SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

On the discussion about Waynes, cornerback is one of the most difficult positions to adjust to from college to the NFL. Good rookie corners are few and far between. Joe Haden and Darrelle Revis really weren't all that good as rookies either. Most people had never heard of Norman for the Panthers prior to this year. I trust that Waynes will continue to adjust and should be a solid player in the next few years.

• Upvote 1

In Zimmer we trust 

The guy is going to be one of the NFL greats

Our defense is on track to be Super Bowl bound

Offense - now is the time to trade AP his value is up & we desperately need help on offense 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So when does the Vikings Schedule come out ? My grandsons play hockey down there this fall & I just have to see the new place

Do u think it will be hard to get tickets ? 

Even pre-season

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

So when does the Vikings Schedule come out ? My grandsons play hockey down there this fall & I just have to see the new place

Do u think it will be hard to get tickets ? 

Even pre-season

Usually in mid-April.  I don't think there is a set date.

On 1/19/2016 at 3:50 PM, Fetch said:

In Zimmer we trust 

The guy is going to be one of the NFL greats

Our defense is on track to be Super Bowl bound

Offense - now is the time to trade AP his value is up & we desperately need help on offense 

This post is why I enjoy living in Vikings country.  Season after season of endless optimism.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a life-long Vikings fan here . . . and this is the first time in my 43 years on this planet that

the words "they should be in the Super Bowl this year" ever came out of my mouth.  For as even keel as

Teddy is, though, he has to step it up for this to happen.  All of the other pieces are there, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 77iceman said:

I'm a life-long Vikings fan here . . . and this is the first time in my 43 years on this planet that

the words "they should be in the Super Bowl this year" ever came out of my mouth.  For as even keel as

Teddy is, though, he has to step it up for this to happen.  All of the other pieces are there, in my opinion.

We had better grab some WRs in the draft this year. We have used free agency to shore up the OL, now it is time to get some receivers to stretch the field and open up holes for AP and some underneath passing routes.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 77iceman said:

I thought it once.  That year, even our over-aged kicker was perfect through the regular season...

My theory is that a great qb can make average receivers great.

Average qb will make great receivers just average.

It all starts and stops with the qb.  By no means am I arguing, though.  Would love

to load up and get deep threat receiver . . . but it's only a threat if the qb can make that throw.

5 hours ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

The Brett Favre season they should have won the Super Bowl. They could have called about 10 roughing the passer penalties. If Favre was Manning or Brady, there is no way the refs would have let him take the abuse he got in that game. Game still makes me mad and I don't like the Vikings. 

And Favre was exactly who proved to me that a great qb can make average receivers look awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, 77iceman said:

My theory is that a great qb can make average receivers great.

Average qb will make great receivers just average.

It all starts and stops with the qb.  By no means am I arguing, though.  Would love

to load up and get deep threat receiver . . . but it's only a threat if the qb can make that throw.

So Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin were made by their respective QBs?

I am not totally disagreeing with you, but you have to have WRs that can gain separation and that force double-teams (Calvin Johnson). The Vikings don't have anyone on the field like that right now and that needs to change. Look at how average Aaron Rodgers looked without Jordy Nelson? You can't make wine out of water.

I can't say they were "made" by their qb's . . . but they didn't exactly play with poor qb's either.  Sure I'm generalizing and anyone can find examples that don't fit my "theory".  But i'll take a great qb with average receivers over an average qb with great receivers any day. Receivers don't change plays on the line of scrimmage and touch the ball on every play.  They are not the brains of the whole operation.  If a speedy receiver gets wide open it does no good if the qb isn't doing his job first.

How would Jordy Nelson look without Aaron Rodgers?  Rice without Montana? etc . . .

And you can't use Calvin Johnson as an example.  That guy was a freak of nature! :)

In a perfect world we'd all love to have the MVP qb with some bad-ass receivers.

3 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I can't say they were "made" by their qb's . . . but they didn't exactly play with poor qb's either.  Sure I'm generalizing and anyone can find examples that don't fit my "theory".  But i'll take a great qb with average receivers over an average qb with great receivers any day. Receivers don't change plays on the line of scrimmage and touch the ball on every play.  They are not the brains of the whole operation.  If a speedy receiver gets wide open it does no good if the qb isn't doing his job first.

How would Jordy Nelson look without Aaron Rodgers?  Rice without Montana? etc . . .

And you can't use Calvin Johnson as an example.  That guy was a freak of nature! :)

In a perfect world we'd all love to have the MVP qb with some bad-ass receivers.

I just think there has to be better receivers than what the Vikings have now. That is what the draft is for.

• 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Dennis Green died this morning from cardiac arrest at 67.

Always liked Denny, wish he could have won it all with the Vikes.

Sorry to hear of his passing, RIP Denny.

• 4 weeks later...