SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

57 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

I'm actually more a Broncos fan than Vikings.  I'd like to see the Vikings win it all once though. 

I remember silly statements like that were said about Denver before they took it to the Packers in the Super Bowl.  

Nothing lasts forever.

Tell that to the Bills, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Chargers, Eagles, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Cardinals. Oh and don't forget to tell that to the Chicago Cubs....

45 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I'm not sure why you always bring up the packers when someone shows disdain for the Vikings, do you secretly like them? Not sure what sports media talks about the Packers 24/7 but if I were going to complain about any team that gets the most attention, I would say its the Patriots and at times the Saints (and they are not even great).

You are right about the Patriots. And no, I do NOT secretly like the Packers, I have hated that team as long as I can remember.

44 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Tell that to the Bills, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Chargers, Eagles, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Cardinals. Oh and don't forget to tell that to the Chicago Cubs....

I think the Cubs will be scratched off that list in a couple of months. And listing every team that has never won a title in the post-merger era is kind of overkill. Some of those teams haven't been around that long (Jaguars and Panthers).

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think the Cubs will be scratched off that list in a couple of months. And listing every team that has never won a title in the post-merger era is kind of overkill. Some of those teams haven't been around that long (Jaguars and Panthers).

The Cubs will either exorcise the demons or choke in epic fashion.  Either will be entertaining!  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hayduke said:

I'm actually more a Broncos fan than Vikings.  I'd like to see the Vikings win it all once though. 

I remember silly statements like that were said about Denver before they took it to the Packers in the Super Bowl.  

Nothing lasts forever.

I am both Broncos and Vikings and it has been a fun season so far. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So what will you do if it is those teams in the Super Bowl?

I would go for the Vikings for two reasons:

1) My 80 year old Grandpa in Minneapolis has been a fan his whole life with nothing to show for it. Also, my 60 year old Dad has been a life long Vikings fan. They deserve a win.

2) Broncos won it last year. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I would go for the Vikings for two reasons:

1) My 80 year old Grandpa in Minneapolis has been a fan his whole life with nothing to show for it. Also, my 60 year old Dad has been a life long Vikings fan. They deserve a win.

2) Broncos won it last year. 

Makes perfect sense to me. SKOL VIKINGS!!!

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

The Cubs will either exorcise the demons or choke in epic fashion.  Either will be entertaining!  

One could argue that the teams that have broken more hearts of their fans are Vikings fans and Cubs fans.  And I am a fan of both!!!  Looking good so far this year, but when I have said that before, my teams have choked in epic fashion.  Hoping to reverse the curse for both teams this year!!

• Upvote 2

Vikes defense could be a special unit if they continue at this rate. Have only allowed 50 points and they have played 4 decent teams, one being in the Super Bowl last year. Eli looked scared all night last night and must of thrown the ball in the ground 10 times to avoid getting crushed. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2016 at 6:41 PM, sioux rube said:

Vikes defense could be a special unit if they continue at this rate. Have only allowed 50 points and they have played 4 decent teams, one being in the Super Bowl last year. Eli looked scared all night last night and must of thrown the ball in the ground 10 times to avoid getting crushed. 

Decent teams? out of all the teams they have played, only the Packers were the decent team and they only beat them by 3. Carolina, Tennesse and the Giants are all terrible. Carolina gets the early season nod of being "good" because they were in the Superbowl last year but they are far from a superbowl team this year. The Giants have nobody on defense, no TE and no RB, so of course each team will cover their WR. If the Vikes are to but considered good, they need to clean up the stupid penalties, and their mistakes on offense.

58 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Decent teams? out of all the teams they have played, only the Packers were the decent team and they only beat them by 3. Carolina, Tennesse and the Giants are all terrible. Carolina gets the early season nod of being "good" because they were in the Superbowl last year but they are far from a superbowl team this year. The Giants have nobody on defense, no TE and no RB, so of course each team will cover their WR. If the Vikes are to but considered good, they need to clean up the stupid penalties, and their mistakes on offense.

OK, so who left on the schedule is "decent" then?  Eagles....Packers....then who else?  Vikings are a top 3 team in the league right now.  No one loos "decent" compared to them!!  Should be favored in the majority of their games the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Carolina is basically the same team as last years that went to the Super Bowl. The Packers are the Packers. Regardless I love where this team is going. But when they play the Eagles it will be the first time in my 55 years on this earth I won't be pulling for the Vikes. Family first.:D

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Carolina is basically the same team as last years that went to the Super Bowl. The Packers are the Packers. Regardless I love where this team is going. But when they play the Eagles it will be the first time in my 55 years on this earth I won't be pulling for the Vikes. Family first.:D

Clearly Carolina isn't the same team from last year because they are 1-3 (don't forget they let there best DB walk). I am not saying the Vikings are terrible by any means, I'm just saying that they need to clean up the dumb penalties and become a more consistent team on offense. If they did that, they will be unstoppable. 

13 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Wentz has such a bright future, and it is impossible not to like the kid. He would have more passing yards and TDs if not for some horrible dropped balls too. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

We shall see North Dakota's allegiances as the 5-0 Vikings head to the 3-1 Eagles in two weeks.

Of course I have learned from the experts on our blog that my judgement of players is biased cuz of where they are from, but the receiver from Detroit Lakes that we couldn't get UND to recruit, had 7 catches for 127 yds and a TD today in Vikes win over Houston. Also made key blocks in running game.