SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Rud is a finalist for the women's head coach position at SCSU. I'm thinking that answers our question of leaving; to me that indicates he's determined to be a head coach and isn't waiting around for CC.

Rud is officially the new head coach of the SCSU women's team. I'm betting he's thankful he had another option on the table. It will be interesting to see where Bennett ends up (if anywhere).

• 3 weeks later...

Princeton named Ron Fogarty as the new head coach. He's been a DIII head coach for the past 7 years. Obviously the DIII competition level isn't as high, but he started the program at Adrian and has a record of 167-23-10. Sounds like a great catch for Princeton.

• 2 weeks later...

One Colorado College assistant coach was hired R.J. Enga, he's a former CC player from 91-95.

CC hired Gene Reilly as an assistant coach to round out the upheaval of staff. He's had a wide range of hockey-related jobs, but his college experience includes assistant coaching with Maine (98-01), Harvard (03-04), and Northeastern (04-08).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey its the off-season and things are slow around the message boards and this is the non-UND college hockey thread so I think I can post this here.

Great video here shows our new Hockey digs and explains the meaning behind everything as Coach Blasi does a walk-through and also shows the off-ice shooting area complete with simulated crowd.... I especially like the sliding Superman "M" door that is the entrance to the lockerroom. Welcome to the "M-Pire" !

http://www.muredhawk...db_oem_id=26100

BsNyOtvCAAAQVuf.jpg

BsNyO0cCcAAlvyh.jpg

BsNyPISCcAAMz6l.jpg

BsNyO3SCIAAsH3k.jpg

BsH9pd6CQAAd1AY.jpg

Those additions were supposed to be included in the original building of Goggin / Steve Cady Arena but were put on hold after cost overruns.

Hearing rumors that Western Michigan has a new 60 million arena under consideration and was discusses with the NCHC when lobbying to be included. Final donations to be wrapped up.

I also think Bowling Green will be added once they committ to a brand new arena. Rumblings suggest this.

It would be great to add BG with new arena and Iowa State. Would strengthen the conference.

Then continue to strengthen the TV deal and exposure with CBSSN and have them open up more flexibilty in the TV contract. Every school also nails down a regional TV deal like UND's deal with Midco. TWC Sportschannel (Miami), Fox Sports Detroit (WMU), Root Sports etc and them allow for the digital rights to be sold from the NCHC website and Roku App.

• Upvote 2

Those additions were supposed to be included in the original building of Goggin / Steve Cady Arena but were put on hold after cost overruns.

Hearing rumors that Western Michigan has a new 60 million arena under consideration and was discusses with the NCHC when lobbying to be included. Final donations to be wrapped up.

I also think Bowling Green will be added once they committ to a brand new arena. Rumblings suggest this.

It would be great to add BG with new arena and Iowa State. Would strengthen the conference.

Then continue to strengthen the TV deal and exposure with CBSSN and have them open up more flexibilty in the TV contract. Every school also nails down a regional TV deal like UND's deal with Midco. TWC Sportschannel (Miami), Fox Sports Detroit (WMU), Root Sports etc and them allow for the digital rights to be sold from the NCHC website and Roku App.

What have you heard about Iowa St? I think the only way they commit is if Texas and Oklahoma start teams. so UT and OU are more or less cemented to ISU. Texas will work with Austin on a new arena, which might be awhile. Austin is a lot like Columbus, a potential pro town that is dedicated to college sports. Columbus has the BJackets though.

Iowa St and Bowling Green would help bridge to the gap in geography and make the Target Center even more of a natural host.

Well if you believe all of the chatter, I have heard quite a bit, BGSU is butt hurt about not getting in the NCHC and wants to start picking off teams like FSU, Miami, WMU and a few others and reforming the old CCHA. This could happen, in 3-5 years. The eastern members of the NCHC and the Eastern members of the WCHA are grumbling about travel. It's not much of a concern for the western teams.

As far as flexibility goes, teams could sign regional deals with regional TV networks, but CBSSN won't budge on the exclusivity deal. As far as UND hockey getting back on FCS won't happen until after the original deal with CBSSN is done. I confirmed this with the league. Personally, this is the one downfall of having DirecTV, you can't get Midco Sports on it.

Originally, Bowling Green did indeed try and talk fellow MAC member Buffalo into starting varsity hockey and form a new league. Buffalo is serious about doing it but needs an arena. They were close but had to pass. Ferris would have jumped at that league.

BG is mad at Miami and WMU, but they would jump at the NCHC if they got the chance. They are stirring the pot with this and this idea and Miami and WMU want closer travel so the NCHC inviting BG just to end the drama with them wanting to start new leagues might be best. I also think Buffalo Hockey would be a huge success.