SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

Wow...Rocco's pretty hard on himself. Per Twitter:

"I was the worst player on the ice today. I did absolutely nothing and that is unacceptable. That CAN NOT and WILL NOT happen again."

Well, if he performs in the WJC as well as he has since blaming himself after personally "losing" that Friday DU game it could be a special tourney!

Maybe todays game made the staff rethink which guys to cut as they will not be announded today as was originally planned.

Chris Peters@chrismpeters

According to USA Hockey, cuts will not be announced until Sunday at 3 a.m. ET. It was planned to be annc'd today: http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/news_article/show/205370?referrer_id=707994 …

I'll give Rocco a break. He scored a goal that the doofus official didn't see go in right in front of him....doesn't matter in the prelims anyways.

If thats the goaltending the USA is going to get they won't improve upon their seventh place finish. Gibson was terrible. Not that a whole lot of guys played great. Gudreau had a lot of pucks hop over his stick in good scoring areas, and they missed the net on a lot of chances.

Glad they start out with Germany. Get some players going.

Watching the replay....cant wait to see the third because i havent seen anything close to terrible out of Gibson so far.

I thought so too. A lot of the goals were horrible screens and power plays and whatnot.

I think Gillies and Gibson are both good options. The problem is that the skaters took too many penalties and didn't score enough.

They really need to change something. Our best players weren't playing with any passion. That's probably why they pushed back the cuts, because they are telling the most talented guys that if they don't work their ass off, we will bring somebody with less talent that will.

The top line for the USA has got to produce. Miller-Gaudreau-Grimaldi. Way too much talent not to be a force on the score sheet.

That line struggled a bit with the physicality that Finland threw at them, but they had a ton of chances that hopped over sticks. I bet Gaudreau may have burned his sticks. Lot of bad bounces for him yesterday.

Sure it sucked that he bailed, especially since he could have been an oshie type player, but you guys sound like gopher/bison fans with how bitter you guys are that they jumped ship. Move on, they're young kids.

The problem with JT "Benedict Arnold" Miller is that he made a committment and then bailed right before the season. That is just two-faced, back-stabbing behavior. That being said, this is the World Junior Tournament and it's about Team USA winning whatever they can. If Miller can help them do that, then please keep him on the team.

I hope jt miller tears it up along with Rocco. All about team USA!! May be a tough path to medal and if they do, Rocco and JT have to have big tourneys all around.

Couldn't care less about jt bailing at this point. Big deal, UND is just fine and he is going to have a nice pro career. Go USA! This tourney is always great to watch

• Upvote 1

The problem with JT "Benedict Arnold" Miller is that he made a committment and then bailed right before the season. That is just two-faced, back-stabbing behavior. That being said, this is the World Junior Tournament and it's about Team USA winning whatever they can. If Miller can help them do that, then please keep him on the team.

The problem with Miller is that he is a selfish liar. Call me immature, fine. I have zero respect for him. I hope USA does well at this tournament. But it won't change my opinion on Miller. I'm glad he didn't come to UND. No room on the team for guys like that, no matter how talented they are.