SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Mankato - who wins the cup??

AZSIOUX

Yeah Bucky has been playing pretty decent lately, won't be easy points there.

Taking off the green glasses I would say the Goofs and Clowns tie for the title a game ahead of us...Minnesota sweeps and SCSU and UND both split on the road...HOWEVER if we beat Mankato and Bucky beats SCSU Friday then both UND and Wisconsin (where did that come from?) will have a shot at the title and anything could happen, and the Wisconsin crowd will make things very unsettling for the Clowns...should be interesting.

What a great race to finish our last season in the WCHA, win two this weekend and let the chips fall.

Wisconsin in the mix for a title.....wow....no way. Whoulda thought?

Usually FSN does a pretty good job of being non-homerish on calls and missed calls. They usually say it like it is, so if it wasn't worth mentioning it probably wasn't questionable. Maybe Goon DVR'd the game? If he did we can get video of it.

Wally and Frank on the radio, however, is a different story :lol:

You can not be serious... nobody in the MSP media is not a homer... I will always remember how the media went on and on and on and on and on about Zajac's hit at the final horn several years ago. Then three weeks later a Gopher cross checked a guy well after the horn in a Denver game. No reply no comment.. just them saying Minnesota captain serving a two minute penalty for cross checking at the end of the second period. No post game analysis, no Gorg going on about how dangerous it is and how cheap the hit is.. MSP media are biggest group of in the bag homers you can find.. Hell, most Gopher fans I know admit it..

• Upvote 2

Usually FSN does a pretty good job of being non-homerish on calls and missed calls. They usually say it like it is, so if it wasn't worth mentioning it probably wasn't questionable. Maybe Goon DVR'd the game? If he did we can get video of it.

I wonder if Common Man accepts quotes from college hockey fan forums for his Preposterous Statement Tournament.

• Upvote 1

I did not, I tried to start the recorder from my iPhone but, that application is not working on my iPhone right now. I am not sure why?

I wonder if Common Man accepts quotes from college hockey fan forums for his Preposterous Statement Tournament.

The PST entry of the weekend was the BTN announcer that claimed after a little check on Rau,,, " and you know that was a good check cause Kyle Rau went down , and we all know Rau doesn't go down easy."............:|

• Upvote 1

Said Gwozdecky: "I can't say anything about the officiating."

The Denver Post

In essence, he is commenting on the officiating.

Do you know if there is video anywhere of the hit? I do think it is funny that this types of calls never seem to go against UMtc but I am not suprised by it either. Then again maybe they do and we as Sioux fans refuse to acknowledge it,

• Upvote 1

You can not be serious... nobody in the MSP media is not a homer... I will always remember how the media went on and on and on and on and on about Zajac's hit at the final horn several years ago. Then three weeks later a Gopher cross checked a guy well after the horn in a Denver game. No reply no comment.. just them saying Minnesota captain serving a two minute penalty for cross checking at the end of the second period. No post game analysis, no Gorg going on about how dangerous it is and how cheap the hit is.. MSP media are biggest group of in the bag homers you can find.. Hell, most Gopher fans I know admit it..

FSN specifically may have a bias towards the Gophers which is the norm for the home town crew. Same for Dick and Bert doing Twins games and every other media outlet who is braodcasting for the home team. I'll give you that.

But you couldnt be more wrong about the MSP media being homers, in fact the opposite is true. This is a pro sports town and the U is used as a punchline by EVERY columnist and reporter in both major newspapers. And yes even the hockey program, its not just the football and basketball teams. Reusse, Souhan, etc. They never pass up a chance to take shots at the U's sports teams.

Wow, I'm surprised. I didn't realize it was that widely broadcast. Since SCSU is in Sconni, I would assume that MSU will be the one televised then.

I get SCSU on a different channel and BSU on a third one. These two are both PBS stations. SCSU is on 87 and BSU on 391.

FSN specifically may have a bias towards the Gophers which is the norm for the home town crew. Same for Dick and Bert doing Twins games and every other media outlet who is braodcasting for the home team. I'll give you that.

But you couldnt be more wrong about the MSP media being homers, in fact the opposite is true. This is a pro sports town and the U is used as a punchline by EVERY columnist and reporter in both major newspapers. And yes even the hockey program, its not just the football and basketball teams. Reusse, Souhan, etc. They never pass up a chance to take shots at the U's sports teams.

Dick and Bert are terrible homers, agreed. And I'll agree with you about Souhan and Reusse. I'm a fan of Souhan. A lot of people around the city dislike the guy for being the first one ever to call out Joe Mauer and Ron Gardenhire in terms of the Twins. But he might be the one writer in that market that I have respect for. Hartman....meh.....Reusse....meh.

I sent an email once to Souhan after he got ripped apart for calling a spade a spade with my beloved Twins. He emailed me back the same day. Nice guy, hope he is around for a while.

Do you know if there is video anywhere of the hit? I do think it is funny that this types of calls never seem to go against UMtc but I am not suprised by it either. Then again maybe they do and we as Sioux fans refuse to acknowledge it,

The shot was weak and kind of stuck near/to the DU player who was crouched down. Then the Gopher player who shot the puck followed the shot and barreled right through the DU player potentially dislodge the puck, but more likely just to intimidate/hammer the DU player. At least that's how I remember it.

The shot was weak and kind of stuck near/to the DU player who was crouched down. Then the Gopher player who shot the puck followed the shot and barreled right through the DU player potentially dislodge the puck, but more likely just to intimidate/hammer the DU player. At least that's how I remember it.

Close, but you missed the part though where Parenteau pushed him over so hard that the back of Knowlton's head smacked against the ice. The puck was long-gone when the hit happened.

How is the upper deck in Mankato? Should be able to see pretty well correct? The rink can't be that big.

There's really not an upper deck, just a walk way that seperates the lower tier from the upper. The view from up there is good, like you said it's not a big arena.