SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

NCAA Titles:

North Dakota 0

Minnesota 2

;)

Thanks, Captain Obvious. Hence why I wanted to go with the 2003-2004 season.

Try this one on for size, fs4l:

19-17-3

17-13-7

18-19-2

16-14-6

Do you pull the plug somewhere in the midst of that four-year stretch?

19-17-3

17-13-7

18-19-2

16-14-6

Actually I remember when there was talk about Lucia not getting his contract renewed....he brought back guenztel, got Potulny to recruit hard and now they are back and everyone has forgot about those years. Those two years where they didn't make the F5 were great.

Actually I remember when there was talk about Lucia not getting his contract renewed....he brought back guenztel, got Potulny to recruit hard and now they are back and everyone has forgot about those years. Those two years where they didn't make the F5 were great.

That's my point. No way Hakstol survives a four-year stretch like that. SiouxSports.com would be in total meltdown by year two.

Agree 100% on the Final Five those years - best Final Fives ever.

That's my point. No way Hakstol survives a four-year stretch like that. SiouxSports.com would be in total meltdown by year two.

Agree 100% on the Final Five those years - best Final Fives ever.

Not a chance....unless he had won back to back natty's the previous two years :)

Good God, UND could have won a natty for the last 13 years straight and some of you would bitch because we didn't win every regular season game. Unbelievable.

That's not entirely true. I think pretty much everyone here would be happy with 13 straight NCAA titles - but gfhockey would want the hammer put down on Hakstol if North Dakota didn't make the NCAA's in year 14.

• Upvote 3

Making the tourney every year, winning Broadmoors, and going to numerous Frozen Fours is not "mediocre."

Oh crap, I agree with a Gopher fan. I better turn in my Sioux fandom ASAP. It's pretty funny that the Minnesota fan is trying, or so it appears, to inject some logic and keep fans from jumping off the cliff after a split.

All in all, this is pretty damn hilarious watching this website blow up like clockwork after every single regular season loss and re-hash the last 10 years and why Hakstol should be fired immediately and replaced with one of the SS.com forum members.

• Upvote 1

nah I just don't think its much to ask given the resources and investments we have put in the hockey program to have a natty every ten years.

we generally have 1st pick at kids. its haks decision what kids to pick. he needs the picks to gel. who cares about draft picks.

hes gotta make adjustments

nah I just don't think its much to ask given the resources and investments we have put in the hockey program to have a natty every ten years.

we generally have 1st pick at kids. its haks decision what kids to pick. he needs the picks to gel. who cares about draft picks.

hes gotta make adjustments

gfhockey is right. With all of the advantages UND hockey has over 95% of the other D1 hockey schools, a ten or more year draught without a national title would be unacceptable. With the facilities, tradition and pick of recruits, draughts like that should not happen.

gfhockey is right. With all of the advantages UND hockey has over 95% of the other D1 hockey schools, a ten or more year draught without a national title would be unacceptable. With the facilities, tradition and pick of recruits, draughts like that should not happen.

Thank you, FU troll. Don't you have a sheep shearing class to get to?

I agree a ten or more year draught would be unacceptable, some might get a little skunky by then.

• Upvote 1

19-17-3

17-13-7

18-19-2

16-14-6

Okay Captain Thin Skin, I'll bite.

With 2002 and 2003 NCAA titles in the trophy case, I would not have pulled the plug on Lucia after that four year stretch. However, if Lucia hadn't made the changes he made to turn it around and was content with staying the course, I probably would have started making my list of potential replacements. Not making any changes would have told me that Lucia had lost perspective and that a change was needed for the good of the program.