SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

On 3/14/2024 at 12:47 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

So there's never been a plan for hurricanes before????

Ever ??

In the history of the Air Force.... 

dooooohkay

No this is to create more and more of a basis for perpetuation of the "needs" to respond to  (Dr Evil air quotes) increased threats from the effects of global climate change to national security (Dr Evil air quotes)

And it's happening across the DOD and it's a complete grift on the American taxpayer

Heck we have an evacuation plan if a major hurricane effects the east coast and we need to bring the airline inland. 

On 3/14/2024 at 8:37 PM, Hawkster said:

I brought that very point up a month ago or so and it was argued, but I firmly believe those numbers are correct.  Fargo and Cass County are sucking the lifeblood out of the rest of the region.   I'm not saying that to be sarcastic or trolling, just pointing out the reality of the situation.   The only way to improve is to push for economic development and that's not easy.  Or cheap.

So they are building those homes and apartments for ghosts? Or just as a tax write off? 

I agree with you on the need for aggressive economic development and I like what Bochenski has tried to do. But the idea that Grand Forks is dying a slow death and emptying out is total nonsense.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, tnt said:

Didn’t know where to put this, but I see the 47th Avenue interstate interchange was approved.   Did anyone hear what the timeline is on that project?

Preliminary Summer of 2156

The project has been in the planning stages for the past seven years.  

https://www.wdayradionow.com/news/regional-news/75563-new-i-29-interchange-to-be-built-in-grand-forks

I'd bet they still don't have the money. And are probably thinking of having a car wash for a fundraiser.

3 hours ago, tnt said:

Is this pretty close to where Sanford bought the south end land?

Sanford bought roughly the whole half section of land that goes from 40th Ave S to 47th Ave S along the interstate, so yes, they own the land just north of where the interchange is planned to be.