SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

I think in the end Miller would have only been here a year and so I am past that, could care less, not a fan of the New York Rangers at all... Add to that, I am not really a big fan of the kid either, but I am not bitter... Turned out for the best...

• Upvote 1

The problem with Miller is that he is a selfish liar. Call me immature, fine. I have zero respect for him. I hope USA does well at this tournament. But it won't change my opinion on Miller. I'm glad he didn't come to UND. No room on the team for guys like that, no matter how talented they are.

Jason Gregoire a selfish liar too? And Colten St. Clair?

The kid made a decision. Good for him. It happens to all the top programs--and to others as well.

I hope jt miller tears it up along with Rocco. All about team USA!! May be a tough path to medal and if they do, Rocco and JT have to have big tourneys all around.

Couldn't care less about jt bailing at this point. Big deal, UND is just fine and he is going to have a nice pro career. Go USA! This tourney is always great to watch

Totally agree AZ. It's all about Team USA. JT changed his mind as many young players do. Of course the Rangers had alot to do with that but hey we move on. If he scores the winning goal in the Gold medal game,more power to him.

The kid made a decision. Good for him. It happens to all the top programs--and to others as well.

JT had a signed NLI, no? Did Gregoire or St. Clair? Just curious...

I think most fans are bitter at JT for bailing so close to the start of the season, not simply because he had a change of heart. At least that's how I'm reading the fan sentiment.

• Upvote 1

JT had a signed NLI, no? Did Gregoire or St. Clair? Just curious...

I think most fans are bitter at JT for bailing so close to the start of the season, not simply because he had a change of heart. At least that's how I'm reading the fan sentiment.

I think that is right. JT leaving when he did, left UND in a very tough place. You don't see fans dogging on Matteau as much as Miller, the coaching staff had over a year to replace Matteau, only a month for Miller.

• Upvote 2

That is pure apples and oranges. Gregoire was a flight risk following his junior year and everybody knew it. St. Clair was declared ineligible by the NCAA and had to wait a year. Miller signed an NLI, talked about how he couldn't wait to come here and then bolted at the last minute. He used us as leverage to get a better deal and then left without so much as a goodbye. Well son, I hope it works out for you, because if it doesn't I won't be shedding tears for you. :angry:

That is pure apples and oranges. Gregoire was a flight risk following his junior year and everybody knew it. St. Clair was declared ineligible by the NCAA and had to wait a year. Miller signed an NLI, talked about how he couldn't wait to come here and then bolted at the last minute. He used us as leverage to get a better deal and then left without so much as a goodbye. Well son, I hope it works out for you, because if it doesn't I won't be shedding tears for you. :angry:

I think burd was referring to Gregoire and St. Clair verballing to DU and CC, respectively, before ultimately choosing UND.

• Upvote 2

:huh:

It's true Gregoire and St. Clair were only verbals, but some would say their decisions were even more turncoat. College and majors are two distinctly different routes to the NHL. There is no interleague play, and a there is no return from major junior. To promise one college your allegiance then chose another is a choice between two teams playing the same game. A player like Gregoire can go on to hurt the team he decommitted by playing against them for his second choice.

I'm not criticizing players who change their minds in either venue. But to give guys like Gregoire and St. Clair and many others passes but to come down hard on Miller is not completely fair. Whether they are 17 or 21, they are kids making big decisions about their futures. They have to do what is best for them. Fortunately, we are fans of an elite program, so we enjoy the fruits of many of those decisions, including the decommits.

:huh:

Now I get what the reference was; I guess I don't follow all the recruiting stuff. I honestly don't care who verbals for what team, who looks like a "big, strong kid", blah, blah, blah. I would rather watch paint dry.

As for JT Miller, what anybody else did does not excuse his two-faced, back-stabbing decision. He made his choice and whatever happens as a result of that is something he will have to live with. Our program will continue either way.

Ok, i am watching USA vs Sweden today, is this pre tournament games?

Yes that's a replay

USA starts tomorrow vs Germany 9am est live - 8pm est replay

FRIDAY - USA vs Russia 9am est live - 8pm est replay

SUNDAY - USA vs Canada 430am est live - 8pm est replay

MONDAY - USA vs Slovakia 5am est live - 8pm est replay

Seth Jones sure looks like the real deal. Big, smart kid, plays defense first, but you can tell his offensive capabilities.

That he is! He and Trouba will be logging big time minutes I'm guessing. 2 special players on the blue line. Go USA !!

Now I get what the reference was; I guess I don't follow all the recruiting stuff. I honestly don't care who verbals for what team, who looks like a "big, strong kid", blah, blah, blah. I would rather watch paint dry.

As for JT Miller, what anybody else did does not excuse his two-faced, back-stabbing decision. He made his choice and whatever happens as a result of that is something he will have to live with. Our program will continue either way.

Ok we need to let the miller bashing go....in all I think we're better off without him. I heard from a great source that at some US summer camp he was cocking off about how he would sign with any team if given the right deal. He wasn't coming all along. He didn't even play for his ohl team this year because he thought he was too good....hes playing in the ahl as a result. Hopefully he plays good during this tourney because the US needs all they can get this year with the lockout loading the Canadian and Russian teams.

Ok we need to let the miller bashing go....in all I think we're better off without him. I heard from a great source that at some US summer camp he was cocking off about how he would sign with any team if given the right deal. He wasn't coming all along. He didn't even play for his ohl team this year because he thought he was too good....hes playing in the ahl as a result. Hopefully he plays good during this tourney because the US needs all they can get this year with the lockout loading the Canadian and Russian teams.

Edit: no I am not a fan of his but it makes our program better when high profile players consider us....either way we always have stacked teams.

I think you're right, even if he would have showed up I feel like he would have had one foot out the door all year and bolted at the first chance...it's his career choice but you can't build a program around a one and done player, I was irked at the timing but in retrospect it probably wasn't the worst thing.

I think you're right, even if he would have showed up I feel like he would have had one foot out the door all year and bolted at the first chance...it's his career choice but you can't build a program around a one and done player, I was irked at the timing but in retrospect it probably wasn't the worst thing.

I was very irked at the time....and through the entire year. After I heard some things about him from some kid that played on his development team I knew he would have never been a "Sioux-guy". I differ from your stance on one and done guys as they truly are a marketing tool for the program, however, they must be team players while they are here. Miller would have never been a team player because he plays for himself only.