SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

Great picture with very few delays in the Chicago area.

Haven't tried the hookup to the TV yet. No USB only HDMI on the TV.

If you are thinking of chromecast, just be aware you'll need a wireless network (wireless router) set up. Don't remember if you said you had that or if your network is hard wired.

Anybody try a SlingBox tonight?

I think I will pick one up and try it this week-end, my daughter lives in Bismarck and has Midco, so I can stream the game from the SlingBox.

Should work fine, as long as the isp on both your ends provides decent upload/download speeds. I had poor wireless in the Fargo motel I stayed in during last spring's regional, but my dish sling allowed me to watch on my notebook in the motel; no problems.

http://cctigers.com/...aspx?story=2707

Appears midco is providing the Saturday night game vs cc in January to the abc station in Colorado Springs. Maybe midco could pick up some away feeds this year too? Would be nice and a step forward!

I definitely think there is the demand for it. Everyone in Midco's viewing area should be contacting Midco as often as possible to inquire/pressure about picking up away feeds.

• 3 weeks later...

Via twitter

http://www.undsports...DB_OEM_ID=13500

And the Friday BU game is on NBC Sports Network so UND fans will get to see both.

The Saturday night BU game we should not forget is on NESN, for those that don't read the link. How nice that the NCHC signs that agreement with CBS and then runs Big10 games thinking the market will be larger. Nope don't show conference games. This makes the agreement even more of a farce.

I used Google Chromecast last night and it worked fine. I didn't watch the entire 2nd period so might have missed if there were the any issues then.

I am thinking about buying one of them to watch away games that aren't on the TV.

So no tv this weekend....curious if midco has considered travel to any away games though. UNO has no local tv for this series. You'd think the demand would be there from fans to watch the series that can't get there.

Very poor start to televising college hockey in general. Seems like the whole sport has almost disappeared from the tube. Don't understand why CBSSN wouldn't pick up Miami/SCSU.

• 3 weeks later...

If you buy the undinsider, Like I did for $79 I believe. You still have to buy an app to watch on my Droid the stuff I already paid $79 to watch? Am I doing this correct?

Partially, do view live video from undinsider you'd have to get the basic app (free I think) plus the 4.99 premium app, plus your undisider subscription.