SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Mankato - who wins the cup??

AZSIOUX

Mankato and North Dakota have 6 minnesota kids each. Interesting.

I think MSU probably has one of the more broad mixes of kids you will see in hockey. They've got kids from MN, WI, BC, SK, AB, MI, OK, MO, IL, CA, MA, Latvia, PA, ON, and AK. Lots of kids from juniors so they are coming from all over the place.

I think MSU probably has one of the more broad mixes of kids you will see in hockey. They've got kids from MN, WI, BC, SK, AB, MI, OK, MO, IL, CA, MA, Latvia, PA, ON, and AK. Lots of kids from juniors so they are coming from all over the place.

....and soon ND.

I'm headed to Cancun in the morning, so my weekend preview is up early this week:

Weekend Preview: UND vs. MSU-Mankato

Discuss. :)

Dave

The 2010 game had a Sunday game because a blizzard rolled into town after Friday nights game. On Saturday of that year the whole town closed down because of the blizzard. We stayed downtown and even the bars closed down early. Would like to see 3-4 points this weekend. Even Mettlers was closed Saturday! :sad:

The 2010 game had a Sunday game because a blizzard rolled into town after Friday nights game. On Saturday of that year the whole town closed down because of the blizzard. We stayed downtown and even the bars closed down early. Would like to see 3-4 points this weekend. Even Mettlers was closed Saturday! :sad:

I was there for that weekend, and was very disappointed for many reasons! I didn't make the Sunday game.

My first Mankato game was way back in 2004, UND won 10-1, Erik Fabian had a hat trick as a freshman. Good times in Kato usually.

• Upvote 1

Alright, predictions away for this weekend:

Sioux-Mavs: Split

Gophs-Beavers: Split....Beavers played well against UND, I think they steal one.

Denver-Anchorage: George gets a sweep

Wisconsin-SCSU: Split

CC at Tech-Split

Omaha at Duluth-Duluth Sweep

Alright, predictions away for this weekend:

Sioux-Mavs: Split

Gophs-Beavers: Split....Beavers played well against UND, I think they steal one.

Denver-Anchorage: George gets a sweep

Wisconsin-SCSU: Split

CC at Tech-Split

Omaha at Duluth-Duluth Sweep

I like everything I see here EXCEPT I see UND getting at least 3 points on the road. This puts UND in second by themselves.

I like everything I see here EXCEPT I see UND getting at least 3 points on the road. This puts UND in second by themselves.

I hope you're right. I'll be happy with a split on the road. Both teams have a ton to play for. Hopefully UND can weather the storm early because I think the Mavs come out absolutely flying.

I hope you're right. I'll be happy with a split on the road. Both teams have a ton to play for. Hopefully UND can weather the storm early because I think the Mavs come out absolutely flying.

I know they are going to come out flying, but are they going to be ready for UND.

I know they are going to come out flying, but are they going to be ready for UND.

Good question. I hope not. But when home ice comes down to two hockey games in your own barn you'd think they'd be ready.

Hopefully UND plays like the big bully of the WCHA, and gets 3-4.

I just can't see MN not sweeping the Beavers. Not only will they sweep them, they'll light them up each night. I'd say 4-1 and 5-1. That's what good teams do against horrible ones.

Bemidji is BAD. Which is why it was so frustrating (for some) that we TIED them at HOME. But what is done is done. Let's see what we can do vs the Mavs.

SCSU and MN share the cup and we finish 3rd is my guess, but they play the games for a reason. So we'll see.

This will be my first time in Mankato. What's a good place for good and drink? Maybe after the games fun?

There are several bars very close to the arena...an Irish pub right across the street and Mettlers about a half block away...don't know as far as food; we stop at Whiskey River in St Joes mid-afternoon and make a day of it...:) You can also get beer and mixed drinks in the arena. Go Sioux!

There are several bars very close to the arena...an Irish pub right across the street and Mettlers about a half block away...don't know as far as food; we stop at Whiskey River in St Joes mid-afternoon and make a day of it... :) You can also get beer and mixed drinks in the arena. Go Sioux!

The irish bar is gone and Whiskey River is in St Peter, but other than that..... :)

If you want pizza, I personally love Pagliai's. Downtown has about 10-12 bars in a one block area. For food there is BWW, Pub 500, Pagliai's, Rounders, and Blue Bricks. After the games, the Underground has 2-for-1s until 11:00. The bars of Front Street are all the same to me. They have different names, but it's the same people that go from bar to bar. It's a decent bar scene overall and has something overall.