SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

No, I can expand the player to "FULL", but there are still small black bars on each side of the screen, and, of course, a control bar that does not disappear on the bottom of the screen. The Big Sky/America One player, on the other hand, that receives the same 16:9 Midco HD content (for BB and VB, etc), does expand to a full 16:9 screen, and the control bar disappears (reappears if you point at the bottom of the screen.

I'm not saying that the neulion player is not showing a HD 16:9 screen, because it is, it just won't, when expanded, fill the entire big screen TV (unless I zoom or stretch my TV format, but I don't want to lose the full width of the video provided by an HD camera, nor do I want to skewer the screen, ie wide, short players, etc)

One user here said that he gets a big screen TV filled using the iphone app on an ipad through the apple TV device (guess the apple tv air play is smart enough to figure out how to fill a big screen), not sure if anyone else can fill the entire big screen TV screen with the UND/neulion player. What are you using? I'm using a PC to HDTV hdmi hookup.

I am using the a PC to HDTV hdmi cable like you. Maybe my screen is full just because of how I have the tv settings. I might have it on wide. I only have a 32" tv so maybe that is why I don't get as much distortion as you do.

Neulions answer to the black bars:

We understand your complaint, black bars on the side. But you do not understand that we have nothing to do with that aspect of the service. We do not control the production of the game. We have done what we can and forwarded along your complaint and screenshot to UND to have them look into that. At NeuLion we do not have anything to do with the production of the game and what format it is streamed in. We can make suggestions to the University but at the end of the day it is up to them to offer what they want.

They don't understand I'm not asking about the format or apect, I know it's supplied by UND in 16:9 HD. One thing I've learned dealing with neulion's support is, they are NEVER wrong, it's always someone else's fault.

Jayson, does anyone at UND have an answer for this?

I am using the a PC to HDTV hdmi cable like you. Maybe my screen is full just because of how I have the tv settings. I might have it on wide. I only have a 32" tv so maybe that is why I don't get as much distortion as you do.

Yep, you may have it stretched or zoomed to fill the whole TV, but the flash player should do that with your TV in the "normal" aspect setting. America One's (Big Sky) flash player works like that, getting the same stream from UND and Midco for BB and other Big Sky sports.

Actually, I can fill the screen by setting wide or zoom aspect on the TV, but there's a large loss of what an HD camera provides in the camera's wider format when doing that. I'm a bit anal in wanting to see HD the way it's meant to be, rather than something less.

Neulions last response, which will be their last because I've given up, is that they are happy to forward my complaints to UND :sad:

In my conversations with Matt Schill, it is no doubt neulions flash player "build" that differs from the America One player "build", which works like, imo, it should.

The neulion fansupport email address is not actually neulion, but a third party company that provides just customer support to many different companies. That is no doubt why they often don't understand what one is asking, give cut and paste answers to questions they think you asked, rather than what you actually did ask, and are just a go between, sending your question/comments to UND reps, who are the only one's that can deal directly with neulion. If the cut and paste answers given by fansupport might actually help, they are listed somewhere in this thread, otherwise, may as well go directly to UND support.

They obviously use this progression: 1. blame the customer 2, 3, 4..... blame UND

Can't believe the amount of time I've wasted contacting fansupport. Gotta love the internet age.

• Upvote 1

The neulion fansupport email address is not actually neulion, but a third party company that provides just customer support to many different companies. That is no doubt why they often don't understand what one is asking, give cut and paste answers to questions they think you asked, rather than what you actually did ask, and are just a go between, sending your question/comments to UND reps, who are the only one's that can deal directly with neulion. If the cut and paste answers given by fansupport might actually help, they are listed somewhere in this thread, otherwise, may as well go directly to UND support.

They obviously use this progression: 1. blame the customer 2, 3, 4..... blame UND

Can't believe the amount of time I've wasted contacting fansupport. Gotta love the internet age.

Hockey webcast.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to say after $80 fee for web and $10 fee for an Android.

Not a product the U of ND has the ability to control.

I'm exceptionally critical of how the webcast nightmare has been handled but this is not something I can be critical of as it is not UNDs product to control or give us access to.

Not a product the U of ND has the ability to control.

I'm exceptionally critical of how the webcast nightmare has been handled but this is not something I can be critical of as it is not UNDs product to control or give us access to.

Just because it is exhibition? Aren't all away games out of their control? That's what I bought it for since I have season tickets for home games!

I believe the UNDInsider webcast will be up for renewal next year. I've placed my vote to dump neulion and go to america one. Stream works better, the flash player on america one functions better, and no more putting up with third party neulion support, who never answer a question correctly.

None of this has anything to do with the exhibition streams.

• Upvote 1

Just because it is exhibition? Aren't all away games out of their control? That's what I bought it for since I have season tickets for home games!

The quality of road game webcast is only as good as what the home venue sends. Often not HD and usually poor quality thus far.

Every non home game that has been carried through the und insider app has been a bonus and should not have been expected.

The insider was never presented as an option to ensure access to away games. If you bought it for that reason you were misinformed or just misunderstood the concept of the insider and app.

I would consider the $80 plus $10 another donation, hopefully appreciated, to the program

And should not expect ANY future away games to be carried but........if.....the away team uses Nuelion......and webcasts it in HD........and all allows und to carry it through the app........consider it a bonus!

Every non home game that has been carried through the und insider app has been a bonus and should not have been expected.

The insider was never presented as an option to ensure access to away games. If you bought it for that reason you were misinformed or just misunderstood the concept of the insider and app.

I would consider the $80 plus $10 another donation, hopefully appreciated, to the program

And should not expect ANY future away games to be carried but........if.....the away team uses Nuelion......and webcasts it in HD........and all allows und to carry it through the app........consider it a bonus!

If you read waaay back in this thread it has been brought up. It was advertised that it is Nuelion and all schools use nuelion so it should be seen home and away! The away games is the reason I bought it, because if that advertising! So I feel dooped finding out that I have to pay again to watch this weekends game. I said nothing about quality, just the extra payment!

If you read waaay back in this thread it has been brought up. It was advertised that it is Nuelion and all schools use nuelion so it should be seen home and away! The away games is the reason I bought it, because if that advertising! So I feel dooped finding out that I have to pay again to watch this weekends game. I said nothing about quality, just the extra payment!

Yeah, unless you have a direct quote from a UND rep, I don't believe this was ever promised. If it was just someone on the boards saying it and you took their word for it, that's on you.

Yeah, unless you have a direct quote from a UND rep, I don't believe this was ever promised. If it was just someone on the boards saying it and you took their word for it, that's on you.

Not sure where I read it, could have been this board. Either way that is why I bought it, for away games. So they are selling the package for home games to people that don't live here? Ok?