SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

UND has a larger endowment.

UND has more ticket sales.

UND has a larger athletic department.

UND is the flagship school in the state.

UND has 7 national championships (and counting) at the highest level of college athletics versus zero with no real hope of getting a single one.

There's nothing to even discuss here.

According to the USA Today, overall athletic department 2012 finances:

Ticket sales Contributions

NDSU $2,915,196 $2,632,918

UND $3,889,681 $3,108,472

Out of curiosity, how are you getting those numbers? By my count, UND hockey brings in about 18% more than NDSU football when you combine ticket sales with seat fees.

Math:

(my NDSU numbers are pretty solid, but my UND numbers may be off by a bit since I estimated the size of your student section)

NDSU season tickets cost $125(end zone) and $175(sideline); single games are $25/$35. I estimate season tickets are split 75/25 in favor of sideline, and single games are about 50/50. I'm running with 12,100 season tickets sold, and about 1500 single game tickets per game. Those are conservative numbers since they only total up to 17,600 when you include the 4000 students while the capacity is actually around 19,000. That's 1400 missing tickets. But I'll stick with those numbers because I'm not sure how suite money is handled and how many tickets are reserved for family and recruits. Here's the equation:

[($125 x .25) + ($175 x .75) x 12100] + ($30 x 1500 x 6) = $2,236,250 or about $2.25M

For UND M hockey, I used a simpler system since I'm not as familiar with it. Regular season tickets are $390 and student season tickets are $140. I'm going to assume UND holds some tickets back for families, recruits and promotional reasons and use 11,000 as the total number of seats. I'm going to use a conservative figure of 2000 student seats(looks like more than that on the seat map), and I'm not going to separate out single game tickets since I couldn't find a current price chart. So this equation looks like:

($390 x 9000) + ($140 x 2000) = $3,790,000 or about $3.75M.

Adding together we get:

NDSU: $2.25M + $2.8M = $5.05M

UND: $3.75M + $2.2M = $5.95M

If I've made any major mistakes let me know, but those numbers don't look anything close to 50%.

A silly computation using these numbers is to figure out what the average seat is worth. You take the total amount raised between tickets and seat fees and you divide that by the number of total seats multiplied by the number of home games. Using that method, an NDSU FB seat generates $44.30 per game, while a UND hockey seat generates $25.76 per game. Just a little silly fun with numbers.

UND has a larger endowment.

UND has more ticket sales.

UND has a larger athletic department.

UND is the flagship school in the state.

UND has 7 national championships (and counting) at the highest level of college athletics versus zero with no real hope of getting a single one.

There's nothing to even discuss here.

Weird that despite having a "larger" athletic department, they have fewer national championships and the coaches aren't paid as well...

According to the USA Today, overall athletic department 2012 finances:

Ticket sales Contributions

NDSU $2,915,196 $2,632,918

UND $3,889,681 $3,108,472

Interesting. We can't use the ticket sales figures because they include all ticket revenue and the conversation to this point was about UND hockey vs. NDSU football, but the contributions figure is odd. The NDSU figure isn't too far off from the number previously reported, but the UND figure from USA Today is way off from the number on UND's website($3.1M vs. $2.2M). The contribution figure must include revenue beyond seat fees(i.e. non Champions Club money).

Weird that despite having a "larger" athletic department, they have fewer national championships and the coaches aren't paid as well...

7>0... At the highest level of college sports...with no hope of ever changing zero to one. (BTW, Hakstol makes twice what Mr. Clean makes...because he coaches the premier athletic program in North Dakota...)

Face reality. Or continue your ignorance while worshiping the "student" athletes at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences.

Now, go fund raise some bail money for your "student" athletes.

7>0... At the highest level of college sports...with no hope of ever changing zero to one. (BTW, Hakstol makes twice what Mr. Clean makes...because he coaches the premier athletic program in North Dakota...)

Face reality. Or continue your ignorance while worshiping the "student" athletes at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences.

Now, go fund raise some bail money for your "student" athletes.

You're the only one that worships athletes - hockey that is. I wonder what the hockey hazing will be like this year? Maybe rum suppositories just to shake things up!

You're the only one that worships athletes - hockey that is. I wonder what the hockey hazing will be like this year? Maybe rum suppositories just to shake things up!

hmm...

Is that a suggestion from personal experience?

I'd say hilarious, but in reality it isn't. "Student" athletes like those that the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences think that honor is only won on the playing field. They are as delusional as their fans.

For a teachers college you sure talk alot.

Interesting UND is not listed as far as I could see.

I'd imagine they mainly pick up stuff that makes it on to the bigger sites (ESPN, FoxSports, etc), hence the reason the voter fraud gang is on there and not much else. Not sure how the site picked up the baseball player, (un)lucky guy.

Both schools would be more than represented if all the MIC's showed up.

Please God let these next 4 weeks go quickly. I don't know if I can handle anymore of this meaningless offseason junk. It's the same crap every year.

No offense, but you don't actually need to be here, you can go read Belligerentvile and have a love fest with like-minded folks down there.

• Upvote 1

No offense, but you don't actually need to be here, you can go read Belligerentvile and have a love fest with like-minded folks down there.

I think they come here because it's the only way they can be associated with the flagship university in the state of North Dakota.

Otherwise, it's just home ec, farm reports and tractor repair manuals for them...

I think they come here because it's the only way they can be associated with the flagship university in the state of North Dakota.

Otherwise, it's just home ec, farm reports and tractor repair manuals for them...

Rather strange that you are either from North Dakota, or went to school in North Dakota, and rag on the thing our state is best known for.

Rather strange that you are either from North Dakota, or went to school in North Dakota, and rag on the thing our state is best known for.

Home economics?

Maybe you should update the North Dakota Wikipedia page then...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408211/

FARGO – A starting linebacker with the North Dakota State University football team is set to plead guilty to resisting arrest charges later this month.

The guilty plea to the misdemeanor charge would come after prosecutors dropped a more serious felony assault charge against Travis Beck, 21.

Loos said that since Beck has no prior convictions, he is likely to receive a fine and no jail time as part of his sentence.

Beck was recently reinstated to the Bison football team after an indefinite suspension following his aggravated assault charges, according to coach Craig Bohl.