SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Mankato - who wins the cup??

AZSIOUX

my guess is if that were to happen, it would go to st. cloud being they hold tie breakers over both us and minny and would be the number one seed in the tournament.

If UND and UM sweep, they both end up with 37 points. If SCSU gets just one point, they only have 36 points.

You realized that both teams would get their name on the cup right? You would just get the right to host the last place team from Anchorage and UND would get to host either BSU or MTU....

I know that, if they have a 5 way tie all 5 teams go on it too. I'm not dumb. But if MN and UND tied at the top the cup would more than likely be in Mariucci next weekend due to them being the #1 seed

If UND and UM sweep, they both end up with 37 points. If SCSU gets just one point, they only have 36 points.

Yes, this was my math. I'm assuming the Cup will be in Madison as that's the logical place to award it (St. Cloud) this weekend. If there are ties, maybe it would make a road trip to be unveiled after the 1st round playoffs wrap up (Like UND did in 2009 and 2011). Can't recall when UND celebrated with the Cup in 2004.

I know that, if they have a 5 way tie all 5 teams go on it too. I'm not dumb. But if MN and UND tied at the top the cup would more than likely be in Mariucci next weekend due to them being the #1 seed

The tie breaker only applies for Seeding. I can imagine that the league would have the cup for one team one night, and then the other team the next night.

Yes, this was my math. I'm assuming the Cup will be in Madison as that's the logical place to award it (St. Cloud) this weekend. If there are ties, maybe it would make a road trip to be unveiled after the 1st round playoffs wrap up (Like UND did in 2009 and 2011). Can't recall when UND celebrated with the Cup in 2004.

They don't bring it on the road though, do they? Since SCSU is on the road wouldn't they award it to them in St. Cloud the following weekend? I guess I'm not positive on that one.

The tie breaker only applies for Seeding. I can imagine that the league would have the cup for one team one night, and then the other team the next night.

I know. I'm just saying that because Minnesota would have the #1 seed. So they'd probably have it there. It also wouldn't surprise if, in that situation, they had it at Mariucci Friday and REA on Saturday.

Or maybe they just don't show it at all?

I know. I'm just saying that because Minnesota would have the #1 seed. So they'd probably have it there. It also wouldn't surprise if, in that situation, they had it at Mariucci Friday and REA on Saturday.

Or maybe they just don't show it at all?

Maybe they just take their trophy and go home ;)

that point we left on the table saturday I have a feeiling is really going to come back and bite us. I just don't see us sweeping this weekend despite our recent success versus msum. I don't think we have lost to them since october of 2008. 4-3 mavs on fri, 5-2 und sat and we''ll see tech the following weekend.

that point we left on the table saturday I have a feeiling is really going to come back and bite us. I just don't see us sweeping this weekend despite our recent success versus msum. I don't think we have lost to them since october of 2008. 4-3 mavs on fri, 5-2 und sat and we''ll see tech the following weekend.

I completely agree, I think we get 2 pts out of the weekend. It's highly unlikely we'll get the cup, but we need to finish in the top 3 thats for sure. The last thing we need is to play a tough opening series against Duluth or CC.

I completely agree, I think we get 2 pts out of the weekend. It's highly unlikely we'll get the cup, but we need to finish in the top 3 thats for sure. The last thing we need is to play a tough opening series against Duluth or CC.

I am sure if you ask they guys on the team which trophy they would rather hoist above their heads, my guess is 100% would be the trophy they award in April, not any of the ones in March!! The McNaughton is a good perk, but I think the team is focused on one goal, and one particular trophy!!

I am sure if you ask they guys on the team which trophy they would rather hoist above their heads, my guess is 100% would be the trophy they award in April, not any of the ones in March!! The McNaughton is a good perk, but I think the team is focused on one goal, and one particular trophy!!

Of course, hanging a NC banner every year is goal number 1, always and forever (insert Napoleon Dynamite joke).

if we get the cup, we get the cup. I just want to finish as either the one or two seed to avoid the thursday festivities at the X as only once has UND advanced tot he frozen four after having played three games at the final five. I think it is stupid as the WCHA is the only conference that does this by the way.

if we get the cup, we get the cup. I just want to finish as either the one or two seed to avoid the thursday festivities at the X as only once has UND advanced tot he frozen four after having played three games at the final five. I think it is stupid as the WCHA is the only conference that does this by the way.

I've always hated the potential "6 games in 9 days" scenario, they have to be dog-ass tired after that and it makes me wonder if it affects them in the first round of the NCAA's.

I've always hated the potential "6 games in 9 days" scenario, they have to be dog-ass tired after that and it makes me wonder if it affects them in the first round of the NCAA's.

look at our 2010 squad, prime example of how that affects you. they were dead tired against yale.

This is why I am saying we need 3-4 pts this weekend. I want 1 of the top 2 seeds so they don't play on Thursday. Also because I am coming from Mandan on Thursday, so that is a rush of a trip on Thursday.

This is why I am saying we need 3-4 pts this weekend. I want 1 of the top 2 seeds so they don't play on Thursday. Also because I am coming from Mandan on Thursday, so that is a rush of a trip on Thursday.

problem with that is I don't see minny getting less than 3 against bemidji and st. cloud less than 2 against wisco which would still put us in third. we need the stars, the planets and the moon to align correctly to avoid finishing third. which brings me back to my earlier point of how damaging it was leaving that extra point on the table saturday.

Watch out, you'll be lectured on the importance of being satisfied with what we have now. :silly: