SiouxSports.com Forum

What conference will the other Dakotas be in 2015?

SiouxVolley

Where do the other Dakotas go?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the other Dakotas go?

• Summit League will survive
    • Merge with the Horizon Leauge
    • The MVC will take pity on them and save the MVFC
    • Big Sky will take them in
    • The WAC will add them
    • Somewhere else. (make comments)
    • Independents except football

So what was your record against USD and UMKC? This has to be the worst year in UND athletics I can ever remember. Why don't you reflex on that awhile.

Our Men's BB program hasn't been great for about 20 years, so our fans have gotten used to it. But I think they are (finally) moving in the right direction.

What I said is a fact - worst year ever. It doesn't matter how I feel - look it up. When's the last time you guys never had a conference champ? Your "other" sports all are coming up last or next to it in the conference(s).

Your men's basketball team has had a whopping one confernce title since their transition and your two women's revenue sports are more or less a disaster. Is it true your volleyball team currently has 4 players on their roster? One would think you'd be worried about those instead of the time you spend on UND athletics and judging their programs. And I've seen some of your football players in the newspaper lately but it wasn't in the sports section. I see that Caillou has been all over getting to the bottom of those indiscretions.

For a team that has only made it to the dance once since joining the league in the fall of 2008 and since that conference has gotten smaller and smaller since March 09, they do an awful lot of talking but maybe they should show it more on the court. So a smaller conference with weaker teams (USD, UMKC) I would have expected a lot more dance appearances. Now before the Bison fans invade..no UND fans have talked so cocky about going to the dance like FU fans. We know we have a lot of teams to go through and even play the tournament on someone else's home court so why should we blab our mouth about how easy a trip to the dance is.

The same UMKC that UND lost to at home that NDSU beat by 19 and 37 points. You probably should just keep quiet about the basketball teams.

Your men's basketball team has had a whopping one confernce title since their transition and your two women's revenue sports are more or less a disaster. Is it true your volleyball team currently has 4 players on their roster? One would think you'd be worried about those instead of the time you spend on UND athletics and judging their programs.

Men's basketball has traditionally been pretty average at NDSU. The fact that NDSU has won a conference title in D-I is not too shabby. You'd also be wise to not talk a whole lot of game about NDSU winning the Summit only once, considering UND's (lack of) success against the Summit basketball teams. Women's sports are bonus, no one really cares about them unless the team is doing really good.

The same UMKC that UND lost to at home that NDSU beat by 19 and 37 points. You probably should just keep quiet about the basketball teams.

Men's basketball has traditionally been pretty average at NDSU. The fact that NDSU has won a conference title in D-I is not too shabby. You'd also be wise to not talk a whole lot of game about NDSU winning the Summit only once, considering UND's (lack of) success against the Summit basketball teams. Women's sports are bonus, no one really cares about them unless the team is doing really good.

I realize you play with the team you have, but If you are into footnotes, UND played UMKC two starters down with injuries ( including our All-Conference first teamer) and had the poorest free throw shooting performance of the season. That said, this is the same lineup that forced SDSU to throw up a prayer of a dagger from outside to win it in the final seconds in Brookings.

You might know something about the challenges of playing even one man down (Brauhn) against relatively comparable to inferior competition.

• Upvote 1

UND lost on a last second shot to SDSU in Brookings this year. SDSU was fortunate. We beat SDSU a year ago in men;s basketball. We lost to NDSU with some of our best talent not even on the floor this year. We did beat NDSU in men's basketball the year before. UND has beat NDSU 2 years in a row in Volleyball. UND beat NDSU in women's basketball this year. We have a 2 game winning streak going against NDSU in baseball. We play NDSU in men's and women's basketball in Grand Forks next year. We also play NDSU in Volleyball in Grand Forks next year . I guess we will see how those powerful teams from NDSU are next year. I think we play SDSU in a lot of the sports next year too . Hopefully our men's basketball team is healthy next year so we can make that 2 wins in 3 years against NDSU's mens basketball team. Isn't it UND that just came out of transition. Since NDSU is an established D1 program you would think they would do better against UND.

• Upvote 2

UND lost on a last second shot to SDSU in Brookings this year. SDSU was fortunate. We beat SDSU a year ago in men;s basketball. We lost to NDSU with some of our best talent not even on the floor this year. We did beat NDSU in men's basketball the year before. UND has beat NDSU 2 years in a row in Volleyball. UND beat NDSU in women's basketball this year. We have a 2 game winning streak going against NDSU in baseball. We play NDSU in men's and women's basketball in Grand Forks next year. We also play NDSU in Volleyball in Grand Forks next year . I guess we will see how those powerful teams from NDSU are next year. I think we play SDSU in a lot of the sports next year too . Hopefully our men's basketball team is healthy next year so we can make that 2 wins in 3 years against NDSU's mens basketball team. Isn't it UND that just came out of transition. Since NDSU is an established D1 program you would think they would do better against UND.

BUTSOFTBALL (which choked)

BUTTRACK (zzzz)

SDSU was fortunate.

UND also lost to SDSU by what? 30 or 40 last year?

UND didn't just lose to NDSU in men's ball, they got pounded. In 3 games against NDSU in D-I, UND has gotten beaten down twice.

UND is better at volleyball. NDSU is getting worse. Unless something big happens, I don't expect that to change.

NDSU and UND women's basketball are both awful...which is really too bad.

Baseball was a 4-game split. Nothing to get all excited about.

SDSU was fortunate.

UND also lost to SDSU by what? 30 or 40 last year?

UND didn't just lose to NDSU in men's ball, they got pounded. In 3 games against NDSU in D-I, UND has gotten beaten down twice.

UND is better at volleyball. NDSU is getting worse. Unless something big happens, I don't expect that to change.

NDSU and UND women's basketball are both awful...which is really too bad.

Baseball was a 4-game split. Nothing to get all excited about.

SDSU was fortunate to beat UND in their men's basketball game this year. I was at the game. SDSU was fortunate. NDSU got swept by SDSU last year in men's basketball. UND at least split with SDSU. NDSU got beat by 23 last year to SDSU too. You must of forgot that. In 3 games against UND in D1 NDSU was beaten down by UND once too. I promise you that if UND would of had all their players this year the NDSU game might of been a lot different. We will see what happens next year. Your right. UND is better than NDSU in Volleyball. Neither women's basketball teams are good. UND is still better. I guess that means NDSU is really really bad. UND did win the last 2 games in baseball this year. And I agree with you that if you are a Bison fans there isn't much to excited about.
  • Upvote 1

Wow - sounds like a moral victory speech - "who cares how you get there", "It's better to take the easy road". Those same trolls who talk about there only being 59 schools with Division 1 Hockey are talking out of both sides of their mouth if they prefer being in a six team basketball conference because it makes it easier to get beat in the first round of the NCAA tournament more often.

What he said! :cool:

What I said is a fact - worst year ever. It doesn't matter how I feel - look it up. When's the last time you guys never had a conference champ? Your "other" sports all are coming up last or next to it in the conference(s).

So you look at UND's sports after 1 year out of the GWC, while I took NDSU sports from the last 5 years. And I took one sport Dano it was men's basketball. You guys talk about the easiest way to the dance is a small conference but yet since Woodside was gone it hasn't been so easy has it? You Bunny friends may have the same opinion on you guys as they have passed you in number of trips. So until you can back it up on the court...keep the cockyness to a whisper.

weeeeeeeeee-little-pig-geico-demotivational-posters-12955377121.jpg

The bizons are really but hurt over this whole conference alignment thing. They viewed their two FCS pigskin championships as sure tickets to go practically anywhere they wanted (i.e. MVC). In their own minds, the bison mascot was now exceedingly attractive, any decent conference would want a date. Just raising up their green and piss yellow pinwheels would certainly attract attention.

geicoommcommercial.jpg

But, alas, found out both the MVC and Horizon really don't give a s**t about what the bizons have done on a pigskin field. Guess the pigskin barns had too many odors. Neither does the MAC, SunBelt, CUSA, or MWC have any kind of interest. All those "get lost" responses hurt Bison Dan's and his bisonville buds' feelings. It's like they were ticketed for being delusional. waah

geico-pig-e-card.jpg?w=610

But the worst for them was seeing how UND hockey was so desired in comparison. Danny Boy remembers how hockey schools fought to be in a conference with UND and Denver, and how UND and Denver got national contracts for their new conference, and they thought for sure NDSU could do the same thing with FCS football.

Buttfootball << Butthockey.

weeeeeeeeee-little-pig-geico-demotivational-posters-12955377121.jpg

The bizons are really but hurt over this whole conference alignment thing. They viewed their two FCS pigskin championships as sure tickets to go practically anywhere they wanted (i.e. MVC). In their own minds, the bison mascot was now exceedingly attractive, any decent conference would want a date. Just raising up their green and piss yellow pinwheels would certainly attract attention.

geicoommcommercial.jpg

But, alas, found out both the MVC and Horizon really don't give a s**t about what the bizons have done on a pigskin field. Guess the pigskin barns had too many odors. Neither does the MAC, SunBelt, CUSA, or MWC have any kind of interest. All those "get lost" responses hurt Bison Dan's and his bisonville buds' feelings. It's like they were ticketed for being delusional. waah

geico-pig-e-card.jpg?w=610

But the worst for them was seeing how UND hockey was so desired in comparison. Danny Boy remembers how hockey schools fought to be in a conference with UND and Denver, and how UND and Denver got national contracts for their new conference, and they thought for sure NDSU could do the same thing with FCS football.

Buttfootball << Butthockey.

Haha don't forget to remind them to apply cold water to burn!

I don't go on bragging about RPI's and dance trips like FU fans do. I hate to tell you, but do you remember that game against KU in the dance...because its really fading from memory.

Spin - spin - spin. Hey if you're happy that's great. "just came out of transition" kind of like blaming President Bush all the time..

I don't go on bragging about RPI's and dance trips like FU fans do. I hate to tell you, but do you remember that game against KU in the dance...because its really fading from memory.

It's understandable why a UND fan wouldn't brag about those things. You should be embarrassed.

Spin - spin - spin. Hey if you're happy that's great. "just came out of transition" kind of like blaming President Bush all the time..

I see you didn't have any comments on the state of your women's teams or the newspaper worthy action of a handful of football players. Seems to be quite a bit of attrition going on there. Three players leave in the middle of a playoff run. Another two are kicked off during the winter. Another one quitting because his scholarship was going to be cut for violating team rules. A handful more have been in the paper in the last month. Not much of a story or explanation on any of it though. Strange, buttfootball I guess.

I see you didn't have any comments on the state of your women's teams or the newspaper worthy action of a handful of football players. Seems to be quite a bit of attrition going on there. Three players leave in the middle of a playoff run. Another two are kicked off during the winter. Another one quitting because his scholarship was going to be cut for violating team rules. A handful more have been in the paper in the last month. Not much of a story or explanation on any of it though. Strange, buttfootball I guess.

Did the crack sports reporters that cover FU cover any of this or were they too busy shining Bohl's shoes (and head).

Did the crack sports reporters that cover FU cover any of this or were they too busy shining Bohl's shoes (and head).

Schnepf covers all the bad media. Calliou will never again write a negative article about NDSU. And yes, he more than likely shines Bohl's...never mind.

It's been over a week and not a peep out of Douple about this so-called plan that SDSU and some NDSU perps were insisting Douple had.

Fourteen conference games for the other Dakota's in basketball: they will be absolutely hurting for scheduling.

It's been over a week and not a peep out of Douple about this so-called plan that SDSU and some NDSU perps were insisting Douple had.

Fourteen conference games for the other Dakota's in basketball: they will be absolutely hurting for scheduling.

And since all of their non-conference games won't be at the BSA they will have to do a bit of traveling, but hey remember don't join the BSC because you will do a lot of traveling. Can't wait to see Saul's OOC schedule.