SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

Not sure where I read it, could have been this board. Either way that is why I bought it, for away games. So they are selling the package for home games to people that don't live here? Ok?

Yeah, either for people that don't live in Grand Forks(like me) or people that don't have cable(i.e. dish network) in Grand Forks or have an opportunity to go to the games.

It will probably be garbage....but I've been Jones'n for some Sioux hockey.

I have watched numerous games on Fast Hockey (mostly the US National squad games) and the quality has been good. I doubt these games will be in high definition, but the feed does not chatter like the NeuLion UND games, so in that way it will likely be better. But NeuLion continues to say it is on my end and not their problem. Obviously the games that I watched on FastHockey did not have the likely number of folks that these two games will get, so we will see how that is handled. I never had any buffering watching it using IE as a platform and did not have to go to Google Chrome like for the NeuLion feed. Bottom line is that the FastHockey feed was much better than most feeds of college games, but remember there is no commercials, so be prepared for lengths of silence and the camera work is sometimes a little sketchy.

I have watched numerous games on Fast Hockey (mostly the US National squad games) and the quality has been good. I doubt these games will be in high definition, but the feed does not chatter like the NeuLion UND games, so in that way it will likely be better. But NeuLion continues to say it is on my end and not their problem. Obviously the games that I watched on FastHockey did not have the likely number of folks that these two games will get, so we will see how that is handled. I never had any buffering watching it using IE as a platform and did not have to go to Google Chrome like for the NeuLion feed. Bottom line is that the FastHockey feed was much better than most feeds of college games, but remember there is no commercials, so be prepared for lengths of silence and the camera work is sometimes a little sketchy.

How much has the camera work or picture varied by venue?

How much has the camera work or picture varied by venue?

It varied greatly from venue to venue due to the games that I have watched are US national teams and they have been from various countries and not from one particular team or arena. The picture was usually a pretty good standard quality, but the announcers made the games hilarious to watch at times. I am sure the announcers for these games will be very knowledgeable about hockey, but not so much the teams. I also have not heard the rule changes in place due to these games. Not sure whether they will be US college rules or Canadian college rules, so that will also make it interesting for the announcers. One last thing that I noticed from these games is that they usually have one camera doing the coverage, sometimes two, so you will have to give them allowance for that as well. For those that used to watch the Alaska-Anchorage games it is much better than that.

It varied greatly from venue to venue due to the games that I have watched are US national teams and they have been from various countries and not from one particular team or arena. The picture was usually a pretty good standard quality, but the announcers made the games hilarious to watch at times. I am sure the announcers for these games will be very knowledgeable about hockey, but not so much the teams. I also have not heard the rule changes in place due to these games. Not sure whether they will be US college rules or Canadian college rules, so that will also make it interesting for the announcers. One last thing that I noticed from these games is that they usually have one camera doing the coverage, sometimes two, so you will have to give them allowance for that as well. For those that used to watch the Alaska-Anchorage games it is much better than that.

Thank you.

Yes, Joe Sensor's shows the games as well. Call ahead of time and they'll set you up right in front of a TV. Considering heading to one for the game tonight.....assuming it's not on undsports webcast.

Game is on CBSSports tonite. Worth ordering the Comcast sports package for as they play again on this channel in a couple weeks...then you can just cancel it...

• 2 weeks later...