SiouxSports.com Forum

What conference will the other Dakotas be in 2015?

SiouxVolley

Where do the other Dakotas go?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the other Dakotas go?

• Summit League will survive
    • Merge with the Horizon Leauge
    • The MVC will take pity on them and save the MVFC
    • Big Sky will take them in
    • The WAC will add them
    • Somewhere else. (make comments)
    • Independents except football

It always perplexes me how Sioux Falls media types apparently expected UND to leave football on an island, and join the Summit a few years back, all for the sake of putting the band back together...

The whole state of SD has a delusion of grandeur about the Summit and Douple. I would guess a large portion of this is related to the basketball tournaments being put in Sioux Falls and what seems to be more of an emphasis on basketball than football.

The whole state of SD has a delusion of grandeur about the Summit and Douple. I would guess a large portion of this is related to the basketball tournaments being put in Sioux Falls and what seems to be more of an emphasis on basketball than football.

Future SL members: Black Hills St, SDSoM, and Northern St. Gotta have a lot of SD teams to keep the tournament from moving out of state.

The Yote's took their lumps last year and had a rough year.

At least you can admit it. Just found it kind of humorous that after last year, you were trying to knock down UND. Though hindsight, since we are talking about the Summit, football doesn't apply (which in the grand scheme of things, is actually the reason Summit has a lot of the issues it does).

• Upvote 1

Wait a minute. I thought those schools along with USF were already in a football conference with UND.

And that Northwestern Oklahoma St., Lindenwood, Missouri S&T, California-Stockton, North Greenville, Southern Oregon, West Texas A&M, St. Cloud St., Augie and Minn. State conference was one to write home about, too. :silly:

I thought USD used to be in the same conference as UND. Hmmm? Seem to remember a classic choke by the Yotes in the Alerus Center circa 2011.

You know, A-holes in glasshouses shouldn't throw ... oh, for cripessakes, just forget it.

And that Northwestern Oklahoma St., Lindenwood, Missouri S&T, California-Stockton, North Greenville, Southern Oregon, West Texas A&M, St. Cloud St., Augie and Minn. State conference was one to write home about, too. :silly:

I thought USD used to be in the same conference as UND. Hmmm? Seem to remember a classic choke by the Yotes in the Alerus Center circa 2011

You know, A-holes in glasshouses shouldn't throw ... oh, for cripessakes, just forget it.

More like Yote players after a choke job shouldn't trash the locker room.

So a team that goes 1-10 talks smack about a team who played one of the toughest schedules in the FCS?

Fun fact. Yotes snagged a win against a playoff team. UND....well... ;)

Guys, I think PY was just joking......take it easy.......

Exactly.

But the folks in Fargo are sensible enough to see that keeping the Dakota schools together gives those institutions strength and leverage (something that North Dakota was not smart enough to see, but that’s more of a nightmare than a dream).

The Bison are further convinced to stay on board when UND pulls out of its ill-advised Big Sky membership and joins the new-era NCC, reviving a natural rivalry with NDSU in exchange for an invitation to join Missouri Valley Football.

Wow, the Brookings U and Vermillion U lackeys really are the just as obnoxious, red-headed little brothers of the Fargo U fans. :crazy:

OK so hypothetically speaking, if we were offered an MVFC and Summit invite, would we accept or decline? Wouldn't the SL actually give us a better shot at the NCAA tourney? I mean we can beat the best teams in that conference.

I just can't see the other schools going to another conference. I mean why and where would they? The SL is actually the best fit for NDSU, SDSU, USD & UNO. With Denver and us it would be a very solid core that may even attract back UMKC and other schools on the fringe. The geographic footprint makes travel a breeze. If I was Faison I would have to seriously consider it.

As far as the MVFC goes, if NDSU, SDSU, USD, MSU, WIU & SIU voted for us how could the other schools object? Where would the MVC football schools like UNI, SIU, InSU and IlSU move to? They have no other option then to accept us.

OK so hypothetically speaking, if we were offered an MVFC and Summit invite, would we accept or decline? Wouldn't the SL actually give us a better shot at the NCAA tourney? I mean we can beat the best teams in that conference.

I just can't see the other schools going to another conference. I mean why and where would they? The SL is actually the best fit for NDSU, SDSU, USD & UNO. With Denver and us it would be a very solid core that may even attract back UMKC and other schools on the fringe. The geographic footprint makes travel a breeze. If I was Faison I would have to seriously consider it.

As far as the MVFC goes, if NDSU, SDSU, USD, MSU, WIU & SIU voted for us how could the other schools object? Where would the MVC football schools like UNI, SIU, InSU and IlSU move to? They have no other option then to accept us.

At this point, with all of the instability of the Summit a move from a stable conference to one that's losing members is not a good idea. Maybe if the Summit gets stable but why bail on a good thing for something that might not be around in a year or two. Every school in the Summit would leave immediately if a bid to the Horizon league came. Why would UND even think about getting involved in a situation like that?

• Upvote 1

At this point, with all of the instability of the Summit a move from a stable conference to one that's losing members is not a good idea. Maybe if the Summit gets stable but why bail on a good thing for something that might not be around in a year or two. Every school in the Summit would leave immediately if a bid to the Horizon league came. Why would UND even think about getting involved in a situation like that?

The fact is that is not going to happen. At least not with the core schools I mentioned. Maybe the IU's, but those have always been looking. Everyone keeps saying the instability of the SL, heck it's been around for 30 years!

Future SL members: Black Hills St, SDSoM, and Northern St. Gotta have a lot of SD teams to keep the tournament from moving out of state.

Northern St would probably lead the whole Summit in attendance. If they dropped football and added men's soccer might have been a decent choice a year ago.

But why Douple and the Summit League President's just sat on their asses since Oral Roberts left is incredible to ponder. They knew Oakland was out the door too. Oral Roberts leaving was was what dropped baseball below six full members, so why they haven't acted for nearly a year and a half on baseball just shows incompetence on both the part of Douple and the rest of the Presidents. SDSU's Chicoine is the one who is in charge of the new members, so he's an idiot too or at best incapable of getting a group to decide on a consensus decision.

The fact is that is not going to happen. At least not with the core schools I mentioned. Maybe the IU's, but those have always been looking. Everyone keeps saying the instability of the SL, heck it's been around for 30 years!

You talk like the IndianaPurdues's are not core schools, but if you can do math they are. The NCAA requires 7 full DI schools to keep an autobid. The IP's are needed for at least five more years until more DII's can be added. Adding a bunch of NSIC schools will drive out IUPUI, IPFW, and WIll out of the conference. They want teams in their area.

UND didn't win a game against Summit competition last year. Lost to NDSU(real butt-whoopin!), SDSU(close game though!), UMKC(at home), and UNO. Summit usually seems to have 2-3 teams who can say they think they got a good shot at the tourney. Isn't the Big Sky similar with Montana and Weber?

SIU probably wouldn't vote for UND. They are MVC. Missouri State probably wouldn't vote for UND. They are also MVC. Some MVC teams don't like traveling to the Dakota's the way it is.