SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Mankato - who wins the cup??

AZSIOUX

I believe there will be a webcast on AmericaOne though. I haven't confirmed that but heard it through one of these message boards

that's true. If you want to get on that, go to msumavericks.com and navigate through to either the hockey page or the Multimedia tab.

For those of you living in the Twin Cities, sometimes Comcast will carry the 'local' WCHA games on one of their infomercial channels...last weekend I got the St Cloud-Tech Series and they have shown Mankato as well this year...In the Southwest suburbs check out channel 23 (KABL) and you may get the game...the production is sometimes referred to as WCHA Hockey on Charter which I'm assuming is referring to Charter Cable...it's not a great picture but better than nothing...that being said, there are seven of us going down for Saturday's game...Go Sioux!

I live in the SW metro and it's true that channel 23 sometimes has the Mankato games on. But most of the time it just says its on and there's some infomercial instead. The only time I saw a game was one against the Gophers that wasn't on FSN. Imagine that.

Many were thinking that same thing about the BSU series though as well.

Not that I still wouldn't mind seeing it. :)

I think the big ice plus the fact MSU is not Bemidji will lend this series to be more wide-open. Not sure who it favors other than UND's top line.

that's true. If you want to get on that, go to msumavericks.com and navigate through to either the hockey page or the Multimedia tab.

Can anyone comment on the quality of AmericaOne webcasts from previous uses? I'd like to have an idea of it's worth before I decide if I'm going to spend the money.

Can anyone comment on the quality of AmericaOne webcasts from previous uses? I'd like to have an idea of it's worth before I decide if I'm going to spend the money.

The feed is as good as its source; AmericaOne provides the bandwith and streaming capabilities, which are good, but if the source video is poor that doesn't make much difference. I have no idea if the source video at Mankato will be decent.

The games I have watched on America One haven't been great. That being said I will be paying to watch it this weekend. Listened to Hennessy and watched once as the radio and TV were in sync. usually they're not. If you have a DVR you can sync them up somehow. Alot depends on who is doing the teleecast. Student productions are usually pretty bad. CC was terrible,terrible I tell ya.

The games I have watched on America One haven't been great. That being said I will be paying to watch it this weekend. Listened to Hennessy and watched once as the radio and TV were in sync. usually they're not. If you have a DVR you can sync them up somehow. Alot depends on who is doing the teleecast. Student productions are usually pretty bad. CC was terrible,terrible I tell ya.

Not as bad as Michigan Tech's version.

These are done by Bethany students. From what I understand, they received an award for their production. What that's worth? I don't know, but they won it this year.

Ha I don't have a TV, yet alone a DVR! But I'll probably just plan on radio unless someone in the live chat notes how amazing the webcast is.

AmericaOne is the service used by Big Sky TV. Feeds are completely dependent on the school's capabilities. Feeds for Montana State and Montana football were TV quality broadcasts as well as football and basketball for NAU but there were some stinkers also. No idea what Mankato has for video capabilities but there's a chance it could be good.

AmericaOne is the service used by Big Sky TV. Feeds are completely dependent on the school's capabilities. Feeds for Montana State and Montana football were TV quality broadcasts as well as football and basketball for NAU but there were some stinkers also. No idea what Mankato has for video capabilities but there's a chance it could be good.

Big Sky TV is pretty good, I watch about four games on that.

Anyone going to the games this weekend? Ill be there Saturday, should be a fun one.

Yes I will be there both nights. Friday night by myself and then saturday the family willbe with me. Bought my son a new Sioux jersey for the weekend. He would love to meet Kristo. He loves the guy.

I will be there LOUD and PROUD with my daughter in the midst of Section 200 on Friday.

Should be a fun night at Cell Phone Palace.

UND and Minnesota both sweep and end up in a Tie for the MacNaughton Cup after St. Clown salvages only a tie in a single game in Madison.

I'd love to see the MacNaughton Cup on display next weekend at The Ralph.

I will be there LOUD and PROUD with my daughter in the midst of Section 200 on Friday.

Should be a fun night at Cell Phone Palace.

UND and Minnesota both sweep and end up in a Tie for the MacNaughton Cup after St. Clown salvages only a tie in a single game in Madison.

I'd love to see the MacNaughton Cup on display next weekend at The Ralph.

my guess is if that were to happen, it would go to st. cloud being they hold tie breakers over both us and minny and would be the number one seed in the tournament.

If that was the case the MacNaughton would probably end up in Mariucci next week since they hold the tie breaker with UND.

You realized that both teams would get their name on the cup right? You would just get the right to host the last place team from Anchorage and UND would get to host either BSU or MTU....