SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs South Dakota Mines

Cratter

Yeah, there really isn't anything more to mention here other than UND should win by a bunch and the younger guys get some experience in the second half. The more interesting topic would be possible attendance on Thursday night. I think last year's opening game, which also was on a Thursday night at 7, is a perfect game to base a prediction. Last year, the opener recorded 8484, so 9000 should be a safe bet for this Thursday. However, all of last season there wasn't a game with over 10,000 attendance, so how awesome would it be if that was broken on 2012 opening night! I don't think it will happen but it certainly is possible, so that's something to look for.

It would be really nice to see attendance over 10k, but that is probably asking a lot given the competition. I am more interested if first beating them by at least 40, but also seeing them play as a team. I want to see how they have developed since last year and be able to form a gut feeling about how the season will go. Hopefully the younger guys get the entire second half to play!

This could rival the 80-0 blowout NDSU had over Minnesota State-Moorhead in 2000.

That game was a complete waste of time for the team. They didn't learn anything from it. The biggest thing about the Mines game is it isn't a counter. With all the high hopes on this board that could come back to haunt you.

That game was a complete waste of time for the team. They didn't learn anything from it. The biggest thing about the Mines game is it isn't a counter. With all the high hopes on this board that could come back to haunt you.

I think UND didn't want to pay for the backout. It was on the schedule before we were accepted in the Big Sky.

33-6, attendance 8600

I don't think UND will lose by THAT much. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't waste the smart alecky response, based on your glass-half empty history toward UND athletics and the fact that the home team traditionally is the latter number on the scoring line, hence "6" would be attributed to UND ( I know, others on here listed it the same way, but in most cases, they assigned the team name to the corresponding score.)

Rock on!

Attendance is more important than the game? This is about seeing what the players can do.

I'm afraid you misunderstood me; interest and importance are two different things. I would say the vast majority of us believe UND will win the game in a blowout; however, attendance is definitely an unknown.

According to the student handing out tickets today at the student ticket office, "the tickets are flying." I'm optimistic about Thursday.

• Upvote 2

A week or 2 ago they reported that season ticket sales were up 10% from last year's total. There is a lot more interest because of the Big Sky. Attendance for opening night last year was 8,400+, so I could easily see 10,000 at the game. After all, opening night used to be one of the better attended games in past years.

There is a lot more interest because of the Big Sky.

I agree - Hopefully those on the fence for attending games the past few seasons are on board for a new chapter of UND football. Even though I was a regular during the transition, I find myself being more excited for the football season than I've been in a while. I'm sure many others are feeling the same way.

My Prediction?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E