SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Not to cloud the issue with facts August, 2009: Matt Frattin arrested for DUI. Charges were dropped.

How exactly does that work? I mean...if he blew above the legal limit, and was arrested...why would they drop the charges? Im not bashing or anything. Just don't understand what the situation was.

How exactly does that work? I mean...if he blew above the legal limit, and was arrested...why would they drop the charges? Im not bashing or anything. Just don't understand what the situation was.

How did Travis Beck not get charged with assault, after the fact? There are a ton of variables behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Well, a friend of mine was once arrested and charged with DUI - police said they pulled him over because they saw him swerve into the parking lane - charges were dropped because when reviewing the evidence the lawyer that was hired by my buddy had pictures of where the "infraction" occurred, and it was determined that the officer had no reason to pull my buddy over as there were no white lines indicating a parking lane so technically he was swerving within his own lane which is not a reason to be pulled over.

Now I don't know the situation with Frattin, but there are probably a lot of loopholes that can get a DUI charge dropped as demonstrated above.

Well, a friend of mine was once arrested and charged with DUI - police said they pulled him over because they saw him swerve into the parking lane - charges were dropped because when reviewing the evidence the lawyer that was hired by my buddy had pictures of where the "infraction" occurred, and it was determined that the officer had no reason to pull my buddy over as there were no white lines indicating a parking lane so technically he was swerving within his own lane which is not a reason to be pulled over.

Now I don't know the situation with Frattin, but there are probably a lot of loopholes that can get a DUI charge dropped as demonstrated above.

That would be how they do it... No clue what happened in Matt's case. I am not sure if there was a problem with the officer’s case, which happens with police work, sometimes. A good lawyer’s job is to find holes in the case as well.

• 2 weeks later...

According to KVLY Beck got 1 year probation for resisting arrest.....what's the odds he breaks probation like his former teammates and gets a warrant out for his arrest. Such a nice clean program at FU. But then again they are just another DII/NAIA school according to KSU fans.

Has Bohl said if Beck will play against K State? There is a young man from Langdon who delivers beer to our bar.

I asked him if he knew Beck. He said he did and he played football with him in Langdon. I asked if he was hot headed.

He said no. He said Beck was a good guy. Then he tells me he talked to Beck earlier that evening of the fight and everything was fine. It seem like the more bad press SU gets on anything the more they rally around there Football Team. Forrest Gump-life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gunna get. How true.

Has Bohl said if Beck will play against K State? There is a young man from Langdon who delivers beer to our bar.

I asked him if he knew Beck. He said he did and he played football with him in Langdon. I asked if he was hot headed.

He said no. He said Beck was a good guy. Then he tells me he talked to Beck earlier that evening of the fight and everything was fine. It seem like the more bad press SU gets on anything the more they rally around there Football Team. Forrest Gump-life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gunna get. How true.

He pled guilty. Not because he just felt like it. He knew he had to, because he was finally cornered into it.

Now, let's see if Mr. Clean makes him man up for his actions in respect to the football program, or if he'll coddle him like FU sees fit with their tier II football "heroes".

Come on..(sarcasm coming)...

He was innocent, he only pleaded guilty to put this all behind him and get the media off his back.

The Fargo police are out to get FU football players

When he asked the guy if he'd like to settle it out in the alley - he thought they were going to hug it out.

When he walked into the alley he had no idea he was walking into a fight.

When he walked away from the police it was because he was dazed from being pummeled in the alley (the fact that the other guy was found unconscious is irrelevent).

There is no way they had enough evidence to convict him. This was a trumped up charge. If he would have gone to court he would have been found not guilty but because he is more concerned about preserving the team and his school's reuputation, he took it for the team.

He's suffered enough, he didn't get his day in court. It didn't involve drugs (however it did involve violence - guess they let that slip)

It could have been worse - at least he didn't expose himself to children.

• Upvote 1

Come on..(sarcasm coming)...

He was innocent, he only pleaded guilty to put this all behind him and get the media off his back.

The Fargo police are out to get FU football players

When he asked the guy if he'd like to settle it out in the alley - he thought they were going to hug it out.

When he walked into the alley he had no idea he was walking into a fight.

When he walked away from the police it was because he was dazed from being pummeled in the alley (the fact that the other guy was found unconscious is irrelevent).

There is no way they had enough evidence to convict him. This was a trumped up charge. If he would have gone to court he would have been found not guilty but because he is more concerned about preserving the team and his school's reuputation, he took it for the team.

He's suffered enough, he didn't get his day in court. It didn't involve drugs (however it did involve violence - guess they let that slip)

It could have been worse - at least he didn't expose himself to children.

Yep, Travis Beck is a victiim.

Who cares what they do with him? They do things differently at the AC. We need to take care of getting ready for the season. I won't feel any differently whether they suspend him or not. What he needs more than suspension is to realize he has had some alcohol related run -ins which can happen but if you have 2 or 3 then alcohol is interferring with your life and you may need to avoid it. If you can't get through life without alcohol then you have a problem. What difference does it make to us whether or not he plays? They aren't playing us.

• Upvote 4

Discussing NDSU's situations should certainly be something we CAN discuss, considering they are the other North Dakota FCS football team and the reigning FCS National Champion. Maybe I'm mistaken, but since we can create multiple threads, shouldn't we be able to still discuss NDSU football issues, being that 90 percent of North Dakota kids would rather play football for NDSU right now than UND. I find that to be an issue. If NDSU falters, UND will benefit some from that. Ultimately, UND and NDSU are connected since they both are based in the state of North Dakota and compete for the same recruits and local support. Pretending that UND and NDSU are now completely disconnected and no longer competing in ways off the field is extreme ignorance.

Discussing NDSU's situations should certainly be something we CAN discuss, considering they are the other North Dakota FCS football team and the reigning FCS National Champion. Maybe I'm mistaken, but since we can create multiple threads, shouldn't we be able to still discuss NDSU football issues, being that 90 percent of North Dakota kids would rather play football for NDSU right now than UND. I find that to be an issue. If NDSU falters, UND will benefit some from that. Ultimately, UND and NDSU are connected since they both are based in the state of North Dakota and compete for the same recruits and local support. Pretending that UND and NDSU are now completely disconnected and no longer competing in ways off the field is extreme ignorance.

Never suggested anyone can't discuss whatever they wish. Making a claim that "90% of N. Dak. kids would rather play football for " the AC right now is not based on fact but maybe your version of "penis envy". I deal with HS kids every week in nearby Mn. and this is not the case for our kids and I doubt for N. Dak. kids. There is nothing in my post hinting that the AC is no longer a rival nor a rival UND fans would have interest in. What they do with some kid who drinks too much and gets in fights, is irrelevant to our program. I believe the kid has some warning signs for an alcohol problem and I don't think ragging on the AC coaches about how they handle this makes a lick of difference for the " extremely ignorant" like me and many others. I don't find it helpful to keep comparing what I do or UND does with others. You may think that you are better than someone else or they are better than you based on their mistakes but that is a shallow way of going through life and I don't believe leads to success. If the AC falters the entertaining part is the fan reaction. I am more into building our program back up to where we dominate our sister school to the south, and become a national power at this level. There is nothing in my post that even hints UND and the AC have no connection. I just don't believe if they screw up we will win be a better team. I guess I am just not that bright.

Who cares what they do with him? They do things differently at the AC. We need to take care of getting ready for the season. I won't feel any differently whether they suspend him or not. What he needs more than suspension is to realize he has had some alcohol related run -ins which can happen but if you have 2 or 3 then alcohol is interferring with your life and you may need to avoid it. If you can't get through life without alcohol then you have a problem. What difference does it make to us whether or not he plays? They aren't playing us.

Relax we're just having fun in the "Community" thread poking the trolls.

I'm not being adversarial (to you), but I'd like to know the facts behind the statement "90% of ND kids would rather play football for NDSU than UND". There are many factors that go into choosing a college for a sport - first off few within the state are at the level of FU and UND now, second off it actually comes down to an education for many student athletes with goals higher than being a signature gatherer.

After all that has happened with this case - being charged with assault and resisting arrest, being on front page of Forum multiple times and thus running the programs name through the mud, having surveillance video on the internet of your player getting in the fight, then getting the assault dropped but being charged with resisting arrest (for a second time)....after all that: no suspension. Nothing. Never happened in the eyes of NDSU or the Football program.

What happened to the "University will look into it and take their action as necessary"? Bohl is going down the exact same road as Rocky did.

From everything I have gathered a suspension begins at the DUI level for NDSU's program. Anything less than a DUI gets absolutely nothing. Correct?

This presents us with the opportunity to make a PG version of the F*&#$ the bison/gophers song.

Jail the bison

Jail the bison

Jail the biiiison down in Cass

Petition signers, drunken fighters

Jail the biiiison down in Cass.

• Upvote 4

This presents us with the opportunity to make a PG version of the F*&#$ the bison/gophers song.

Jail the bison

Jail the bison

Petition signers, drunken fighters

Now that is quality stuff. Can probably come up with a few verses....

Jail the bison

Jail the bison

Wardrobe malfunction, electronics assumption

• Upvote 1

Now that is quality stuff. Can probably come up with a few verses....

Jail the bison

Jail the bison

Wardrobe malfunction, electronics assumption

Jail the bison

Jail the bison

Narcotic dealers, street sign stealers

Or perhaps "steroid users, girlfriend abusers." But maybe we shouldn't poke fun at abuse :sad:

Jail the bison

Jail the bison

Narcotic dealers, street sign stealers

Or perhaps "steroid users, girlfriend abusers." But maybe we shouldn't poke fun at abuse :sad:

Not too bad boys but let's not mix NDSU players up with yours, OK? Thanks and enjoy the upcoming season.

Not too bad boys but let's not mix NDSU players up with yours, OK? Thanks and enjoy the upcoming season.

I'm fully aware some former UND players were busted for steroids, doesn't make it any less valid to include "steroid users" in the song. If you think there aren't former AND current ndsu football players who use/have used steroids then you're just naive.

I'm fully aware some former UND players were busted for steroids, doesn't make it any less valid to include "steroid users" in the song. If you think there aren't former AND current ndsu football players who use/have used steroids then you're just naive.

If the song is about NDSU football players getting in trouble, then it is not really valid to include "steroid users" in the song considering I can't recall any being busted.

If the song is about NDSU football players getting in trouble, then it is not really valid to include "steroid users" in the song considering I can't recall any being busted.

I recall certain members of the 80s teams admitting to the use of steroids. Again, if you don't think any of the current members of the team use/have used steroids then you're naive. Also, where was it stated the song had to be about ndsu players getting in trouble? The things they did get in trouble for are simply the most well-known, so that's why they'd be pointed out first.

Jail the bison

Jail the bison

That hot girl was out of Beck's league

Jail the bison

Jail the bison

Beck was a mess, resisting arrest

:p