SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

It's GOLDEN Gophers thank you. :) How about the Oilers? I know people have mentioned that before and I think it makes sense. I can't think of another school that uses it either.

I prefer to think the UMTC as the "Gehenna Gophers" or the "Moldin' Rodents".

Oilers is not very PC (think: "green") and Findlay (OH) uses it.

I prefer to think the UMTC as the "Gehenna Gophers" or the "Moldin' Rodents".

It is cherry-picking defintely, however for once I agree with you. I like the Oilers. If it makes sense for Edm it makes sense for us.

• Upvote 1

Findlay is irrelevant...but no way the loonies on what will make up the nickname committee will allow a fossil-fuel non-environmentally friendly nickname to be the winner. This is a better example of what we'll see...

http://m.espn.go.com/wnba/story?storyId=3210695&src=desktop

• Upvote 1

I like to irk Goofer fans by suggesting the nickname will be Vikings. For some reason, that really gets under their skin - maybe because if they're not wearing maroon, they're usually wearing purple? :D

Vikings would be a great nickname if the Vikings didn't exist. Maybe the Raiders? Spartans?

I like to irk Goofer fans by suggesting the nickname will be Vikings. For some reason, that really gets under their skin - maybe because if they're not wearing maroon, they're usually wearing purple? :D

I think a beter one would be the North Star's.

Vikings would be a great nickname if the Vikings didn't exist. Maybe the Raiders? Spartans?

C'mon man! There are some green and white Spartys running around the Big 10 that we do not want to be associated with. Go original with Nokota or Snow geese. I think the Originals makes an okay ambiguous name, the same way the Oakland Athletics name works. Let's go Nokes, Let's go Snows, Let's go O's. Our North Dakota accents would be irresistable.

I really hope you didn't miss the joke I was making at the expense of the maroon supporters... Or, maybe you just missed using a smilie to let us all know you weren't to be taken seriously in the first sentence? :whistling:

My wife is throwing out a vote for UND Fighting Swedes

:devil:

I really hope you didn't miss the joke I was making at the expense of the maroon supporters... Or, maybe you just missed using a smilie to let us all know you weren't to be taken seriously in the first sentence? :whistling:

My wife is throwing out a vote for UND Fighting Swedes

:devil:

I knew you were kidding. I was serious that the nickname vikings had been tainted though.

• 2 weeks later...

Jerry is a legend....he doesn't lose guys. I thought Milano may be bolting BC.

If you listen to what this kid is saying, he's kind of sounding a lot like the other ones that have bolted. Some of the people that are tweeting the info are pretty dialed in. It will be interesting to see if he actually stays or not. Remember, he's already decommitted from Notre Dame. Until they actually show up on campus, anything is possible.

If you listen to what this kid is saying, he's kind of sounding a lot like the other ones that have bolted. Some of the people that are tweeting the info are pretty dialed in. It will be interesting to see if he actually stays or not. Remember, he's already decommitted from Notre Dame. Until they actually show up on campus, anything is possible.

Very true. I passed some tweets (of him potentially leaving) to one of my buddies....he shot some back, from pretty reliable sources, that he is 100% BC. But the fact there are all these rumors leads one to believe something has happened.