, Missouri St., Portland St., Weber St., and Northern Colorado. I would expect wins in those games regardless of the coaching change.

In the big picture, I hope to see more disciplined play. Fewer penalties, better tackling, a somewhat competent offensive line.

If all of this happens...great!! Anything more is gravey...

I had felt that this is going to be a long term project and should be treated that way. The problem is, there are some that think this can be changed immediately. I'm feeling that 4-7 is probably as good as it will get next year, coupled with no blow outs.

I don't see a lot of players leaving. a lot of the good recruits from the past couple of years should see a lot of playing time that would be hard to come by if they went somewhere else.

Based on Carr tweets, he should be ecstatic about the coaching change and the opportunity that lies ahead. If he isn't, then maybe he is just a whiner who we would be better off without?

Aren't you just the new coach apologist...

:huh:

My moniker isn't CMSioux so no...

I would have no problem having a first year coach dealing with this train wreck left by Muss getting a minimum of 5 wins, playing games that are competitive and having a disciplined team on the field.

Missouri St will win by 3 TD's and Portland St is also a loss.

I have 2 brothers, a cousin and 2 uncles that live in Springield and follow Mo. St athletics...all would disagree with this statement!

Mo. St. is definitely not a great team, but this year they certainly weren't the bottom feeder they have been in the past. Beat two teams ranked in the top 25 and put the highest point total of the season on NDSU's defense.

It would have been a loss if UND matched up with Mo. St. this year IMO. I have no idea what they have coming back next year though so we'll see.

http://www.missouris...otbl-sched.html