SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Better yet let's save the trolls some time:

The cops in Fargo are corrupt and have it in for the FU football team

He was lured into the alley and beaten up - he was the victim

He wasn't resisting arrest he was dazed and confused from the beating he took

It is just a misdeameanor - no worse than exposing yourself to children or falsifying names on a state petition

The Best Buy scandal took that school to a whole other level. Think that program needs scandals to motivate the players (otherwise they know they are scum, so a game situation is their only chance to win back "honor") and to motivate the fans (they demand some level of redemption in supporting a rougue programl). The fans should be embarassed but only become more defensive and more accusatory to other programs.

For a teachers college you sure talk alot.

Uh, no.

UND has never been a teachers college (or in the past vernacular "normal school").

It is, by State Constitution, a state controlled university and school of mines. NDSU is an agricultural college.*

However, UND does grant degrees in Education through the PhD level.

NDSU offers education degrees but if you look closely you'll see the faculty comes in from Valley City State University (formerly a normal school). NDSU can't educate teachers by itself. It needs help (from VCSU no less).

Meanwhile, UND is creating doctors, and lawyers, and other professional degrees.

*Bolded words are quotes from the ND State Constitution, Article VIII, Section 6.1.a and b.

Uh, no.

UND has never been a teachers college (or in the past vernacular "normal school").

It is, by State Constitution, a state controlled university and school of mines. NDSU is an agricultural college.*

NDSU offers education degrees but if you look closely you'll see the faculty comes in from Valley City State University (formerly a normal school). NDSU can't educate teachers by itself. It needs help (from VCSU no less).

Meanwhile, UND is creating doctors, and lawyers, and other professional degrees.

*Bolded words are quotes from the ND State Constitution, Article VIII, Section 6.1.a and b.

Ummm...Whammy! :)

Uh, no.

Eh, just for the record NDSU also offers education degrees through the PhD level. And the VCSU crap is only elementary ed because of state politics. Secondary degrees(middle school & high school) are solely from NDSU. Not that it really matters, but it only takes me a few seconds to write the post and it's a common misunderstanding.

Uh, no.

Your largest college is for educating teachers. What else would you call your university?

Your largest college is for educating teachers. What else would you call your university?

I don't know what this has to do with the thread topic, but actually, no, Dan, the College of Education is the 7th largest college/school at UND, ahead of only Law and the medical school. Again, I don't know what it proves, but there it is.

I don't know what this has to do with the thread topic, but actually, no, Dan, the College of Education is the 7th largest college/school at UND, ahead of only Law and the medical school. Again, I don't know what it proves, but there it is.

You should know by now that Dan doesn't let facts get in the way when he thinks he has a good argument. Anything to change the subject away from more news about an FU player and their run in's with the law.

• Upvote 1

As Teeder pointed out, UND's College of Education and Human Development is not the largest college at UND.

So you can learn more about your obsession, here's the data:

http://und.edu/research/institutional-research/_files/docs/factbook/2012/2012-s8-headcountcollege.pdf

As Teeder pointed out, UND's College of Education and Human Development is not the largest college at UND.

So you can learn more about your obsession, here's the data:

http://und.edu/resea...ountcollege.pdf

I don't think that math is his strong suit.

Some advice for Dan from a very wise man. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

160f199ceb064e46f0a80143406e291c_normal.jpegJeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER1h

NDSU HC Craig Bohl said DT Leevon Perry will plead guilty to DUI and be suspended for season opener.

Expand

UND football needs to relax their suspension rules. They have been suspending players one game for missing a single class check. Happened multiple times in the past two seasons. If DUI's are a one gamer then missing class check should be a quarter or half-game, IMO.

UND football needs to relax their suspension rules. They have been suspending players one game for missing a single class check. Happened multiple times in the past two seasons. If DUI's are a one gamer then missing class check should be a quarter or half-game, IMO.

UND has higher discipline standards... Faison has seen to it. NDSU's football program takes a win at all cost approach. Bohl probably had no choice in this matter.

My personal prediction will be that Travis Beck will get suspended for the first game (now that he hurt his shoulder). Also, one poster on the BV board said that Perry was iffy on playing vs. KSU, even though Bohl said he was "playable" - which means he wasn't 100%.

My personal prediction will be that Travis Beck will get suspended for the first game (now that he hurt his shoulder). Also, one poster on the BV board said that Perry was iffy on playing vs. KSU, even though Bohl said he was "playable" - which means he wasn't 100%.

I read that too, Bohl comes out of this smelling like roses because he is benching a hurt player during an FBS game. Wow, maybe Fargo will throw him a parade.

Now some people on BV is defending Perry's decision to drink and drive. All i can say is....wow!!!

http://www.bisonvill...or-Opener/page7

its unfortunate but he probably didn't put anyone in danger and yes 1 in 7 in Minnesota has a dui cops love giving them out.

DUI laws are more about generating revenue than saving lives. If DUI laws laws really about saving lives, we would not allow eating in cars, take out the radios, and regulate the adult to kid ratio.

I don't think that math is his strong suit.

Some advice for Dan from a very wise man. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

Well, falsifying information and inappropriate behavior is a specialty at the University of Agriculture, Applied Sciences and Home Economics...

http://haergar06.wordpress.com/2008/03/30/ndsu-is-finally-on-the-national-stage-for-all-the-wrong-reasons/

BV is now comparing UND athletes in trouble with NDSU. Here is their list of UND players in trouble with the law.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30630-Perry-Suspended-for-Opener/page9

July, 2003: Jake Brandt arrested for theft.

August, 2006: Captain Matt Greene arrested for DUI.

July, 2006: Robbie Bina arrested for DUI.

September, 2006: Joe Finley arrested for loud party.

November, 2006: Jonathan Toews charged with minor in consumption and loud party.

February, 2007: Jonathan Toews, TJ Oshie, and Robbie Bina arrested in Judy's Tavern for minors in possssion.

December, 2007: TJ Oshie arrested for disorderly conduct for peeing in an elevator.

July, 2009: Joe Finley and Matt Frattin for disorderly conduct, fleeing from police, and giving false information.

August, 2009: Matt Frattin arrested for DUI.

September, 2009: Danny Kristo cited by police for underage drinking.

April, 2012: Michael Parks cited for underage drinking.

April, 2012: Dan Senkbeil cited for underage drinking and running from the cops.

August 2012: Michael Parks cited again for underage drinking.

September 2012: Jordan Schmaltz, Bryn Chyzyk, Zane Gothberg, and Drake Caggiula cited for underage drinking. Captains Andrew MacWilliam, Corban Knight, Danny Kristo, and Carter Rowney suspended on game after unacceptable behavior at team party.

I count 17 different UND players (mostly hockey)...NDSU had 10 in the petition fraud-2012; Travis Beck resisting arrest (second offense) (assult-dropped)-2013, Leevon Perry DUI-2013, Softball players Alex Sorbero delivery of alcohol, Cassidy Szeredy harrassment and disorderly conduct, Jenina Ortega (assult but dropped)- 2013, Brandon Jamison indecent exposure-2012; Garrett Johnson theft, Gregory Reid Jr. theft- 2010 (Best Buy theft ring), Brock Jensen MIP-2011.

Since Bison03 went back to 2003 and came up with 17, I went back to 2010 and came up with 18. Just think how many more there are from 2003-2009 from SMU 2.0 university. Go ahead compare championships but don't compare rap sheets.

BV is now comparing UND athletes in trouble with NDSU. Here is their list of UND players in trouble with the law.

http://www.bisonvill...or-Opener/page9

I count 17 different UND players (mostly hockey)...NDSU had 10 in the petition fraud-2012; Travis Beck resisting arrest (second offense) (assult-dropped)-2013, Leevon Perry DUI-2013, Softball players Alex Sorbero delivery of alcohol, Cassidy Szeredy harrassment and disorderly conduct, Jenina Ortega (assult but dropped)- 2013, Brandon Jamison indecent exposure-2012; Garrett Johnson theft, Gregory Reid Jr. theft- 2010 (Best Buy theft ring), Brock Jensen MIP-2011.

Since Bison03 went back to 2003 and came up with 17, I went back to 2010 and came up with 18. Just think how many more there are from 2003-2009 from SMU 2.0 university. Go ahead compare championships but don't compare rap sheets.

Feel free to go back to '03. Would be interesting. He also stuck to football and hockey yes? You included softball. Honestly, I wouldn't get too worked up for either NDSU or UND about MIP's.

From what papabear tells me, MIP's in the 70's and 80's were tough to get. Now....different story.

http://www.bisonvill...or-Opener/page9

Not going to throw any kids under the bus from either school, but there is a whole lot of things not included in either post, particularly MIP/MIC's..