SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU at UND prediction

Nodak78

He'd be as petty and gutless as a lot of people around here like to think he is if he didn't. I think he'd take that to the bank and use it as a chance to show NDSUs current supremacy Americas favorite sport over his most hated of rivals.

Right now he is in a solid position not taking any home and home with UND. But, a 1 game deal instead of a team like Delaware State......that would be in NDSU's best interest and Taylor would do it. He does what he is paid to do.......look out for the interests of NDSU.

Right now he is in a solid position not taking any home and home with UND. But, a 1 game deal instead of a team like Delaware State......that would be in NDSU's best interest and Taylor would do it. He does what he is paid to do.......look out for the interests of NDSU.

UND is on fairly solid footing for football also.. auto bid conference, Big Sky, and IPF. I get the fans are restless because of the Montana blowout, But,I thought the article by the GFH was kind of funny... NDSU does not need UND - which is true. But, look at the schedule UND had without NDSU. Valpo, SDSU, Montana Montana St, EWU, Sac St and UNC. In the long run I like the position UND is in.. Montana, Montana St, Poly, and EWU rotating on a yearly basis with regional games against SDSU, USD and UNI for nonconference home games.

I am fine with NDSU being replace by Montana St as our conference rival. It will take some time to build (wins by UND) but not a bad team to be paired with.. hey that what this thread is about UND vs Montana St...

• Upvote 1

UND is on fairly solid footing for football also.. auto bid conference, Big Sky, and IPF. I get the fans are restless because of the Montana blowout, But,I thought the article by the GFH was kind of funny... NDSU does not need UND - which is true. But, look at the schedule UND had without NDSU. Valpo, SDSU, Montana Montana St, EWU, Sac St and UNC. In the long run I like the position UND is in.. Montana, Montana St, Poly, and EWU rotating on a yearly basis with regional games against SDSU, USD and UNI for nonconference home games.

I am fine with NDSU being replace by Montana St as our conference rival. It will take some time to build (wins by UND) but not a bad team to be paired with.. hey that what this thread is about UND vs Montana St...

Montana St can't replace ndsu. They won't replace them either. They could be an equalivalent to USD after some good games but that's about it.

And UND would likely require a higher fee than Delaware State. Would NDSU be willing to pay $200k or $250k (or more) to bring UND in?

Don't know. It's all hush/hush as with all of our current injuries. Some say by NAU which is the 5th of Oct. and others say longer. It's his throwing shoulder and it was dislocated at SMU. Hope our Payday$$$$ was worth it. We have bye week after our visit with you guys. Our injury report usually comes out Sunday evening and now it's Monday night and I still haven't heard anything from the SFA game. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tell me about your run game. If you have one at all this game will get lopsided.

The word is out that NDSU will pay big amounts for home games and teams will demand those paydays as was shown this year. Its already at the point where Taylor is complainging about it. My guess is eventually NDSU will start having to sign some home and homes whether it be with UND or someone else or the fans will have to learn to be live with D-II schools on the schedule because they are willing to come in for a lot less that an FCS can and has demanded.

Don't know. It's all hush/hush as with all of our current injuries. Some say by NAU which is the 5th of Oct. and others say longer. It's his throwing shoulder and it was dislocated at SMU. Hope our Payday$$$$ was worth it. We have bye week after our visit with you guys. Our injury report usually comes out Sunday evening and now it's Monday night and I still haven't heard anything from the SFA game. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just saw the tweet that WR Brian Flotkoetter is doubtful for the game this weekend. 6'2" 210+ lb. big body wideout. The injuries are really piling up for the Cats right now.

Truth of the matter = this will be only his third start in your loud dome.

It will be loud only if people show up, and only if UND can stay competitive in the first half. I'm not optimistic attendance will be good. I'll be there, so I hope I'm wrong. Fan morale is probably at about a 25-year low.

It will be loud only if people show up, and only if UND can stay competitive in the first half. I'm not optimistic attendance will be good. I'll be there, so I hope I'm wrong. Fan morale is probably at about a 25-year low.

I'm coming from Williston again, despite what may end up being my better judgment.

• Upvote 2

This is often the tipping point for removal of coaches.

Just saw the tweet that WR Brian Flotkoetter is doubtful for the game this weekend. 6'2" 210+ lb. big body wideout. The injuries are really piling up for the Cats right now.

OUT-SEASON: LB Na’a Moeakiola, WR Kurt Davis. OUT-INDEFINITELY: WR Tanner Rod- erick, DL Zach Hutchins, LS Rocky Hogue, OL Christian Williams, OL Alex Eekhoff. DOUBT- FUL: QB DeNarius McGhee, WR Brian Flotkoetter, DB Ijumaa Armstrong. PROBABLE: OL Charles Lee, DT Craig Ashworth, DE Preston Gale.

I'm coming from Williston again, despite what may end up being my better judgment.

My daughter is playing in her own sporting event at 1 pm...not a hard decision for me not to make the trip Saturday especially after what I witnessed the last 2 home games. WIll hit the EWU game though regardless of Saturday's outcome. Have to do something between hockey games!

OUT-SEASON: LB Na’a Moeakiola, WR Kurt Davis. OUT-INDEFINITELY: WR Tanner Rod- erick, DL Zach Hutchins, LS Rocky Hogue, OL Christian Williams, OL Alex Eekhoff. DOUBT- FUL: QB DeNarius McGhee, WR Brian Flotkoetter, DB Ijumaa Armstrong. PROBABLE: OL Charles Lee, DT Craig Ashworth, DE Preston Gale.

Good god that is horrible luck.

Jeez.....

I'm upset that McGhee got hurt. I wanted to see what he could do on the turf at the Alerus. With him UND had zero chance of beating MSU, without him.....and there is a small chance that UND finds a way. With all of those injuries UND has the perfect opportunity to win the game. But we're still waiting to see the UND team a lot of us expected to see.

Are our current players big enough, fast enough, strong enough, smart enough, coached well enough to compete? Do you believe that a team can just have a "bad game" that was as bad as Montana? I will forever support UND. It just appears that we are still years away from getting to where I hope we will be. Not the end of the world either way.

Let's try and keep all of the head coaching, NDSU comparisons, and "state of the program" fodder in one of the other threads that are currenty going for those topics.

As for this game against the Bobcats, I'd be wildly surprised (and impressed) if North Dakota wins. So my prediction is that MSU and fans will likely leave the Alerus happy.

• Upvote 1

By the amount of injuries MSU has and my unwillingness to pick against UND, I'm going to say UND 35, MSU 31. Maybe, just maybe, this schedule can work to UND's advantage for the rest of the season. Had we play this past weekend we could have been in the banged up shape MSU is in. After this game, I think UND has a good shot at winning the rest of the games excluding Eastern. We also have an open game the last weekend of the season which hopefully is good rest for the playoffs ;) So if all goes as planned we are 7-4 or 8-3 with a weekend to heal up heading in to the playoffs :unsure: