SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Who cares. honestly. You guys pack out the Fargodome. We don't pack out the ALerus. Do you want a gold star for being such great fans?!! We get it. You are a better team with better players and better tailgating and better fans. Happy??!!

The day UND drops sports and boards up all the buildings on campus then they might be happy...of course they then will find something else to compare themselves to just to make them feel better.

• Upvote 1

The day UND drops sports and boards up all the buildings on campus then they might be happy...of course they then will find something else to compare themselves to just to make them feel better.

Oh the irony...

I would venture to say North Dakota hockey is a bigger revenue producer than FU football?

UND hockey

8000 season tickets x $390 / ticket + 4000 x $360 for Century Club (Century Club gives rights to two tickets) = 3,120,000 to REA + 1,440,000 to UND Champion Club (higher levels offer more tickets / membership and yields more $'s)

3000 student season tickets x $140 = $420,000

at least $5 M to REA and UND Champions Club (doesn't include concessions or parking or advertising)

NDSU football

12,100 season tickets x $150 (average) + 6050 x $50 for Teammakers = 1,770,000 ticket sales + 600,000 for teammakers (doesn't include higher Team Maker levels)

1600 single game tickets x $35 x 5 games =8000 tickets x $35 = $280,000

Rest student tickets for free.

At least $2.5 mill to NDSU athletics and Team Makers (doesn't include concessions, parking, advertising, or tailgating, Team Makers number is unquestionably higher, but so is the hockey value to UND Champions Club)

So UND hockey has nearly twice the economic value. Plus, UND hockey players are high level stars at their level as evidenced by their draft selection position. NDSU players rarely are drafted, and if they have a pro future, it is as undrafted free agents or in arena leagues with dashers.

• Upvote 1

money stuff

Last year(2012-13), the Champions Club donated $2.4M to UND athletics. The vast bulk of that came from hockey priority seating fees.

http://www.undsports...DB_OEM_ID=13500

NDSU Team Makers brought in $2.2M in 2011-12, and I think they brought in $2.5M last year, but I'm having problems confirming that. The vast bulk of that money comes from football priority seating fees.

edit: It actually looks like it was $2.8M last year. http://www.bisonillustrated.com/2013/02/athletic-direction-with-gene-taylor/

Neither number includes the price of the ticket itself.

Just throwing out some hard and accurate numbers for the debate. Carry on.

I would venture to say North Dakota hockey is a bigger revenue producer than FU football?

UND hockey

8000 season tickets x $390 / ticket + 4000 x $360 for Century Club (Century Club gives rights to two tickets) = 3,120,000 to REA + 1,440,000 to UND Champion Club (higher levels offer more tickets / membership and yields more $'s)

3000 student season tickets x $140 = $420,000

at least $5 M to REA and UND Champions Club (doesn't include concessions or parking or advertising)

NDSU football

12,100 season tickets x $150 (average) + 6050 x $50 for Teammakers = 1,770,000 ticket sales + 600,000 for teammakers (doesn't include higher Team Maker levels)

1600 single game tickets x $35 x 5 games =8000 tickets x $35 = $280,000

Rest student tickets for free.

At least $2.5 mill to NDSU athletics and Team Makers (doesn't include concessions, parking, advertising, or tailgating, Team Makers number is unquestionably higher, but so is the hockey value to UND Champions Club)

So UND hockey has nearly twice the economic value. Plus, UND hockey players are high level stars at their level as evidenced by their draft selection position. NDSU players rarely are drafted, and if they have a pro future, it is as undrafted free agents or in arena leagues with dashers.

Should be relatively close. UND gets a lot more home games. NDSU benefits from 7,000 or so more seats.

Looks like hammersmith took care of it now that I take a peek. The numbers may or may not disappoint some folks around here.

Should be relatively close. UND gets a lot more home games. NDSU benefits from 7,000 or so more seats.

Looks like hammersmith took care of it now that I take a peek. The numbers may or may not disappoint some folks around here.

Always in denial with the "relatively close song and dance". UND hockey ticket sales are more than double NDSU football ticket sales. When priority seating rights are added, still more than 50% higher.

If Team Makers actually had links that weren't broken, would have had the $100 Bison Club membership correct.

Looks like Travis Beck was at Bison practice today. Dressed but didn't practice so I guess that resisiting arrest charge (2nd one) disappeared and Beck is re-instated?

Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY 3h

#NDSU HC Craig Bohl on Travis Beck: "He's still on the team; he suited up today but have concerns on his head has concussion-like symptoms"

Looks like Travis Beck was at Bison practice today. Dressed but didn't practice so I guess that resisiting arrest charge (2nd one) disappeared and Beck is re-instated?

Won't miss a game. Bohl could take a lesson from Urban Meyer.

Always in denial with the "relatively close song and dance". UND hockey ticket sales are more than double NDSU football ticket sales. When priority seating rights are added, still more than 50% higher.

If Team Makers actually had links that weren't broken, would have had the $100 Bison Club membership correct.

Out of curiosity, how are you getting those numbers? By my count, UND hockey brings in about 18% more than NDSU football when you combine ticket sales with seat fees.

Math:

(my NDSU numbers are pretty solid, but my UND numbers may be off by a bit since I estimated the size of your student section)

NDSU season tickets cost $125(end zone) and $175(sideline); single games are $25/$35. I estimate season tickets are split 75/25 in favor of sideline, and single games are about 50/50. I'm running with 12,100 season tickets sold, and about 1500 single game tickets per game. Those are conservative numbers since they only total up to 17,600 when you include the 4000 students while the capacity is actually around 19,000. That's 1400 missing tickets. But I'll stick with those numbers because I'm not sure how suite money is handled and how many tickets are reserved for family and recruits. Here's the equation:

[($125 x .25) + ($175 x .75) x 12100] + ($30 x 1500 x 6) = $2,236,250 or about $2.25M

For UND M hockey, I used a simpler system since I'm not as familiar with it. Regular season tickets are $390 and student season tickets are $140. I'm going to assume UND holds some tickets back for families, recruits and promotional reasons and use 11,000 as the total number of seats. I'm going to use a conservative figure of 2000 student seats(looks like more than that on the seat map), and I'm not going to separate out single game tickets since I couldn't find a current price chart. So this equation looks like:

($390 x 9000) + ($140 x 2000) = $3,790,000 or about $3.75M.

Adding together we get:

NDSU: $2.25M + $2.8M = $5.05M

UND: $3.75M + $2.2M = $5.95M

If I've made any major mistakes let me know, but those numbers don't look anything close to 50%.

A silly computation using these numbers is to figure out what the average seat is worth. You take the total amount raised between tickets and seat fees and you divide that by the number of total seats multiplied by the number of home games. Using that method, an NDSU FB seat generates $44.30 per game, while a UND hockey seat generates $25.76 per game. Just a little silly fun with numbers.

Wow, the only threads on this board that get alot of replies have something to do with the NDSU BISON.The jealous nature, hatred, little man syndrome, and obsession with anything to do with anything Bison is at heights I haven't seen with other forums anywhere and I am on alot of boards as I am a huge college football fan. As an outsider to this boards fans one sided rivalry, you make people who dont want to pick a side, pick a side, and this board is a screaming endorsement to pick the Bison. Drop all this crybaby !@#$, act like I hope the student athletes act and try to bring up the athletic program, the football program, and the university itself. Bitching and moaning about past issues with other programs doesn't do this program any good and drives neutral people to the other side. All this anti Bison crap makes you come across like self entitled momma's boys. So many threads on this board end up talking about the Bison. This is just another Bison sight, like a anti-bisonville, but still about the bison. And with publicity, bad publicity is always better than no publicity. Try bringing up threads that promote UND FOOTBALL, they need your help and support, they are a bottom half FCS team that needs a positive fan base. The Bison are 2 time defending champs they are doing just fine with or without what happens on this little board.

My god man....A guy from Ohio names his cancer "Michigan" and this is the worst you've ever seen?

You must not have visited any forums for like Florida State-Florida, Auburn-Alabama, A&M-Texas, Ohio State-Michigan....

Non-biased outsider.....hahahahahahahaha. Yeah. Its okay to post as a bison fan, plenty around here.

Instead of comparing the number of people at the games, why not compair who goes to the games. I have met many NDSU students and fans that love Sioux hockey and have made trips to see them play in Col. How many UND fans and students cheer on NDSU or have made a trip to see them play somewhere in the country?

Instead of comparing the number of people at the games, why not compair who goes to the games. I have met many NDSU students and fans that love Sioux hockey and have made trips to see them play in Col. How many UND fans and students cheer on NDSU or have made a trip to see them play somewhere in the country?

Since NDSU doesn't have hockey I can see that but what sport would UND cheer for NDSU in??? Wrestling?

Brought a UND student to the Colorado State game last year. Have a few UND students ask me if I can snag them football tickets at the dome.

Ok, nationally do we see more UND hockey fans or NDSU football fans? Who has more shorts and hats sold nationally.

UND should be able to sell more nationally. D-I hockey is limited to what. 60 or so teams? I imagine most hockey fans in general have a favorite college team. UND is one of the big players in college hockey and should result in having some merchandise sold.