SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

I love hockey, but an 80 minute game with three intermissions on a regular season night is likely going to be too much for most people. Plus, if you ended up with two ties on the weekend the teams will have played 2 2/3 full games. It's just not feasible. I like the 4x4 format in the NHL, but I dislike the shootout because it's a team sport. 4x4 and 3x3 at least keeps it more like the standard product, but with an increased number of scoring chances. I was completely fine with calling a tie after 5:00 of 5x5; but if the powers that be need to decide a "winner" for every game I feel shorthanded play is preferrable - just not for a full 20 minutes.

I'd go for a 4x4 10minute OT...although anything is preferable to a shootout.

I'd go for a 4x4 10minute OT...although anything is preferable to a shootout.

I don't know why the shootout is even remotely popular with fans. I would rather see the captains mark off 30 paces and draw pistols in a duel as opposed to have shootouts decide winners and losers.

Yea, I saw that BC scored two goals in about the last 3:00 of the game. It was 2-1 BC at the 14:30 mark of the 3rd.

I believe goal 3 was a tip.....goal 4 an ENG to pad Johnny's stats........like he needs it....

Still In a 1 and done..............sometimes the best team doesn't win.........bring on the Eagles.