SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

For the record Frattin was 10x the player

agree. Frattin could take a game over by himself for long stetches. Kozek never did that but he did have a great wrister. Favorite Kozek moment for me was vs Mich Tech. He went in the corner, knocked John Scott on his ass, then walked in and scored. beauty.

Favorite Kozek moment for me was vs Mich Tech. He went in the corner, knocked John Scott on his ass, then walked in and scored. beauty.

My Kozek favorite was his goal that sent the Badger fans home crying at the Kohl Center in OT with a trip to the Frozen Four on the line. :)

• Upvote 4

My Kozek favorite was his goal that sent the Badger fans home crying at the Kohl Center in OT with a trip to the Frozen Four on the line. :)

Good one for sure...I'm partial to his single-handed comeback against Denver at the Ralph. Scored the game-tying goal with a wicked wrister, then the game-winning goal (and for the hat trick) to put the Sioux up 5-4 after trailing 4-1 earlier in the game.

Andrew had a very heavy shot, but he seldom found the time and space necessary to let it rip. Note to the kiddies- you are better off with a quicker release and soft mitts than you are with a howitzer. Look at Parise or Patrick Kane- neither have a very heavy shot, but Kane's hands are just plain sick, and Zach just never quits and has a knack around the net.

I'd rather score 35 goals with only one or two 70+ mph water bottle shots than 10 with every one being a 80 mph bar down

Ryan Potulny put up massive numbers as a 21 year old in the WCHA....when Jonathan Toews was a 21 year old he won the Conn Smythe.

Played with RP all through my youth and into high school. He was the best 12/13/14 year old I ever saw (my bro played against toews in selects). But your comment is correct, toews is on a whole other level. What held RP back was his skating.

This group when they are clicking can beat anyone in college hockey but can they put together in a string long enough to win in a one & done tournament I don't know. PS Johnson & Rocco will have to go on a scoring streak for that to happen

Correction to above, JT started that year a 21 year old, but he was 22 when he won the cup...semantics

But the whole argument was that making the Frozen Four should be a given with talent like Oshie and Toews. I was only illustrating that as a 17 year old, Toews wasn't dominating college hockey, nor would I expect him to be the most dominant. He certainly was a high end player by the end of that season, but as the stats that year show, he wasn't head and shoulders ahead of everyone to the point where it should be a given his team makes the Frozen Four.

Who started this again?

This team is on the rise right now and they just need to keep doing what they've been doing for the past two months in order to position themselves for the big dance. Once the tourney starts anything can happen. Hell, we had a Quinnipiac vs. Yale championship last year! Let me say that again: Quinnipiac vs. Yale championship.

Can't you bummer inducing folks at least try to enjoy the present, filled with all its excitement and mystery? If we don't win it all this year, which is statistically the case for every single team in the nation, then you can get all over-the-top-reactionary and bring this topic back to life.

We only get one season a year. This one's exciting. Your whole sense of being would likely benefit from a dose of "sit back and enjoy".

we will make the tourney and be 2 and done....same old same old...

call me a hak hater all u want

im a realist

No, more like an i###t.

You're no fan of UND. Go cheer for someone else if it bothers you so much that Hak is still the coach.

• Upvote 1

I think the Sioux are on a roll. *Absolute mind numbing dip shyt* Looks like they have things set. *gggfhocy* Hope they keep it rolling. A split is ok. Get the sweep boys! Let's go Sioux!

if we ignore him he will eventually go away. responding to him falls right into his trap. he is a textbook troll.

I think the Sioux are on a roll. *Absolute mind numbing dip shyt* Looks like they have things set. *gggfhocy* Hope they keep it rolling. A split is ok. Get the sweep boys! Let's go Sioux!

Go away troll! We realists know this season is on life support!

#hiregfhockey

#where'sfightingsioux4lifetonite?