SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Mankato - who wins the cup??

AZSIOUX

I was going to say...I've seen a bunch of MN pp points lately....that team lives on the PP.

And, if Bemidji starts tackling them next weekend, they will get the PP's, even if it's little Shep and Anderson.

I was going to say...I've seen a bunch of MN pp points lately....that team lives on the PP.

2-18 in the last 4 games. I wouldn't call that a bunch haha

2-20 if you add in the outdoor game vs Wisconsin. They were 3-4 in the Friday game at Wisconsin, though. Either way, 2-20 in the last 5 games is pretty bad

2-18 in the last 4 games. I wouldn't call that a bunch haha

2-20 if you add in the outdoor game vs Wisconsin. They were 3-4 in the Friday game at Wisconsin, though. Either way, 2-20 in the last 5 games is pretty bad

The one they scored on last night was HUGE though. I'm still looking for an injury update on DU's leading scorer. The back of his head slammed onto the ice pretty hard...not a penalty at Mariucci these days I guess.

The one they scored on last night was HUGE though. I'm still looking for an injury update on DU's leading scorer. The back of his head slammed onto the ice pretty hard...not a penalty at Mariucci these days I guess.

I honestly missed that play. I was switching between that and the UND game so I guess I can't comment on the hit your talking about.

I just think that the fact that it being called opens up the game so much more for Minnesota. Doesn't matter how Minnesota has been on the pp, the beavs don't want to skate shorthanded against an overly talented team.

PS: The putting the puck out of play rule will hopefully be adopted by college hockey. Should be a delay of game in all leagues.

I just think that the fact that it being called opens up the game so much more for Minnesota. Doesn't matter how Minnesota has been on the pp, the beavs don't want to skate shorthanded against an overly talented team.

PS: The putting the puck out of play rule will hopefully be adopted by college hockey. Should be a delay of game in all leagues.

Very true.

And yes, I agree. It gets extremely annoying watching teams just throw the puck into the crowd

I honestly missed that play. I was switching between that and the UND game so I guess I can't comment on the hit your talking about.

The homer broadcast crew brushed over it pretty quickly too. DU player took a stick below his chin which put him flat on his back....then the back of his head hit the ice. He looked pretty wobbly as he left the ice. Also, the third goal was scored on what should have been an icing call. Officials ruled that puck hit a player at the blue line before bouncing off the boards but it clearly did not. Doug McLeod, watching the game with his maroon goggles on, promptly noted that 'those breaks even up eventually in a long season'.

Denver Post article below describes hit on DU player...

http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_22707131/minnesota-gophers-pound-du-pioneers-5-1-wcha

Although I hate it in the NHL when it's obviously accidental, I'd rather have it called every time in college hockey, like the NHL. Certainly we don't want penalties left up to college officials judgment.

The homer broadcast crew brushed over it pretty quickly too. DU player took a stick below his chin which put him flat on his back....then the back of his head hit the ice. He looked pretty wobbly as he left the ice.

Usually FSN does a pretty good job of being non-homerish on calls and missed calls. They usually say it like it is, so if it wasn't worth mentioning it probably wasn't questionable. Maybe Goon DVR'd the game? If he did we can get video of it.

Wally and Frank on the radio, however, is a different story :lol:

Usually FSN does a pretty good job of being non-homerish on calls and missed calls. They usually say it like it is, so if it wasn't worth mentioning it probably wasn't questionable.

Read the DP link I provided and see if you think it wasn't worth mentioning...

Usually FSN does a pretty good job of being non-homerish on calls and missed calls. They usually say it like it is, so if it wasn't worth mentioning it probably wasn't questionable. Maybe Goon DVR'd the game? If he did we can get video of it.

Maybe not, but they certainly don't show replays of Gopher penalties, especially those that don't get called, while they always show opponent penalties and comment on why the were/should have been called.

And Denver is the one team besides the Gophers that seems to always have calls go their way; guess they were trumped last night. Gwoz will have to have a good old boy meeting in Denver this week.

And Denver is the one team besides the Gophers that seems to always have calls go their way; guess they were trumped last night. Gwoz will have to have a good old boy meeting in Denver this week.

The Gwozzer had four legitimate gripes last night...goal waived off, Gopher goal that looked like it was kicked in, Minny penalty not called followed immediately by Gopher power play (and 2nd goal), and icing not called that led directly to 3rd goal...

Heck, they don't even have to go on the power play. Just have some 3rd or 4th line guys get coincidentals, and that'll do the trick. 4 on 4 definitely tilts in favor of the gophers.

The Gwozzer had four legitimate gripes last night...goal waived off, Gopher goal that looked like it was kicked in, Minny penalty not called followed immediately by Gopher power play (and 2nd goal), and icing not called that led directly to 3rd goal...

While I wanted the Gophers to lose, I don't mind the Gwoz getting his due on occasion. This was obviously one of them

While I wanted the Gophers to lose, I don't mind the Gwoz getting his due on occasion. This was obviously one of them

His quote from the previously linked article in the Denver Post:

'Afterward, DU coach George Gwozdecky indirectly blasted referees Derek Shepherd and Marco Hunt: "I can't say anything about the officiating, so I'm not going to. I can't remark, especially anything negative, or there will be consequences. So I cannot say anything about the officiating. So please, please don't ask me about the officiating because I can't say anything about it. So that's all I'm going to say about the officiating."'

Welcome to life for the rest of us, Mr. Belding.

And, if Bemidji starts tackling them next weekend, they will get the PP's, even if it's little Shep and Anderson.

Agreed. I felt bad for Denver on Friday night....the refs were doing everything they could to give MN PP time.

If the hit I saw Parenteau make was on Rocco instead of a DU player, this place would be blowing up right now.

If the hit I saw Parenteau make was on Rocco instead of a DU player, this place would be blowing up right now.

Agreed. I think that comment of Gwoz getting his due was more in reference to the waived off goal, icing, and other crap calls (or lack thereof), not the hit on Knowlton. That stuff needs to be called, regardless of who commits it and who receives it.

That albatross around their neck will get awfully heavy come Saturday night if they lose in WI on Friday.

They've got to be feeling the pressure big time, this close to winning their first McNaughton. It won't be easy for them.

They've got to be feeling the pressure big time, this close to winning their first McNaughton. It won't be easy for them.

Yeah Bucky has been playing pretty decent lately, won't be easy points there.

Taking off the green glasses I would say the Goofs and Clowns tie for the title a game ahead of us...Minnesota sweeps and SCSU and UND both split on the road...HOWEVER if we beat Mankato and Bucky beats SCSU Friday then both UND and Wisconsin (where did that come from?) will have a shot at the title and anything could happen, and the Wisconsin crowd will make things very unsettling for the Clowns...should be interesting.

What a great race to finish our last season in the WCHA, win two this weekend and let the chips fall.