SiouxSports.com Forum

Expectations for Next Season & New Coach?

Cratter

With everybody talking about the impending demise of NDSU football, which number do you think will be higher next year, UND wins or NDSU losses. I put the over/under at 3.

I see 1-2 regular season losses and a 1-1 record in the postseason for NDSU. I see 4 wins for UND.

If UND coaches have the same attitude against Agriculture that UND fans have, I can see why they don't do real well on the recruiting trail with the big offensive and defensive lineman (or other positions) at the small town North Dakota and rural Minnesota schools.

OK, dork.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I slam everyones opinion. I think it is misguided at very best (to be very polite) to say that the season opener against an FBS team is a "make or break" game.

I think a .500 record next season would be a monumental success. There are no "make or break" games in the case of UND football in 2014 as far as I am concerned.

totally agree

I can't say that it has ever entered my mind that making the 3 1/2 hour drive to Grand Forks for a Saturday afternoon of tailgating, socializing and football isn't worth it, even last year when I knew they were probably going to come out on the short end by a long measure I looked forward to the day,seeing friends, talking football, hearing the band, meeting player's parents and supporting the team. I realize this might seem strange - perhaps it's a generational thing. Now when it comes to professional teams I think it would be easier to have a different attitude.

• Upvote 1

Expections for next year: Just one...put a product on the field that makes me WANT to drive 70+ miles north to take in a FB game on Saturdays.

Pretty simple..........

I am with you there. I drove up to the Potato Bowl game (like I do every year with the kids) but didn't bother going to an ass kicking against UM, MSU, or EWU. It was bad enough seeing it on tv.

With everybody talking about the impending demise of NDSU football, which number do you think will be higher next year, UND wins or NDSU losses. I put the over/under at 3.

Don't believe you will see demise of fb at AC in near future. It not likely they will be as good. They have plenty of good kids and had good recruiting last year. Having said that, who cares? Sioux just need to get better with a focus on becoming a great team.

Don't believe you will see demise of fb at AC in near future. It not likely they will be as good. They have plenty of good kids and had good recruiting last year. Having said that, who cares? Sioux just need to get better with a focus on becoming a great team.

ND cares!

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/opinion/editorial/the-bison-north-dakota-s-team/article_f205cfbe-77a9-11e3-b63c-0019bb2963f4.html

NDSU will have a good team next year, buts it's very possible they will have 2 to 3 losses next season that will not give them the #1 seed. Having to go on the road in the playoffs will be what ultimately trips up their team next season, in my opinion.

UND needs to improve a little each season, with possible unexpected jumps (like 5-7 or 6-6 next season) being very enjoyable.

NDSU will have a good team next year, buts it's very possible they will have 2 to 3 losses next season that will not give them the #1 seed. Having to go on the road in the playoffs will be what ultimately trips up their team next season, in my opinion.

UND needs to improve a little each season, with possible unexpected jumps (like 5-7 or 6-6 next season) being very enjoyable.

Perhaps you're right about NDSU next. They have lost a lot of player.

However, in my opinion, the probability that NDSU wins a National Championship next year is greater than the probability that UND makes the playoffs.

However, in my opinion, the probability that NDSU wins a National Championship next year is greater than the probability that UND makes the playoffs.

Moo U won't fall off the map, but winning another NC is VERY slim odds.

You really put your neck on the line there. Ballzy.

Anything ever end up coming of this? Team meeting today, was he there?

Not sure but a quick look at his twitter page shows his profile pic of a UND football practice still so seems as though he is sticking around. He had a tweet about Chicago so perhaps he's enroute back to GF?

Edit: I should add that yes, it probably is a bit creepy to be checking out football player twitter accounts...

• Upvote 1