SiouxSports.com Forum

What conference will the other Dakotas be in 2015?

SiouxVolley

Where do the other Dakotas go?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the other Dakotas go?

• Summit League will survive
    • Merge with the Horizon Leauge
    • The MVC will take pity on them and save the MVFC
    • Big Sky will take them in
    • The WAC will add them
    • Somewhere else. (make comments)
    • Independents except football

I read this comment and it sounds interesting:

Could you imagine Mankato, St. Cloud, Duluth, Bemidji and even Moorhead State joining the SL? I think some die hard Bison fans would be begging all conferences (even the Big Sky) to let them in.

Could imagine it (except Moorhead), but just don't see it happening. The Minn St system just doesn't want their schools spending nearly $1.5 mill / school each as an entry fee to DI. The Summit League would probably have to pay that for them. Half of that Northern Sun Conference should just drop football (SCSU, Bemidji, Moorhead, Crookston, Northern, Minot, Upper Iowa) or go non-scholarship.

Sounds like all of the CAA, SoCon, ASun, America East, NEC, will be announcing moves in the next couple of weeks. The Summit could really be cooked if the ASun could grab IPFW and IUPUI. Don't see how the Summit could recover from that.

What are your thoughts on NJIT.... America East?

Sounds like all of the CAA, SoCon, ASun, America East, NEC, will be announcing moves in the next couple of weeks. The Summit could really be cooked if the ASun could grab IPFW and IUPUI. Don't see how the Summit could recover from that.

Hey now even if the Indiana teams leave the SL is still sturdy as a rock...have faith in Douple. (Okay even I can't say that without laughing).

What are your thoughts on NJIT.... America East?

NJIT probably gets offers from both the NEC and America East. AEC is a better match, as it is mostly public schools like NJIT. Most of the rest of the moves probably are for fall of 2014, not immediately in July.

Hey now even if the Indiana teams leave the SL is still sturdy as a rock...have faith in Douple. (Okay even I can't say that without laughing).

Douple and all the Summit Presidents are like a comedy routine: all rock steady (but in their determination of getting the hell out). Maybe Denver, SDSU, and USD can form their own league.

• 1 month later...

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/83083/group/Sports/

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV)-- Today could be known in the college sporting world

as Realignment Monday. 42 schools officially switched conferences; including three involving NDSU's conference, the Summit League; with

UMKC and league power Oakland departing, but movement is nothing new to this conference.

Gene Taylor- NDSU Athletic Director: I think Denver brings a really good program; and when I talked to their athletic director she made a comment; we knew; we sought you guys out and their are strengths that you have as a league that we wanted to be a part of it.

Saul: Travel is a major player in a league like ours because of where

we're located; you take a map of all the D-1's in America and we are

an outlier like of schools in this league are outliers; been a good

home for us; its an underrated league.

It wouldn't surprise me to see DU move out of the Slummit League after a year or 2.